I Nearly Choked On My Coffee After This Fox News Host Suggested Workers Making $20/Hr

That’s great for you and you single trans roommates, but I think the reference was for young families. It’s a bit different for a standard couple and their 2.5 kids. Daycare is so expensive that, even if the wife worked to advance a career, all that extra income goes to daycare. It’s often easier for the mother to stay home and the father to work. That’s where the problem of low pay and high living costs come into play.

My advice is to move to Texas. :thup:

Or NC

So now everyone is supposed to be able to afford to live alone in their own apartment?

When I was a young, minimum wage service industry employee in the late 70's and early 80's, back when the minimum wage was somewhere between $2.65 and $3.25 per hour, none of us could afford our own apartments either.

We did this thing called "finding roommates".

It's where two or three people get a place together and split the rent and utilities equally amongst themselves.

So, let's say a 3 bdr. apartment rents for $2,700 a month. Three people would pay $900 each. Add another $150 each for utilities and you're at 1,050 per month each.

Divide that by 4.3 weeks in a month and each roommates fixed weekly expenses would be about $245 per week.

Someone bringing home $2600 per month would be netting $600 per week.

Take out $245 rent & utilities which leaves them with $365 per week to spend on whatever.

Doesn't sound like such a dire situation to me.

This thread subject went right over your head huh?

The thread topic is about a totally lost FOX NEWS host, that can't even do simple math, while lying about $20 an hour fast food employees making $100,000 annual, and implying this is a major cause of inflation. No one making $20 an hour makes 6 figure annual incomes- even if they worked 24 hours a day 7x7. DUH!

It has nothing to do with people's desires or financial need for roommates.

People generally know when they need a roommate or not!

Last edited:
Guno צְבִי;5963733 said:
Earn $100,000 A Year Recently, Fox News host Jesse Watters received backlash after messing up some very basic math and insulting fast food workers in the process.
Someone making $40,000 a year in California brings home about $32,000 after taxes, or about $2,666 a month. Meanwhile, according to Zillow, the state's median rent sits at $2,790 a month.
As you can imagine, people were not pleased after watching Watters's take. Some didn't like how he kept adjusting the situation to make the numbers work — even though they never did.
In your haste to just post something, you forgot to make a point.

You're having a delusional relapse, huh?

The thread topic is about a totally lost FOX NEWS host,
This thread has no point. Your delusional flashback to when Fox News was the conservative boogeyman has you phasing in and out of present day.

Well, you got that right. This thread has nothing to do with anything. You should have seen the it's a guno thread and skipped over it.

People often speculate about such, but most get it wrong.

You're having a delusional relapse, huh?

This thread has no point. Your delusional flashback to when Fox News was the conservative boogeyman has you phasing in and out of present day.

Well, you got that right. This thread has nothing to do with anything. You should have seen the it's a guno thread and skipped over it.

People often speculate about such, but most get it wrong.

You're delusional, for it is Fox News that has no point, so they should be skipped over, as they are totally out of touch with reality and the truth.

Guno is my forum friend, and that does not does not hinge on your approval or concerns.

NEXT!

Last edited:

No, but it sure as hell went over yours.

Though that's probably no big feat, you being the diminutive runt you probably are.

The thread topic is about a totally lost FOX NEWS host, that can't even do simple math, while lying about $20 an hour fast food employees making $100,000 annual, and implying this is a major cause of inflation. No one making $20 an hour makes 6 figure annual incomes- even if they worked 24 hours a day 7x7. DUH!

I read the article again and nowhere in it, does the Fox host mention the subject of inflation or $20/hr fast food wages being a major cause of it.

So you are in no position to accuse anyone else of lying, when you are the one who's doing all the lying here.

And some correction is also required re: your limited understanding of the underlying subject of the article, which wasted a lot of words harping on the Fox host's bad arithmetic, rather than the real point, which was the lack of necessity, to pay fast food workers $20 an hour.

The OP of this thread quoted the following passage directly from the linked article....

"Someone making $40,000 a year in California brings home about $32,000 after taxes, or about $2,666 a month. Meanwhile, according to Zillow, the state's median rent sits at $2,790 a month."

That ^^^^ is what I responded to in my post, because all the meaningless yammering about the guy's bad arithmetic was of no interest to me and was likely only meant to distract from his real point, which was that a take home salary of $32,000 per year is nothing to cry poverty over.

And I laid out the numbers to back it up in my response as well.

Young people who work in fast food can find roommates and live in reasonable comfort on $10 or $12 an hour.

If some young fast food workers are stupid enough to start families that they cannot afford to support, it's not the rest of society's responsibility to pay them a salary that's 2x or 3x what their labor is worth, driving up prices for the rest of us.

And as I said in my response to the OP, there is plenty of assistance available to help raise and care for children nowadays.

If you're the head of a family, your hourly fast food job days should be behind you. You should have either moved on to something better or even worked your way up to a higher paying fast food management position.

It's not the rest of the world's responsibility to pay for your lack of ambition or poor career decisions.

You're delusional, for it is Fox News that has no point, so they should be skipped over, as they are totally out of touch with reality and the truth.
Be that as it may, you didn't skip over the thread.

Guno is my forum friend, and that does not does not hinge on your approval or concerns.
You both certainly have that intellectual cowardice thing going for you, so it's a good thing you aren't looking for anyone's approval.

Is guno teaching you how to whine and hurl petty insults without ever having a point? He's really good at that. You should take him up on it if he offers.

57e4ea61d60277069a2ad6bc4ba48ce6.png

I read the article again and nowhere in it, does the Fox host mention the subject of inflation or $20/hr fast food wages being a major cause of it.
Ha-ha! The joke's on you. Geeko Sportivo has no point in response to guno's thread that has no point. Your error came in responding to Geeko Sportivo thinking he would be intellectually honest.

Otherwise, you were on point.

Be that as it may, you didn't skip over the thread.

You both certainly have that intellectual cowardice thing going for you, so it's a good thing you aren't looking for anyone's approval.

Is guno teaching you how to whine and hurl petty insults without ever having a point? He's really good at that. You should take him up on it if he offers.

57e4ea61d60277069a2ad6bc4ba48ce6.png

One of the reasons why Guno and I are friends, is we respect each other for having our own opinions- even when we disagree- which is not very often.

You too could be our friend, if you showed respect for other people to express their opinions.

You don't have to agree with Guno or me to be our friend- you just have to show respect Sir!

Last edited:
No, but it sure as hell went over yours.

Though that's probably no big feat, you being the diminutive runt you probably are.

So you are in no position to accuse anyone else of lying, when you are the one who's doing all the lying here.

And some correction is also required re: your limited understanding of the underlying subject of the article, which wasted a lot of words harping on the Fox host's bad arithmetic, rather than the real point, which was the lack of necessity, to pay fast food workers $20 an hour.

The OP of this thread quoted the following passage directly from the linked article....

"Someone making $40,000 a year in California brings home about $32,000 after taxes, or about $2,666 a month. Meanwhile, according to Zillow, the state's median rent sits at $2,790 a month."

That ^^^^ is what I responded to in my post, because all the meaningless yammering about the guy's bad arithmetic was of no interest to me and was likely only meant to distract from his real point, which was that a take home salary of $32,000 per year is nothing to cry poverty over.

And I laid out the numbers to back it up in my response as well.

Young people who work in fast food can find roommates and live in reasonable comfort on $10 or $12 an hour.

If some young fast food workers are stupid enough to start families that they cannot afford to support, it's not the rest of society's responsibility to pay them a salary that's 2x or 3x what their labor is worth, driving up prices for the rest of us.

And as I said in my response to the OP, there is plenty of assistance available to help raise and care for children nowadays.

If you're the head of a family, your hourly fast food job days should be behind you. You should have either moved on to something better or even worked your way up to a higher paying fast food management position.

It's not the rest of the world's responsibility to pay for your lack of ambition or poor career decisions.

Why don't you tell us what Fast Food Workers should make in your mind- YOU SEEM TO THINK YOU ARE THE EXPERT ON FAST FOOD WORKERS- accusing them of having babies they can't afford, or living beyond their means, ACCUSING THEM OF BEING STUPID with no motivations to better themselves, AND ACCUSING THEM OF EXPECTING SOMEONE ELSE TO PAY THEIR WAY!

YOU ASSUME A LOT there OLD FART! We get it, you have no respect for people that may not be as fortunate as you!

I mean why put the forum readers through all your derogatory comments about your poor disregard for Fast Food Workers?

Did someone spit on your Squat-a-burger?

Last edited:
Guno צְבִי;5963733 said:
Earn $100,000 A Year

Recently, Fox News host Jesse Watters received backlash after messing up some very basic math and insulting fast food workers in the process.

Someone making $40,000 a year in California brings home about $32,000 after taxes, or about $2,666 a month. Meanwhile, according to Zillow, the state's median rent sits at $2,790 a month.

As you can imagine, people were not pleased after watching Watters's take. Some didn't like how he kept adjusting the situation to make the numbers work — even though they never did.

https://news.yahoo.com/nearly-choked-coffee-fox-news-201830195.html
Every so often, especially when something of import is breaking, I'll check to see what Fox is saying. Of course, if it's positive for Democrats they have interviews with the pillow guy instead.

If it's boilerplate politics, I often have to shut it off after less than 5 minutes. I just don't have the bandwidth to process so much garbage in so short a period of time.

So now everyone is supposed to be able to afford to live alone in their own apartment?

When I was a young, minimum wage service industry employee in the late 70's and early 80's, back when the minimum wage was somewhere between $2.65 and $3.25 per hour, none of us could afford our own apartments either.

We did this thing called "finding roommates".

It's where two or three people get a place together and split the rent and utilities equally amongst themselves.

So, let's say a 3 bdr. apartment rents for $2,700 a month. Three people would pay $900 each. Add another $150 each for utilities and you're at 1,050 per month each.

Divide that by 4.3 weeks in a month and each roommates fixed weekly expenses would be about $245 per week.

Someone bringing home $2600 per month would be netting $600 per week.

Take out $245 rent & utilities which leaves them with $365 per week to spend on whatever.

Doesn't sound like such a dire situation to me.

I remember the roommate days well. That was when min wage jobs were for kids. Now they're for families who have no ability to work in manufacturing. Those jobs are gone.

You left out auto payment/insurance/fuel necessary to get to work.

It also supposes that all fast food workers are full time. Most aren't.

One of the reasons why Guno and I are friends, is we respect each other for having our own opinions- even when we disagree- which is not very often.
Nope. The reason you two are friends is because you cling to each other in the dishonest, mindless collective ... and thus you never disagree.

You too could be our friend, if you showed respect for other people to express their opinions.
I was very respectful to both of you. Neither of you showed even a shred of respect for me. You attacked me rather visciously simply because I disagreed with your mindless collective.

I have only ever been completely honest with the two of you, and both of you have only ever been completely dishonest with me, as well as insulting. Ask me how I know what "goyim" means. If that's how you treat your friends, then let's be enemies.

NEXT!
Ironically, there will be millions of morons across the nation that will parrot the $100k/year lie now.

Every so often, especially when something of import is breaking, I'll check to see what Fox is saying. Of course, if it's positive for Democrats they have interviews with the pillow guy instead.
You're living in the past. Fox News became a clone of CNN about five years ago. If you aren't glued to Fox News as a leftist, you are confused.

If it's boilerplate politics, I often have to shut it off after less than 5 minutes. I just don't have the bandwidth to process so much garbage in so short a period of time.
You obviously don't watch Fox News because if you did, you'd think it was MSNBC.

Conservatives don't watch it anymore.

Guno צְבִי;5963733 said:
Earn $100,000 A Year

Recently, Fox News host Jesse Watters received backlash after messing up some very basic math and insulting fast food workers in the process.

https://news.yahoo.com/nearly-choked-coffee-fox-news-201830195.html

But you KNOW a good percentage of their idiot viewers believed it, and blame Biden. :rolleyes:

Back