I have given up on Edwards, now supporting Obama!

We should pause for a moment and think about the vast amount of money that has already been spent in inter-party primary wars before the Dem and Repub even square off in the general.

Elections are growing prohibitively expensive for anyone but American aristocracy.

That's just wishful thinking.

Clinton is hardly done. As a matter of fact, looking at the dynamics of this race right now, I would say that Obama needs a minor miracle to end up with the nomination. It's back to being "Hillary's race to lose..."

Yup!

That's an excellent point Desh. I also think Clinton is bad for Dems on how she energizes the bases of each party.

Its the Rovian thing.Make her strength her weakness. She polorises because of the past work the Republicans have done to demonize her. She will be easier to attack than Obama. They have to tread much more carefully to attack him without having their racist skirts show. They want it to be hillary badly.

How can Hillary be the change candidate if she is the a part of the Bushclinton cabal controlling our country.

It will start the minute she is picked.

Well honestly Desh we DO need someone other than a Bush-Clinton-Clinton-Bush-Bush-Clinton to break our current competing dynasties. It really isn't even competing. One family just fucks up the country, the other one wins by promising to fix it, and then the first party comes back in claiming to be "anti-Washington establishment".

We need to remove the influence of large donations in presidential politics if we are ever going to be anything close to a true democracy.

The thing is Clinton did some good things for this country and the Bushes did not. So you tie them together as if the Clinton record is the same as the Bush record. She is not my first pick but I dont see any Republican I can for for instead of her if it comes down to it.

Its just the tactics they will use.

The thing is Clinton did some good things for this country and the Bushes did not. So you tie them together as if the Clinton record is the same as the Bush record. She is not my first pick but I dont see any Republican I can for for instead of her if it comes down to it.

Bill Clinton's was a good Presidency. When compared with Dubya, Bush Sr's Presidency, in retrospect, was actually not that bad.

We need to end the cycle for a variety of reasons. We are a nation of 300 million. What does it say to the world to have a Bush or a Clinton running the country for close to 30 years? We can, and should, do better than that...

Yeah, but I've never seen a candidate that has worked harder at losing than her. I mean, attempting to close specific caucuses because some union endorsed somebody else? Not good.

I don't know..... Gore was awesome at trying to be the loser that he is.

The only losers are people who didn't like his sigh or thought he believed he invented the internet, and voted for one of the worst Presidents in American history as a result.

This is the silly partisan hate whipped up for any prospective Democratic candidate.

Obama came out of no where on them and they do not have the years of mindless insults burried deep in their members brains.

The only losers are people who didn't like his sigh or thought he believed he invented the internet, and voted for one of the worst Presidents in American history as a result.

I was referring to the way he backed away from the economy, the way he lost his home state etc.... not the whole stupid "sighing" bullshit.

We're talking about using poor tactics that create an uphill battle. I think Gore would have stomped all over Bush if he hadn't attempted to hide from the economy and Clinton. Like people voting for HW Bush would think they were getting another Reagan (later to be disappointed) people would have voted Gore if they thought they were getting another Clinton.

I'm talking strategy, not sighs and teh internets...

Agreed, but thats not how the Republicans will play it!

Well, say what you want about Gore's campaign, and I'm not saying I didn't have problems with it, but the fact remains that more people went out that day to vote for him than for Bush, both in Florida & nationally, so it's not like he blew it.

Well, say what you want about Gore's campaign, and I'm not saying I didn't have problems with it, but the fact remains that more people went out that day to vote for him than for Bush, both in Florida & nationally, so it's not like he blew it.

Excellent point!

A tiny bit of campaigning in his own state and it would have been reflected by moving companies coming for his furniture and a move to Pennsylvania Ave. Instead... well, we know how it went.

If Obama doesn't win the Dem nomination I have no idea what I am going to do. Not voting for Edwards ever. Would rather drink bile than vote for Hillary. Can't vote for a republican because they are all doing their best to run as the rightest rightwinger in rightville. Maybe Bloomberg? Thought I could vote for McCain but then he said we could be in Iraq for 1000 years and I knew that I couldn't vote for him even. Maybe the libertarian? This election could suck worse than 2004.

If Obama doesn't win the Dem nomination I have no idea what I am going to do. Not voting for Edwards ever. Would rather drink bile than vote for Hillary. Can't vote for a republican because they are all doing their best to run as the rightest rightwinger in rightville. Maybe Bloomberg? Thought I could vote for McCain but then he said we could be in Iraq for 1000 years and I knew that I couldn't vote for him even. Maybe the libertarian? This election could suck worse than 2004.

McCain was making an analogy when he said that. He was comparing the situation to that of German or Japan. That IF (and this is a very big if) the troops were no longer under attack or dying in Iraq that people would not care if we had troops stationed there any more than they care that there are troops in Germany or Japan.

That said, I agree that we could be stuck with worse selections than 2004.... which is sad.... so very sad.

Back