I guess the experience issue is out

I do agree that is a big component... but I also think she brings the "going after blue collar dems"

I think the latter is where she will have the chance of greater success given her pro-life stance will likely turn off most of the Hillary voters.
And when she goes out to hunt moose, she won't need to bring up her massive experience shooting squirrels.

"They can and will. They'll say. "I can't believe they bring that up when she has more executive experience than the top of their ticket!"

I'm not saying Obama should make a big deal about it. I'm saying it nullifies McCain making a big deal about it with Obama. And it does.

Everyone is talking about that, btw - even Fox.

"They can and will. They'll say. "I can't believe they bring that up when she has more executive experience than the top of their ticket!"

I'm not saying Obama should make a big deal about it. I'm saying it nullifies McCain making a big deal about it with Obama. And it does.

Everyone is talking about that, btw - even Fox.
I'm sure they are. I can't see because I'm at work watching a data dump run. But that being aside, they will continue to push the experience issue, and will talk about the backwards ticket and the fact that she really does have more executive experience than their candidate. It doesn't take away the issue like people think it does.

I'm sure they are. I can't see because I'm at work watching a data dump run. But that being aside, they will continue to push the experience issue, and will talk about the backwards ticket and the fact that she really does have more executive experience than their candidate. It doesn't take away the issue like people think it does.

Well, no surprisingly, we disagree.

I think McCain will look like a complete dork if he keeps hammering Obama on experience, as he has. He'll be telling America that his VP is not ready for the job.

Well, no surprisingly, we disagree.

I think McCain will look like a complete dork if he keeps hammering Obama on experience, as he has. He'll be telling America that his VP is not ready for the job.
He won't, he'll be underlining that she has more experience than Obama as an executive. You will think he looks that way, but I think the people understand what a bottom heavy ticket looks like.

So the fact that the Rep VP pick has more experience than the Dem Presidential pick bothers you that much... interesting.

She does not have more experience (not that I really care) and it does NOT bother me. I just find it ironic.

The exec argument is pathetic too, since McCain has never served as an executive.

If you cannot see the dif... blah blah blah... more hypocritical bs hair splitting

The VP can quite easily become President, especially when you have an old fart like McCain. If experience is such a key issue, why would he name a VP with so little experience.

Last edited:
"The exec argument is pathetic too, since McCain has never served as an executive."

Hadn't thought about that. Palin has more exec experience than McCain!

Damo thinks it's a winner though, and that it will resonate with "the people"

Look at the two tickets...

Dems...

President... not much experience
VP.... lots of experience

Reps...

President... lots of experience
VP... not much experience

Which one has the ticket in the right order?

Experience is still a factor.
Ok so here is my question. Tell me ONE THING that might happen while Obama was president that with his lack of experience he would not be able to handle it? Something military? That is what the joint chiefs are for. Some sort of natural disaster? Well unless his last name is Brown, your FEMA director should be able to advise you. I just want to know what one thing you think will happen that Obama and his cabinet will not be able to handle because of his lack of experience. Christ Bush was a governor and fucked up foreign policy so bad with ALL HIS EXPERIENCE.

"The exec argument is pathetic too, since McCain has never served as an executive."

Hadn't thought about that. Palin has more exec experience than McCain!

Damo thinks it's a winner though, and that it will resonate with "the people"
I actually was going to bring that up, she has more executive experience than any of the three. And resonate wasn't what I said, I said that they can tell which ticket put the experience in the place that it needs to be.

I don't believe anybody here is worried about Barack's experience level because we are geeks, we know he isn't deciding on minutiae and what he doesn't know will be handled or advised on by those who have experience in those things. Of course, most people are not here.

Ok so here is my question. Tell me ONE THING that might happen while Obama was president that with his lack of experience he would not be able to handle it? Something military? That is what the joint chiefs are for. Some sort of natural disaster? Well unless his last name is Brown, your FEMA director should be able to advise you. I just want to know what one thing you think will happen that Obama and his cabinet will not be able to handle because of his lack of experience. Christ Bush was a governor and fucked up foreign policy so bad with ALL HIS EXPERIENCE.

You have obviously not read all of my posts. That was just to describe how the Reps could still use the experience factor against Obama.

If you read on... you will see that I stated pretty much what you did above. Obama will surround himself (see Joe Biden) with quality advisors with experience in areas that he can draw upon when needed. Outside of disagreeing with him on policy issues, I think he has the intelligence to make a good leader. But that doesn't change the fact that McCain has the intelligence AND the experience. As does Biden. Palin and Obama have the intelligence but lack the experience when compared to the other two.

that makes one party top heavy and one bottom heavy. Which one will the American public choose? We shall see.

I actually was going to bring that up, she has more executive experience than any of the three.

And with that, you really think McCain's rejoinder will be, "she has more exec experience than the top of their ticket!"

I'll bet right here that he doesn't say or imply that once in the campaign.

And with that, you really think McCain's rejoinder will be, "she has more exec experience than the top of their ticket!"

I'll bet right here that he doesn't say or imply that once in the campaign.
I don't think that McCain will be giving the rejoinder. I do think that it would be the answer though. We'll probably see some articles stating just that pretty soon. That is my prediction.

I don't think that McCain will be giving the rejoinder. I do think that it would be the answer though. We'll probably see some articles stating just that pretty soon. That is my prediction.

It's a bet, then. I bet we barely hear it, if at all.

Didn't I win on the Rev. Wright bet?

She does not have more experience (not that I really care) and it does NOT bother me. I just find it ironic.

The exec argument is pathetic too, since McCain has never served as an executive.

The VP can quite easily become President, especially when you have an old fart like McCain. If experience is such a key issue, why would he name a VP with so little experience.

The exec argument is why American's usually elect a Govenor President and not Senators.

Look at the two tickets...

Dems...

President... not much experience
VP.... lots of experience

Reps...

President... lots of experience
VP... not much experience

Which one has the ticket in the right order?

Experience is still a factor.

experience is shit when you make the wrong decisions..... who was right on iraq, afghanistan, I have a lot of experience riding a driving, it doesn't mean im good at it.

Nope. A month later I brought it back up and you were "shocked' they were still talking about it in the news.

I remember that, but I couldn't remember how long your claim was that it would hold. It's dead now, which is probably all that matters.

Hey, dumbasses. If McCain gets elected president, then Pallin will be president in 2 to 3 years. The issue is very relevant because McCain is extremely like to drop dead.

Hey, dumbasses. If McCain gets elected president, then Pallin will be president in 2 to 3 years. The issue is very relevant because McCain is extremely like to drop dead.
In 2 to 3 years she would gain the experience necessary to take the reigns. So would Obama.

Back