I guess the experience issue is out

Timshel

McCain chooses a woman that's been governor for only two years. Oh yeah, and she was on a city council and mayor of Wasilla, Alaska (population 20... no, 5470 in 2000... might as well be 20).

McCain chooses a woman that's been governor for only two years. Oh yeah, and she was on a city council and mayor of Wasilla, Alaska (population 20... no, 5470 in 2000... might as well be 20).
She has the right amount of experience for the VP spot and so does Obama.

;)

I guess it isn't out after all. It takes three seconds to come up with a snappy comment.

Look at the two tickets...

Dems...

President... not much experience
VP.... lots of experience

Reps...

President... lots of experience
VP... not much experience

Which one has the ticket in the right order?

Experience is still a factor.

Look at the two tickets...

Dems...

President... not much experience
VP.... lots of experience

Reps...

President... lots of experience
VP... not much experience

Which one has the ticket in the right order?

Experience is still a factor.

Does judgement count?

just askin'

;)

I guess it isn't out after all. It takes three seconds to come up with a snappy comment.

The qualifications for Vice President are no different than those for President. McCain is freaking old and though he likes to talk about his mother on that, he is now older than both his father and grandfather were at their deaths.

The qualifications for Vice President are no different than those for President. McCain is freaking old and though he likes to talk about his mother on that, he is now older than both his father and grandfather were at their deaths.

Which means exactly jack shit.

Because again... she has just as much experience as the DEM PRESIDENTIAL candidate. Perhaps more so, given that she has actually HELD an executive decision. She has ACTUALLY enacted policy. She has SHOWN leadership in her short time in office.

Can you say the same for Obama? What legislation did he propose and/or lead the charge on? WHAT has he done to indicate leadership experience?

Again, to be clear... I think Obama is highly intelligent and will make a good leader should he be elected. He would surround himself (see... Joe Biden) with people that have the experience that he lacks that he can rely upon when needed. But that doesn't change the fact that he does not have the "experience" on his resume.... and he doesn't need someone to die in order for him to take office if elected. He is it.

SF and Damo running out with bs excuses. Give me a break. This is funny. They've pumped up this experience issue which is without merit and pretty irrelevant. Now they've picked someone with hardly any experience whatsoever.

she brings nothing to the table as VP and is a token pick. the more i think about it the more i think even independent and moderate republican woman are going to be offended by this..

Old man mccain is trying to appease woman..

SF and Damo running out with bs excuses. Give me a break. This is funny. They've pumped up this experience issue which is without merit and pretty irrelevant. Now they've picked someone with hardly any experience whatsoever.
Again, not to be President. Secondly, I am not trying to make excuses. I was simply showing how easily it can be answered. The Dems have a backwards ticket. It wasn't that difficult to see through it. It can even be summed up in that one silly "talking point" that I made up on the spot.

It actually underlines the experience issue at the top of the ticket, and adds an exclamation point to boot.

So the fact that the Rep VP pick has more experience than the Dem Presidential pick bothers you that much... interesting.

If you cannot see the difference in having an inexperienced VP vs. an inexperienced President then you need to take off the blinders.

Again, I think Obama is smart enough to pick a good supporting cast to overcome any "lack of experience" that he has. But that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have any. Even Biden and Hillary pointed that out as his weakness.

she brings nothing to the table as VP and is a token pick. the more i think about it the more i think even independent and moderate republican woman are going to be offended by this..

Old man mccain is trying to appease woman..

While I agree that her selection probably had something to do with her gender, it is not the only thing she brings to the ticket.

As I mentioned before on the other thread... she brings...

1) a blue collar background to the ticket (which could help with blue collar dems)
2) a record of fighting corruption... especially in her own party
3) a record of killing pork... see... bridge to nowhere
4) helps shore up the RR vote

BAC also added some on the other thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak
I agree that it was a good move.

1) reputation for fighting corruption
2) Will appeal to the "average person"
3) Will help ease tensions with the RR
4) Adds both female and youth to the ticket
5) comes from a very blue collar background

BAC added...All of the above including ..

6) Biden can't get too tough with her in debate
7) Will appeal to some Clinton voters
8) Injects some energy and excitement into his otherwise flat campaign

;)

You can't say Obama does not have enough experience to be President unless you want to admit that you have a VP that does not have enough experience to be President.

Do you think that's how McCain wants to talk up his VP?

"While I agree that her selection probably had something to do with her gender"

Gee...ya think?

I agree she brings more to the ticket, but the only reason she's on the ticket right now is because she's a woman. They're going after Hillary's supporters.

You can't say Obama does not have enough experience to be President unless you want to admit that you have a VP that does not have enough experience to be President.

Yes, you actually can talk it up. One is the leader of the ticket. The other occupies the number two slot. The Dems have their experience in the number two slot.

They can and will. They'll say. "I can't believe they bring that up when she has more executive experience than the top of their ticket!"

No matter which way you try to swing it, that bat isn't striking a ball. It is likely to fly right out of the hands of the batter and hit somebody in your own dugout.

"While I agree that her selection probably had something to do with her gender"

Gee...ya think?

I agree she brings more to the ticket, but the only reason she's on the ticket right now is because she's a woman. They're going after Hillary's supporters.

I do agree that is a big component... but I also think she brings the "going after blue collar dems"

I think the latter is where she will have the chance of greater success given her pro-life stance will likely turn off most of the Hillary voters.

Back