Huckleberry takes another state!

I don't like him for the reasons Jarod mentions AND for that economic populism crap.
QFT

However many people liked his "Fair Tax" and were confused into believing he was conservative because of that one thing and his uber-religious stance.

QFT

However many people liked his "Fair Tax" and were confused into believing he was conservative because of that one thing and his uber-religious stance.

Exactly and they should have voted for him if they thought he was the best candidate to reflect their positions on the whole. I wonder if Jarod will hold Obama and Hitlary to the same standards?

QFT

Hehe.......they probably were. But I wasn't. Still liked him. He's my kind of "Democrat."

So a message should be sent that people are not allowed to exercise free speech? Because YOU disagree with their ideas? Talk about UnAmerican.

No, AGAIN, he should be allowed to say whatever he wants... But the message should be that because he is so idiotic on throcracy we will not tolerate that and will vote against him for it.

Refusing to vote for someone because of what they say, is not limiting there free speach you idiot!

Hell, even Cypress liked some of the economic populism that Huckabee spouts. The exact reason I don't like him (as a candidate).

I like some of his ideas, but the one ilistrates such an ignorance of American freedom it should disquailfy him, in my opinion.

If the best canidate in the world, who I loved everything about him except that he supports white supremicisy were running, I WOULD NOT VOTE FOR HIM!

No, AGAIN, he should be allowed to say whatever he wants... But the message should be that because he is so idiotic on throcracy we will not tolerate that and will vote against him for it.

Refusing to vote for someone because of what they say, is not limiting there free speach you idiot!

Telling others to not vote for a candidate simply because that candidate possesses one position that YOU do not like is pathetic. It has ZERO chance of passing. So who cares if he says it Jarod? Again, he is pandering to a certain group of people that agree with him on that. Only an idiot cannot see that is what he is doing. Any intelligent person who likes Huckabees OTHER positions can see he is pandering and should still vote for him if Huckabees other positions are best suited for them.

So please, quit your incessant whining about this. We get it. You don't like the fact that he spoke about something that will not happen.

Telling others to not vote for a candidate simply because that candidate possesses one position that YOU do not like is pathetic. It has ZERO chance of passing. So who cares if he says it Jarod? Again, he is pandering to a certain group of people that agree with him on that. Only an idiot cannot see that is what he is doing. Any intelligent person who likes Huckabees OTHER positions can see he is pandering and should still vote for him if Huckabees other positions are best suited for them.

So please, quit your incessant whining about this. We get it. You don't like the fact that he spoke about something that will not happen.

So, you would vote for a canidate if you liked everythign about him except his one policy except that he promoted killing any and all children born with red hair?

So, you would vote for a canidate if you liked everythign about him except his one policy except that he promoted killing any and all children born with red hair?

So now you are equating his position to killing? Give it up man. Your position is pathetic.... and UnAmerican.

So now you are equating his position to killing? Give it up man. Your position is pathetic.... and UnAmerican.

No, I am drwaing a comparison, get a grip.

I feel strongly about the issue. My point is that there are single issues that can be deal breakers. For me this is one, and I believe it should be for more people.

Change it from killing red heads, to white supremacy, or womens sufferage or something else if you perfer, the point is that single issues can and sometimes should be deal breakers.

I feel strongly about the issue. My point is that there are single issues that can be deal breakers. For me this is one, and I believe it should be for more people.

Change it from killing red heads, to white supremacy, or womens sufferage or something else if you perfer, the point is that single issues can and sometimes should be deal breakers.

yes, you are comparing his proposed amendments to proposing killing a certain group of people.

I understand you feel strongly about the issue. I personally agree that it is a moronic position for him to have. But I do not believe it is UnAmerican of him to make the suggestion nor do I think anyone who votes for him should be embarrassed for doing so. If his overall positions best reflect theirs, they SHOULD vote for him.

You also continue to ignore the fact that many may be voting in protest of McCain. But please, continue your whining.

Or deal makers for those of us who believe abortion is murder.

There you go, so, if you loved a canidate and felt he was great on every issue, except he was pro-choice, would you vote for him anyway?
Make the scenario fit.

He was pro-choice but could never pass the amendment to change it from the current pro-life laws... (I know, not reality, but if the scenario is to fit it must be).

Then yes. I would know that his efforts to change it to what he wanted and what I disliked about him would be fruitless.

Make the scenario fit.

He was pro-choice but could never pass the amendment to change it from the current pro-life laws... (I know, not reality, but if the scenario is to fit it must be).

Then yes. I would know that his efforts to change it to what he wanted and what I disliked about him would be fruitless.

Okay, what about other issues, say he was against womans sufferage???

Dumb. If he was against Women's sufferage he would be against other things that I would be against as well.

Again make the scenario fit.

I feel that way about destroying freedom with religous requirements.

But lets pretend the guy was perfect on all of that!

With all due respect to those involved, damn this discussion is lame. You are discussing a pandering politician who is going nowhere. Let it go.

I feel that way about destroying freedom with religous requirements.

But lets pretend the guy was perfect on all of that!
Which religious requirements? You pretend as if people haven't suggested these same ones for decades.

You "fear" what will never be, and suggest that I should too. That I should even be embarrassed about it for some reason that escapes me.

And yes, if everything else was exactly as I believe and he worked for some inane thing that never would pass that I disagreed with I would still vote for them.

Shoot, usually I have to hold my nose. A candidate like that would be awesome.

Which religious requirements? You pretend as if people haven't suggested these same ones for decades.

You "fear" what will never be, and suggest that I should too. That I should even be embarrassed about it for some reason that escapes me.

And yes, if everything else was exactly as I believe and he worked for some inane thing that never would pass that I disagreed with I would still vote for them.

Shoot, usually I have to hold my nose. A candidate like that would be awesome.

I knwo people have been suggesting this type of thing for years, its nuthing new, its why many early settlers came to America. I just find it particularly offensive.

I belive many (including people involved in this discussion) use pro-choice v. anti-choice as a litmis test and would never vote for an anti-choice or a pro-choicer, regardless of the other issues.

Back