If the Democrats can’t landslide the Republicans this year....

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
If the Democrats can’t landslide the Republicans this year, they ought to just wrap up, close down, and emerge in a different form.

unbelievable Mccain takes lead... Just wait till he adds Romney. Even some of my liberal friends and family say they will vote moderate mccain if he takes moderate Romney.

BTW in MA after Romney's programs.. MA has most helthcare coverage and SAT scores are going up dramatically.

lol stupid democrats falling into the evil vial hands of the Clinton's who will destroy there own party just to seize power in 4 years. . and the stupid dem followers take the seeded bait and begin in-fighting.

Well, let's see: they'll get close to 60 seats in the Senate, and expand their majority in the House by 15-20 seats minimum.

I wouldn't say that's a party that needs to "fold tent."

As for the Presidency, who knew that America still hated black people so much? It's definitely taken me by surprise.

Well, let's see: they'll get close to 60 seats in the Senate, and expand their majority in the House by 15-20 seats minimum.

I wouldn't say that's a party that needs to "fold tent."

As for the Presidency, who knew that America still hated black people so much? It's definitely taken me by surprise.

as for folding tent that was all chap not me. I pretty much always tell both sides the same thing, that neither party is going away anytime soon.

So if Obama doesn't win by a landslide its because of racism?

Everyone agrees he should be ahead by double-digits now. The national conversation regarding this has gotten absurd...oh, what could it be? It must be his inexperience, or William Ayers! What, oh what could it possibly be?

Everyone agrees he should be ahead by double-digits now. The national conversation regarding this has gotten absurd...oh, what could it be? It must be his inexperience, or William Ayers! What, oh what could it possibly be?

To lump everyone who doesn't think he is the best choice as racist is rather absurd too.

I do not consider myself racist in the least. I have some real issues with Obama's economic views.

I think BAC has some serious issues with Obama as well. Is he racist?

Or are we simply two tiny exceptions?

If the Democrats can’t landslide the Republicans this year, they ought to just wrap up, close down, and emerge in a different form.

unbelievable Mccain takes lead... Just wait till he adds Romney. Even some of my liberal friends and family say they will vote moderate mccain if he takes moderate Romney.

BTW in MA after Romney's programs.. MA has most helthcare coverage and SAT scores are going up dramatically.

If McCain picks Romney it will be a field day....all the things the McCain camp has on tape of Biden and Clinton......tame to what Romney said. Also, it was made clear that Romney "wasn't the right religion" for the Religious Right. Republicans can not win without the Religious Right.

To lump everyone who doesn't think he is the best choice as racist is rather absurd too.

I do not consider myself racist in the least. I have some real issues with Obama's economic views.

Oh, Christ....did I say that EVERYONE who is voting against Obama is racist?

No, I did not; your interpretation is probably what prevents an honest conversation on this topic. I think there are enough racists to make the margin in a year when ANY GENERIC DEMOCRAT would be ahead by at least 7-10% much closer. That doesn't mean EVERYONE. It means enough to make it much closer than it should be.

Hell, in the last few Democratic primaries, up to 25% of voters said race was a factor in their decision, and that was in exit polls - face to face.

Oh, Christ....did I say that EVERYONE who is voting against Obama is racist?

No, I did not; your interpretation is probably what prevents an honest conversation on this topic. I think there are enough racists to make the margin in a year when ANY GENERIC DEMOCRAT would be ahead by at least 7-10% much closer. That doesn't mean EVERYONE. It means enough to make it much closer than it should be.

Hell, in the last few Democratic primaries, up to 25% of voters said race was a factor in their decision, and that was in exit polls - face to face.

My interpretation? Calm down sparky, there is no need to get your panties wadded up. A simple comment of "I don't mean everyone" would have sufficed.

But when you make statements like "As for the Presidency, who knew that America still hated black people so much? It's definitely taken me by surprise.
"
, its not hard to see how I could interpret it the way I did.

My panties ARE wadded up. They're wadded up in a big, friggin' unravelable ball.

Honestly, I can't believe this thing is tied. It's ridiculous. America is either stupid, or racist, or suicidal. And when I say "America," I don't mean all Americans; just enough to make the critical difference, as they did in 2000 & 2004.

My panties ARE wadded up. They're wadded up in a big, friggin' unravelable ball.

Honestly, I can't believe this thing is tied. It's ridiculous. America is either stupid, or racist, or suicidal. And when I say "America," I don't mean all Americans; just enough to make the critical difference, as they did in 2000 & 2004.

It's August.........I don't see the big panic?

Those were my exact thoughts as well. Obama is a different candidate than he was several months ago and that's going to play out VERY well for the republicans...whether it be those moderate dems who will now vote republican if Romney is chosen, or the ultra left wing dems who either won't vote or will vote McCain out of spite. I think race is the least of the issues right now.

Those were my exact thoughts as well. Obama is a different candidate than he was several months ago and that's going to play out VERY well for the republicans...whether it be those moderate dems who will now vote republican if Romney is chosen, or the ultra left wing dems who either won't vote or will vote McCain out of spite. I think race is the least of the issues right now.

LOL I just noticed BAC's thread about it NOT being a race thing now. oops :p

And you certainly seem to be dismissing any other reasons.

I know some (many?) on the left don't like the DLC but Clinton won 2 terms running as one. Al Gore turns away from it and loses and John Kerry was a Northeast liberal. Obama was running as a liberal. That playbook doesn't win nationally. Who cares about race.

The highlighted part has me confused......why would the ultra left vote for McCain????

You people just like accepting the simplest explanation for things. Unfortunately for you, the simplest explanation is not always the most correct one. Look at the timing of his poll drops. The assertion that it's due solely to racism is absurd.

Obama had a 54% favorability rating. Those people did not suddenly become racists.

Back