Imagine if Senator Clinton had had this in her past when she was 1st lady!

Jarod

Contributor
In 1989, Cindy McCain became addicted to opioid painkillers such as Percocet and Vicodin,[29] which she initially took to alleviate pain following two spinal surgeries for ruptured discs[30][31] and to ease emotional stress during the Keating Five scandal,[29] which involved her as a bookkeeper who had difficulty finding receipts.[16] The addiction progressed to where she resorted to stealing drugs from her own AVMT.[30] During 1992, Tom Gosinski, the director of government and international affairs for AVMT, discovered her drug theft.[32] Subsequently in 1992, her parents staged an intervention to force her to get help;[16] she told her husband about her problem, attended a drug treatment facility, began outpatient sessions, and ended her three years of active addiction.[29]

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Hensley_McCain[/ame]

In January 1993, McCain terminated Gosinski's employment on grounds of budgetary reasons.[32] In spring 1993, Gosinski tipped off the Drug Enforcement Administration to investigate McCain's drug theft,[32] and a federal investigation ensued. McCain's defense team, led by Washington lawyer John Dowd,[32] secured an agreement with the U.S. Attorney's office that limited her punishment to financial restitution and enrollment in a diversion program, [7][32] without any public disclosure.

Meanwhile, in early 1994 Gosinski filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against McCain, which he told her he would settle for $250,000.[32] In April 1994, Dowd requested that Maricopa County officials investigate Gosinski for extortion.[32] The Phoenix New Times was about to publish a negatively-cast article about the whole affair.[32][29] Cindy McCain pre-empted this[29] by publicly revealing her past addiction, stating she hoped it would give fellow drug addicts courage in their struggles: "Although my conduct did not result in compromising any missions of AVMT, my actions were wrong, and I regret them."[7] A flurry of press attention followed, including charges by Gosinski that she had asked him to lie concerning her drug use when the McCains were applying to adopt their baby from Bangladesh[29] and statements by past AVMT employees that Gosinski had once threatened to blackmail her. The Arizona Republic published an editorial cartoon ridiculing the motivations for her AVMT work[33] and an award dinner in her honor was canceled citing poor ticket sales.[7] In the end, both Gosinski's lawsuit and the extortion investigation against him were dropped.[29]

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Hensley_McCain[/ame]

Who the fuck cares you shameless, spineless hacks.

Get a life.

Obama did coke and smoked pot. Do you really want this to be an issue?

This kind of bullshit is a distraction from genuine issues, and the people who continue to chirp about them are anti-American to the highest degree.

Who the fuck cares you shameless, spineless hacks.

Get a life.

Obama did coke and smoked pot. Do you really want this to be an issue?

This kind of bullshit is a distraction from genuine issues, and the people who continue to chirp about them are anti-American to the highest degree.
Epi, I too have used drugs in the past. That is not my problem with this story. My problem is how McCain used his political pull in this matter to pressure law enforcement to make this shit go away. You know and so do I that McCain, along with Obama and Clinton, are going to continue this insane war on drugs and push for tougher sentences. I don't care that McCain did not want his wife to go to jail or end up with a criminal record for this, no man would. What bothers the shit outta me is that McCain is going to support laws that subject other mens wives to prison for EXACTLY THE SAME THING. But not all of them can call in favors with people to cover the shit up and press charges against the man that brought the theft to the attention of the DEA.

Different rules for Republicans and Democrats. Per the Republicans anyway.
the republicans are victims and the dems are evil drug abusers.
Strange that.

Epi, I too have used drugs in the past. That is not my problem with this story. My problem is how McCain used his political pull in this matter to pressure law enforcement to make this shit go away. You know and so do I that McCain, along with Obama and Clinton, are going to continue this insane war on drugs and push for tougher sentences. I don't care that McCain did not want his wife to go to jail or end up with a criminal record for this, no man would. What bothers the shit outta me is that McCain is going to support laws that subject other mens wives to prison for EXACTLY THE SAME THING. But not all of them can call in favors with people to cover the shit up and press charges against the man that brought the theft to the attention of the DEA.

Jarod is not trying to bring up the drug issue he's trying to make a partisan point that Republicans are hypocrites because they don't say anything about Mrs. McCain doing this but would have gone crazy had it been Hillary. Hence Epi's excellent response.

Different rules for Republicans and Democrats. Per the Republicans anyway.
the republicans are victims and the dems are evil drug abusers.
Strange that.

Like you wouldn't help out your family. Such holier than thou bullshit.

I am not a US senator CAW.

You are the one slilnging bull excrement in hopes to fend off the truth.

I'm not slinging shit. I'm not defending anyone. I'm not defending what McCain did. I'm laughing at your holier than thou partisan answer like you wouldn't come to a family member's defense.

I'm not slinging shit. I'm not defending anyone. I'm not defending what McCain did. I'm laughing at your holier than thou partisan answer like you wouldn't come to a family member's defense.

depends on the family member and what they did.
You make lots of assumptions CAW.

Assisting them as an individual is a lot different from abusing your official govt powers.

Yep you are slinging it.

Jarod is not trying to bring up the drug issue he's trying to make a partisan point that Republicans are hypocrites because they don't say anything about Mrs. McCain doing this but would have gone crazy had it been Hillary. Hence Epi's excellent response.

Don't even try it my friend.

You've beem exposed .. you're an intelligent man.

How about you not respond to Jarod's post as if you aren't and pretend you find any merit in that bullshit Epi had to say.

Let's start over ... one question .. would Mrs. McCain's issues have been racked over the coals and beaten to death by the media if Hillary Clinton had the same issues?

I don't even have to wait for your response because there is only one response an intelligent person could even give.

Absolutely, hell yes they would have.

That is what Jarod said.

All else is bullshit.

Ding Ding Ding... Plus my ither point was the hypocracy of the Right attacking Senator Clinton relentlessly when she was first lady, over far less.

How about you not respond to Jarod's post as if you aren't and pretend you find any merit in that bullshit Epi had to say.

Let's start over ... one question .. would Mrs. McCain's issues have been racked over the coals and beaten to death by the media if Hillary Clinton had the same issues?

I don't even have to wait for your response because there is only one response an intelligent person could even give.

That is what Jarod said.

All else is bullshit.

Ding Ding Ding... You win.

Hell Mrs. Clinton was attacked for keeping her maden name... And this woman is strung out on drugs and gets her Husband to use his influence to bail her out... But they say NUTHING!

That is what Jarod said.

All else is bullshit.

Where am I wrong? Jarod said as much in the post below yours. He's trying to call out hypocricy exactly as I said.

Last edited:
Back