I found Hillary’s speech in RI offensive to me personally

That was a media hit job.

Point is, they were able to capitalize on it because because Americans distrust anyone who is highly inconsistent (Mitt Romney) or perceived as highly emotional (Howard Dean) or both (Hillary Clinton).

If we'd had an emotional, unstable person in the Presidency during the Cold War, we might well not be alive today.

Machoism almost destroyed the world in the Cold War. If we'd had emotionally healthy ADULTS running the world in the 20th century, there would've been no cold war. Instead we had emotionally flat children throwing temper tantrums and calling that manliness.

Occasionally.

Are you of the opinion that it would have helped to have an unstable, emotional person with nuclear missiles at their fingertips in a time of undeclared war?

Are you of the opinion that we should have a apathetic irrational idiot with nuclear weapons at their fingertips?

Are you of the opinion that we should have a apathetic irrational idiot with nuclear weapons at their fingertips?

Okay so in your mind, the antonym of instability is apathy, and being emotional is apparently equated with being rational.

Interesting and very telling.

Occasionally.

Are you of the opinion that it would have helped to have an unstable, emotional person with nuclear missiles at their fingertips in a time of undeclared war?

Are you really of the opinion that there is a REAL tangible possibility that we would be dead had Regan not been prez?

Okay so in your mind, the antonym of instability is apathy, and being emotional is apparently equated with being rational.

Interesting and very telling.

Being apathetic doesn't equate to being irrational and being emotional doesn't equate to being irrational. Apathy is just a way to avoid responsibility.

It's funny that me and Tex arrived at the same conclusion - "They're acting like children!" - at the same time. I don't think we're understanding each other.

After all, I admire Obamas message of hope and its what makes me want to vote for him. To give hope a chance. To bring change of a young outsiders into the whitehouse.

Hillary in Rhode Island sarcastically mocked Barack Obama and his message of Hope and Change.

“Now I could stand up here and say, let’s get everybody together, let’s get unified the sky will open, the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing,” she said, to a smattering of giggles. “And everyone will know we should do the right thing, and the world will be perfect.”

She added: “But I have no illusions about how hard this is going to be. You are not going to wave a magic wand and make the special interests disappear.”

Hillary apparently thinks she is attacking her opponent - but she is making a classic, and perhaps fatal, mistake: she is really attacking her opponent's AUDIENCE.

By mocking Obama's Hope/Change pitch, to the loud laughter of her fans - picked up by the media and blasted to all audiences across the country - Clinton is directly mocking the millions of Obama voters...whom she needs to win over in order to have any chance of victory.

Attack your opponent? By all means.
Attack him harshly? Absolutely.
Attack what his audience believes? SUICIDAL.

MOST excellent observation and I agree with every word. As I listened to portions of this speech, I said to myself, "She just played into the hands of exactly what Obama aluded to when he said his voters are not delusional.

It appears that Ms. Clinton thinks they are.

The GOP doesn't have to get all that creative. The alleged "liberal" media lap dogs, will always play along with the McCarthyite accusations of treason. If you think that fear and treason only played in 2004, and won't play in today's media, I think you might be underestimating how much swiftboating is going to go on.

Here's a screen shot from an on line CNN poll.

This may actually lead to a larger question of what is "patriotism" to African-Americans. The attack on Michelle Obama touched on this same issue.

Should patriotism to me look exactly like what patriotism is to you?

Back