I Nearly Choked On My Coffee After This Fox News Host Suggested Workers Making $20/Hr

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Earn $100,000 A Year

Recently, Fox News host Jesse Watters received backlash after messing up some very basic math and insulting fast food workers in the process.

Someone making $40,000 a year in California brings home about $32,000 after taxes, or about $2,666 a month. Meanwhile, according to Zillow, the state's median rent sits at $2,790 a month.

As you can imagine, people were not pleased after watching Watters's take. Some didn't like how he kept adjusting the situation to make the numbers work — even though they never did.

https://news.yahoo.com/nearly-choked-coffee-fox-news-201830195.html

Guno צְבִי;5963733 said:
Earn $100,000 A Year

Recently, Fox News host Jesse Watters received backlash after messing up some very basic math and insulting fast food workers in the process.

Someone making $40,000 a year in California brings home about $32,000 after taxes, or about $2,666 a month. Meanwhile, according to Zillow, the state's median rent sits at $2,790 a month.

As you can imagine, people were not pleased after watching Watters's take. Some didn't like how he kept adjusting the situation to make the numbers work — even though they never did.

Jesse Watters is another Fox News pundit who sold his soul for money. It’s one thing to make a simple math error, but another to keep repeating the same mistake.

Guno צְבִי;5963733 said:
Earn $100,000 A Year

Is that before or after tossing in all their welfare and subsidized healthcare benefits?

Guno צְבִי;5963733 said:

So now everyone is supposed to be able to afford to live alone in their own apartment?

When I was a young, minimum wage service industry employee in the late 70's and early 80's, back when the minimum wage was somewhere between $2.65 and $3.25 per hour, none of us could afford our own apartments either.

We did this thing called "finding roommates".

It's where two or three people get a place together and split the rent and utilities equally amongst themselves.

So, let's say a 3 bdr. apartment rents for $2,700 a month. Three people would pay $900 each. Add another $150 each for utilities and you're at 1,050 per month each.

Divide that by 4.3 weeks in a month and each roommates fixed weekly expenses would be about $245 per week.

Someone bringing home $2600 per month would be netting $600 per week.

Take out $245 rent & utilities which leaves them with $365 per week to spend on whatever.

Doesn't sound like such a dire situation to me.

Last edited:
So now everyone is supposed to be able to afford to live alone in their own apartment?

When I was a young, minimum wage service industry employee in the late 70's and early 80's, back when the minimum wage was somewhere between $2.65 and $3.25 per hour, none of us could afford our own apartments either.

It's where two or three people get a place together and split the rent and utilities equally amongst themselves.

So, let's say a 3 bdr. apartment rents for $2,700 a month. Three people would pay $900 each. Add another $150 each for utilities and you're at 1,050 per month each.

Divide that by 4.3 weeks in a month and each roommates fixed weekly expenses would be about $245 per week.

Take out $245 rent & utilities which leaves them with $365 per week to spend on whatever.

That’s great for you and you single trans roommates, but I think the reference was for young families. It’s a bit different for a standard couple and their 2.5 kids. Daycare is so expensive that, even if the wife worked to advance a career, all that extra income goes to daycare. It’s often easier for the mother to stay home and the father to work. That’s where the problem of low pay and high living costs come into play.

My advice is to move to Texas. :thup:

That’s great for you and you single trans roommates, but I think the reference was for young families. It’s a bit different for a standard couple and their 2.5 kids. Daycare is so expensive that, even if the wife worked to advance a career, all that extra income goes to daycare. It’s often easier for the mother to stay home and the father to work. That’s where the problem of low pay and high living costs come into play.

do not come.
imrs.php

So then why are people starting families when they work low wage jobs to begin with?

Why are people's bad decisions now everyone else's problem?

Besides, if a fambly is that poor, they're eligible for all kinds of gub'mint assistance.

SNAP food assistance, free phones and internet, daycare assistance, rent assistance.

Most of these supposed problems get blown out of proportion by people who advocate the "more free shit for everyone" agenda.

People who don't live beyond their means don't have these issues to begin with.

So then why are people starting families when they work low wage jobs to begin with?

Besides, if a fambly is that poor, they're eligible for all kinds of gub'mint assistance.

SNAP food assistance, free phones and internet, daycare assistance, rent assistance.

Most of these supposed problems get blown out of proportion by people who advocate the "more free shit for everyone" agenda.

let them eat cake, amirite?

Sane, intelligent and educated people understand basic human intelligence via the Bell Curve.

Without being cruel, just factual, stupid people often make stupid decisions.

100622+IQs+compared+2.JPG

should assistance be for illegal immigrants only?

congratulations you can do math.

The minimum wage was designed to be a living wage. It was supposed to keep up with inflation. We have a min wage because most owners would pay even less if they could get away with it.

watters is just one more example of how the media takes a moron, sprinkles some fairy bullshit on them, and they become famous enough for the idiot voter base to worship them. It's done all the time on left and right.

Back