If Americans only knew

Say Runyon, kinda hard to get across to shitbricks, hence the brick part at the ned of the stinky bastards! :cof1:
At least we realize that shit belongs in bricks, not brains. Try flushing your cranium once in a while: some genuine thought might actually flourish if it's not choked by sewage.

The "ones that count" eh? And just who would those be?

Ultimately, the only people whose opinions matter in that region are the common Arabs and Persians on that cliched street -- Muslim, Christian, Zoroastrian and whatever else. If they come to believe that thieves and murderers like Bush, Cheney and Rummy are genuinely representative of the American people, we may as well close our embassies and go home.

Brilliant observation Ornery! Now when you come to realize even if it were a whole different admin perhaps of your choice they will not feel any different!
Typical one way attitude with the hatred of this administration showing the real lack of understanding what we are facing, and hardly this is due to the last few years of Bush being in office shitbrick!

Neither Christian nor Jews do, however.

If you honestly believe that Islam is fundamentally more hateful or judgmental than Christianity, then you're lying to yourself. They are remarkably similar in many ways. That's why their baby killing fanatics are so much like Christian baby killing fanatics.

Whatever are you speaking of with "Christian baby killing fanatics"? Yes, Islam is more hateful, since it instructs believers to 'kill'...

You are interpreting the Bible the way you wish it to be.

At least we realize that shit belongs in bricks, not brains. Try flushing your cranium once in a while: some genuine thought might actually flourish if it's not choked by sewage.

Hey now Ornery, I remain all original with my opinions here, no one liners patting the back of a post I like, no poll posting, no statistical bullshit like you and yer fellow shitbricks! No speak of genuine, can we get more of it out of ya other than that avatar?

Such anger, and so many insults flung towards fellow poster sir evil...why? Cheerleading us into a failed war, and voting twice for a president with 35% approval rating driving you towards insanity? What rock did Damocles dig you out from under - the FreeRepublic board?

Chill on the insults dude, if you want to be takend seriously here. Even Toby and Dixie aren't as mean-spirited as you.

Whatever are you speaking of with "Christian baby killing fanatics"? Yes, Islam is more hateful, since it instructs believers to 'kill'...

You are interpreting the Bible the way you wish it to be.
You seen any news from Uganda lately? There's some really model baby-killing Christians for you. Not to mention girl-raping and thieving. Of course, you'll claim that they're not "really" Christians. Right?

Everyone interprets the bible as they wish it to be. And everyone treats the Koran in the same way. You want the Muslims to be evil and hateful, so you interpret the Koran that way. You want Christians to be the good guys, so you conveniently ignore those parts of the bible that encourage the killing and persecution of non-believers.

Basically, monotheism sucks. It's far too prone to casting the world in terms of absolute Right and absolute Wrong.

You seen any news from Uganda lately? There's some really model baby-killing Christians for you. Not to mention girl-raping and thieving. Of course, you'll claim that they're not "really" Christians. Right?

Everyone interprets the bible as they wish it to be. And everyone treats the Koran in the same way. You want the Muslims to be evil and hateful, so you interpret the Koran that way. You want Christians to be the good guys, so you conveniently ignore those parts of the bible that encourage the killing and persecution of non-believers.

Basically, monotheism sucks. It's far too prone to casting the world in terms of absolute Right and absolute Wrong.

and how quickly we forget ethinic cleansing of bosnian muslims, by serb chrisitans.

There enough insanity in extremists of all religions.

Such anger, and so many insults flung towards fellow poster sir evil...why? Cheerleading us into a failed war, and voting twice for a president with 35% approval rating driving you towards insanity? What rock did Damocles dig you out from under - the FreeRepublic board?

Chill on the insults dude, if you want to be takend seriously here. Even Toby and Dixie aren't as mean-spirited as you.

No anger on my side whatsoever Cyphilis, I was attacked my very first day here by your likeminded so I am just playing along with the mentality of the board.

Now you see, automatically you assume that I voted for bush because I present an opposing view to the one way pinhead minds of this board, it's like a disease that you are all infected with, the very anger you speak of runs through your veins as well as your fellow shitbricks here! Honestly I would be for a democratic administration if I thought they have more grounds to protect the American people but I can see the best that they can do is try to muster up votes, and stir public opinion in a time of war......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and how quickly we forget ethinic cleansing of bosnian muslims, by serb chrisitans.

True, that. Singling out montheism was largely gratuitous. ;)

The sad fact is that religion, in general, does seem to have a way of inflamming people's worst passions. The best passions too, of course, or else we'd have burned all of the Believers long ago.

People become very angry and defensive when their world view is challenged. This is an old, even gospel -- pardon the blasphemy -- observation of anthropology. All people, everywhere. Doesn't matter what their religious creed is. Hell, even Buddhists can get violent when they feel their religion is under threat: look at Sri Lanka.

And how even more quickly a subject can be taken of course! why not let them square out their opinions on the subject before you make a feeble attempt to change it?

Do me a favor, I'm not into flamming/or just trying to 'win', can you give me a couple links to what you are referring to regarding Uganda?

As for the Bible, I'm Catholic and all for interpretation, but you are coming at the premise all wrong, imo.

Christians, like the Germans in WWII, or many other Europeans 'giving up the Jews' are not always the good guys. I'm not delusional. So are you a polytheist? More like an atheist? Neither of which bothers me btw.

Do me a favor, I'm not into flamming/or just trying to 'win', can you give me a couple links to what you are referring to regarding Uganda?

As for the Bible, I'm Catholic and all for interpretation, but you are coming at the premise all wrong, imo.

Christians, like the Germans in WWII, or many other Europeans 'giving up the Jews' are not always the good guys. I'm not delusional. So are you a polytheist? More like an atheist? Neither of which bothers me btw.
You've never heard of the Lord's Resistance Army? Typical. Christians are exceedingly good at denial where the weaknesses of their doctrine are concerned.

So are many Muslims, of course. It does go both ways.

The Lord's Resistance Army is fighting -- if we may so dignify the term -- against the Ugandan government. They've been around for about 20 years or so. They want to establish a theocratic, allegedly Christian millenialist government. They are . . . well, "barbarians" is far too kind a word. They commit atrocities that even the most hardened Visigoths and Vikings might well blench at. "Beastial" is the wrong word too. Most non-human animals only kill for food.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3462901.stm
http://www.developments.org.uk/data/01/worldv1.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

Yes, this is the most extreme extant example of Christian brutality -- I hope. The point is, simply, that any religion can be perverted into an excuse for aggression. Any religion, including Christianity. Hell, Christians have been far more aggressive and brutal and expansionist than Muslims over the past thousand years. The current situation is an aberation.

As for my own religion, I prefer to keep it private. I believe that religion should be private: I've no patience at all for either salvation or damnation. No, I'm no longer an atheist, though I was once. Yes, I am a polytheist.

I was raised in what you might call a multi-denominational Christian household. My dad is, basically, a deist. My mother was Anglican Catholic. My stepmother is Roman Catholic.

You've never heard of the Lord's Resistance Army? Typical. Christians are exceedingly good at denial where the weaknesses of their doctrine are concerned.

So are many Muslims, of course. It does go both ways.moral equivalency, I really don't think so.

The Lord's Resistance Army is fighting -- if we may so dignify the term -- against the Ugandan government. They've been around for about 20 years or so. They want to establish a theocratic, allegedly Christian millenialist government. They are . . . well, "barbarians" is far too kind a word. They commit atrocities that even the most hardened Visigoths and Vikings might well blench at. "Beastial" is the wrong word too. Most non-human animals only kill for food.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3462901.stm
http://www.developments.org.uk/data/01/worldv1.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

Yes, this is the most extreme extant example of Christian brutality -- I hope.I am going to go to these sites and will most likely respond later, if I can make heads or tails of the sites. The point is, simply, that any religion can be perverted into an excuse for aggression. Any religion, including Christianity. I believe that is what I was asking you to provide, something to back up this statement, not that your 'word' isn't the be all and end all...Hell, Christians have been far more aggressive and brutal and expansionist than Muslims over the past thousand years. Please, can you provide some links? It would be appreciated. The current situation is an aberation. Which one? NK? Afghanistan? Iraq? Lebanon? Iran?

As for my own religion, I prefer to keep it private. I believe that religion should be private: I've no patience at all for either salvation or damnation. No, I'm no longer an atheist, though I was once. Yes, I am a polytheist.

I was raised in what you might call a multi-denominational Christian household. My dad is, basically, a deist. My mother was Anglican Catholic. My stepmother is Roman Catholic.

Usually I would either fisk or respond. In this case, it seems both are warranted, so it may be a bit convoluted.

Usually I would either fisk or respond. In this case, it seems both are warranted, so it may be a bit convoluted.
Indeed. Are you seriously going to try to contend that Christianity is somehow less conducive to violence and barbarity than Islam? This should be entertaining.

Just think how much our saving of Muslims in bosnia helped Bin Ladin and AQ?

This in itself was a great Blow to his bullshit about us being anti Muslim and then Bush came along and erased all that was gained in our reputation by attacking Iraq after 911.

If he had stopped at Afganistan the Muslim world would have Chased these bastards down themselfs.

But NO Bush needed middle east unrest for his oil adventures

This in itself was a great Blow to his bullshit about us being anti Muslim and then Bush came along and erased all that was gained in our reputation by attacking Iraq after 911.

If he had stopped at Afganistan the Muslim world would have Chased these bastards down themselfs.

How did Bush, Cheney, Halliburton enrich themselves, benefit themselves or US regarding Oil? Pray tell.

Douche, you are gaining ground to become the instant no doubt top shitbrick of the board! If this is not typical spewed rhetoric of any leftwinger I dunno what is! Of course it has to all come back to bush....:rolleyes:

Now check it out shitbrick, ya really think had we only had the Afghan front open things would look different now? You are half assed correct believe it or not, Iraq would of been a much bigger terrorist training ground then it was prior to us invading.

You dumbass non self educating shitbricks don't seem to realize that even if we never bothered with iraq we would have to be elsewhere dealing with darn the same damn thing. You shitbrick wanna cry how bad the Iraq situation is, it's going to slide into civil war there, big friggin deal! then they just kill more of each other, and lessen the load! Iraq is not going to be stabilized as long as iran & syria are sending more extremists in, there is a much broader picture than iraq to be realized so no matter what things were going to go this course anyway you look at it. Had we stayed in afghanistan only shit would be hitting the fan their much worse than it is now.

Do yourself a favor now shitbrick, break away from mommas apron strings and do some actual looking into the situation before you blame it on a single man of the administration that has been in office a few years in comparison to the uprising that has been in the making for the past quarter century!

How did Bush, Cheney, Halliburton enrich themselves, benefit themselves or US regarding Oil? Pray tell.

Is that classic leftist rhetoric of what? Tell me Runyon, how long has it been that you been hearing the invasion for the oil thing?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

they are all shitbricks I tell ya!! bring mainecoone in, at least he has some original input to add....

How do you come to the conclusion that our actions in Europe would ever convince those in ME, Africa, that we anything other than anti-Muslim? They see what they want to see.

Do they see the Israelis that have donated their slaughtered childrens organs to Palistinians? No. Do they take them, yes. Then let the child watch Palestinian programming of the monkies, pigs, and scarry men that are the Israelis.

What do you base his assertion on?

Back