I DON'T "BELIEVE" ANY GODS EXIST; I ALSO DON'T "BELIEVE" THERE ARE NO GODS!

My name is not Francis. I do not do "believing."

You are...

my%20pet.jpg

That's OK Francis, you go right on believing that.

Now show everyone how your OCD makes you reply.

Indeed.....the word "believe" requires a leap of faith. A true Atheist would be able to declare....THERE ARE/IS NO gODS, and proceed to document this statement with objective, testable, repeatable evidences of fact. Thus: The Atheist is an "oxymoron" of self contradiction. ;) If you can't PROVE there is no GOD....then you are working on faith alone, something the Atheist states they do not believe in.

Not in the least. "Atheist" simply means "without a belief in a god". It doesn't require any belief to be an atheist. Atheism is the absence of belief. It's believers, with their positive belief, that need to document their belief with "objective, testable, repeatable evidences of fact". It's their complete inability to do so that creates atheists. God appears to have been invented to explain the so far unexplained. As science explains more of the unknown, there's less room for any gods.

Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

If God actually cared whether or not we believed in Him, He'd demonstrate His existence. Instead, all we've got is a collection of myths and legends, no more believable than Harry Potter.

Not in the least. "Atheist" simply means "without a belief in a god". It doesn't require any belief to be an atheist. Atheism is the absence of belief. It's believers, with their positive belief, that need to document their belief with "objective, testable, repeatable evidences of fact". It's their complete inability to do so that creates atheists. God appears to have been invented to explain the so far unexplained. As science explains more of the unknown, there's less room for any gods.

Why do you say that "atheist" simply means "without a belief in a god?"

Most atheists I know in my non-cyber life (and many on-line) DO have a belief on the issue. They say, "There are NO GODS."

If God actually cared whether or not we believed in Him, He'd demonstrate His existence. Instead, all we've got is a collection of myths and legends, no more believable than Harry Potter.

It's called Faith.

Try some - what do you have to lose?

My name is not Francis...I do not do "believing."

I love having a pet like you. This is how I view you:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66999206/please-pet-me-im-begging-you.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

My name is not Francis...I do not do "believing."

You are my pet. Here is how I think of you:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66999206/please-pet-me-im-begging-you.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

My name is not Francis...and I do not do "believing."

Here is how I think of you...as a pet:

Back