I'm not sure if it gets any more shameless than this

Onceler

Obama said that either Dem is better than McCain, but that any of the 3 is better than Bush (I agree).

Clinton's response?

“We need a nominee who will take on John McCain, not cheer on John McCain. And I will be that nominee"

Of course, just one month prior, she said this:

“I think you'll be able to imagine many things Senator McCain will be able to say. He’s never been the president, but he will put forth his lifetime of experience. I will put forth my lifetime of experience. Senator Obama will put forth a speech he made in 2002.”

Obama said that either Dem is better than McCain, but that any of the 3 is better than Bush (I agree).

Clinton's response?

“We need a nominee who will take on John McCain, not cheer on John McCain. And I will be that nominee"

Of course, just one month prior, she said this:

“I think you'll be able to imagine many things Senator McCain will be able to say. He’s never been the president, but he will put forth his lifetime of experience. I will put forth my lifetime of experience. Senator Obama will put forth a speech he made in 2002.”

I disagree that McCain would be better than Bush. He'll widen this war.

But Hillary has been saying for months now that McCain and her were the only two real Americans running, and the only two qualified people running, and a bunch of other shit. That's a Republican trait. Accuse others of what you yourself are doing.

The Clintons believe strongly in the power of just saying whatever they want to say and people will believe it, whether what they say is connected to any truth or whether they themselves are guilty of what they claim someone else is doing.

AND, they are right. They have their own cadre of dittoheads that are evry bit as lobotomized as the dittoheads on the right.

Democrats shouldn't get too pompous and look down their noses to fool themselves to believe that all the knuckleheads are on the right.

"I disagree that McCain would be better than Bush. He'll widen this war."

I don't see that. I know he has the "100 years" comment, but I do think that has been distorted from the context he put it in.

I'm not here to sing his praises, but Bush is the most incompetent, unqualified person we've had in office since Harding. His combination of ignorance & arrogance is unique, as is his stubborn refusal to listen or work with anyone who doesn't agree with him. At the very least, McCain is smarter, more experienced & if nothing else, has shown a willingness to work with Democrats & compromise. In those respects alone, he is light years ahead of Bush.

I don't see that. I know he has the "100 years" comment, but I do think that has been distorted from the context he put it in.

I'm not here to sing his praises, but Bush is the most incompetent, unqualified person we've had in office since Harding. His combination of ignorance & arrogance is unique, as is his stubborn refusal to listen or work with anyone who doesn't agree with him. At the very least, McCain is smarter, more experienced & if nothing else, has shown a willingness to work with Democrats & compromise. In those respects alone, he is light years ahead of Bush.

The difference is that Bush has probably never decided anything in his life. He's just the puppet sitting on the throne, but his reign has been directed and controlled by the puppetmasters. Cheney has more authority than Bush and I believe Cheney sees Bush as an idiot.

McCain on the other hand will not be completely controlled by committee and he will feel more empowered than Bush to take military action. McCain sees Iran as his path to glory.

It's just when you think that things can't get any worse, and dare to think such a thought, that the fates step in as if to laugh at you.

I disagree Onceler, but let's just both hope we never end up finding out which one of us is right.

It's just when you think that things can't get any worse, and dare to think such a thought, that the fates step in as if to laugh at you.

I disagree Onceler, but let's just both hope we never end up finding out which one of us is right.

I'm not exactly excited about the prospect of a President McCain, but I do think he was the best Republican running (out of the "viable" ones). That's not saying much, but I also think there is a very miniscule chance he gets elected.

I'm not exactly excited about the prospect of a President McCain, but I do think he was the best Republican running (out of the "viable" ones). That's not saying much, but I also think there is a very miniscule chance he gets elected.

I thought Romney was the best one running (as you say, not saying much), and McCain was second only to Rudy among viable candidates as the biggest loons. I mean, hands down Rudy was the worst. That reminds me, did you see on the local news stations that Rudy took communion in front of the pope! I didn't see it on the cable news, but I haven't had a chance to really see much of it. But I haven't even seen it on the blogs. It was on FOX's local new york station though. Channel five or something.

Can you believe that??

Wow. I missed that.

It wasn't that long ago that a Rudy/Hillary contest was "inevitable." I mean, that was depressing. I'm so glad his "just wait until FL" strategy failed.

McCain/Obama is a race I can get excited about. It will be as clear a contrast, on almost every level, as we've had in a long time.

I agree with Obama too. But, I caveat that with the fact that a retarded ape is more capable of running the country than Bush.

I thought Romney was the best one running (as you say, not saying much), and McCain was second only to Rudy among viable candidates as the biggest loons. I mean, hands down Rudy was the worst. That reminds me, did you see on the local news stations that Rudy took communion in front of the pope! I didn't see it on the cable news, but I haven't had a chance to really see much of it. But I haven't even seen it on the blogs. It was on FOX's local new york station though. Channel five or something.

Can you believe that??

Communion! With the Pope!! SCANDALOUS!!!!

Communion! With the Pope!! SCANDALOUS!!!!
People have been SCREAMING about Obama's relationship with Rev. Wright. Well one thing I know is that Reverend Wright has NEVER told people in his church in a letter to conceal child molestation until the victims were 28 years old. This man is the Spiritual father for a bit more than a billion people and he actively engaged in concealing child sexual abusers. If I was president of the United States I wouldn't eat a saltine cracker with that bastard. Things said by this pope make Wright's comments pale by comparison.

People have been SCREAMING about Obama's relationship with Rev. Wright. Well one thing I know is that Reverend Wright has NEVER told people in his church in a letter to conceal child molestation until the victims were 28 years old. This man is the Spiritual father for a bit more than a billion people and he actively engaged in concealing child sexual abusers. If I was president of the United States I wouldn't eat a saltine cracker with that bastard. Things said by this pope make Wright's comments pale by comparison.
Good thing that Giuliani isn't running for President.

I am souring on even obama..

this crap with him saying no tax increases for the middle class but then talking about raising cap gains tax makes me very nervous.

which one is it obama? Dont say no tax increases unless u mean it.

I know his first marriage was annulled, was his second?

Nope. His first one to his cousin was annulled on the grounds of temporary incestanity or something. But not the one to Donna Hanover. Do you really think he could have gotten away with attempting to make his two children into bastards? I remember when Al D’amato tried that, and when the reporters went to his wife’s home, to ask how she felt about it, she screamed out the window “ask his bastard children”. Don’t think Rudy doesn’t remember that too. I mean, that was some funny shit around these parts.

Now I think technically the church does not call the children illegitimate, but they do say the marriage never existed so you do the math, and all Rudy needed was Hanover screaming that out to the new York press corp.
That marriage stands, and in the eyes of his church, Rudy is still married to Donna, and his relationship with Judy Nathan is fornication.

Nope. His first one to his cousin was annulled on the grounds of temporary incestanity or something. But not the one to Donna Hanover. Do you really think he could have gotten away with attempting to make his two children into bastards? I remember when Al D’amato tried that, and when the reporters went to his wife’s home, to ask how she felt about it, she screamed out the window “ask his bastard children”. Don’t think Rudy doesn’t remember that too. I mean, that was some funny shit around these parts.

Now I think technically the church does not call the children illegitimate, but they do say the marriage never existed so you do the math, and all Rudy needed was Hanover screaming that out to the new York press corp.
That marriage stands, and in the eyes of his church, Rudy is still married to Donna, and his relationship with Judy Nathan is fornication.
M'eh. Abraham did it. If it's good enough for the father of the "Chosen People" then it's good enough for Giuliani...

Are you kidding? I didn't care about Wright, so why would I care about the Pope? WTF is up with guilt by association these days?

Back