Immigration reform 1

That would be unwise, short sighted and a fairly stupid thing to do. If we catch a person who is here illegally but has not otherwise broken our laws, they should be returned to their home nation. Punishing them for crossing the border, number 1, does nothing to help solve the problem, and #2, is only an approach that would be enjoyed by racist who like hurting brown people just for the joy of it. It's sadistic and it's stupid. You'd be the first one to howl if Mexicans arrested Americans who crossed into their country with out the proper authorizations.

Why don't you try focusing on solving problems instead of creating new ones.

And how many times should that same person be returned, without any penalty??

End all f...ing restrictions on immigration, exterminate Republicans

How are such statements as that helpful? Opening the borders to all is not the answer any more than closing them to everyone. As to the Republican Party, those who know me, know how Progressive I am, which allows me to say that exterminating the GOP is not only impossible, it is a misguided desire. Where I would encourage everyone to vote Democratic, I would prefer that good Republicans stay in their party and reform it from the inside, just as good Democrats should do in our party.

And how many times should that same person be returned, without any penalty??

One thing that we could do is to start making Mexico pay for everyone of their citizens that we send back. That would mean they would pay for increased ICE agents, medical costs to insure that detainees were not an infectious danger to our general population. It would also cover all our costs to arrest, feed and house them prior to deportation. We could also charge Mexico for any services that they used before they were apprehended.

The reason that this would work is that right now Mexico is using us to get rid of all their unemployed. We are for all sense of purpose, their welfare system. If they had to start paying us back, well, you can bet that they would stop the mass illegal wave. They might ever guard the border for us at no cost. Just a thought, what do you think?

Last edited:
One thing that we could do is to start making Mexico pay for everyone of their citizens that we send back. That would mean they would pay for increased ICE agents, medical costs to insure that detainees were not an infectious danger to our general population. It would also cover all our costs to arrest, feed and house them prior to deportation. We could also charge Mexico for any services that they used before they were apprehended.

The reason that this would work is that right now Mexico is using us to get rid of all their unemployed. We are for all sense of purpose, their welfare system. If they had to start paying us back, well, you can bet that they would stop the mass illegal wave. They might even guard the border for us at no cost. Just a thought, what do you think?

I'm all for it.
Then, when they don't want to pay, we just deduct it from the aide we're giving to Mexico.

I'm all for it.
Then, when they don't want to pay, we just deduct it from the aide we're giving to Mexico.

Or better yet, we actually owe Mexico money (I am not sure just how much off hand) we could just deduct it from that. One of the reasons that even the most Conservative politicians will okay aid to foreign countries is that they tire all such aid to it being spent on American products. So, cutting off the aid might hurt our economy, but we could use NAFTA to sue Mexico just as they have done to us.

Or better yet, we actually owe Mexico money (I am not sure just how much off hand) we could just deduct it from that. One of the reasons that even the most Conservative politicians will okay aid to foreign countries is that they tire all such aid to it being spent on American products. So, cutting off the aid might hurt our economy, but we could use NAFTA to sue Mexico just as they have done to us.

My solution would provide work and make it nearly impossible for anyone to sneak in, at least through the AZ border.

Start at the CA border,end at the NM border, and have it sit 1/4 mile back from our southern border
A wall 20 feet below ground, 40 feet about ground, wide enough on top for two hum-vees to pass, with guard towers every 1/4 mile.
Detectors built into the below ground section, to listen for tunnelers.

Every entry/exit point would be build like a hexagon, with one end being the a gated opening and the other end being another one.

Spotlights, heat sensors, and any other survelliance device(s) we can think of.

Can someone point out the flaws??

OMG, that may be the stupidest idea ever. Do you not understand what would happen to the dollar if we just started arbitrarily ignoring our debt? It's value would dwindle to nothing along with the purchasing power of the American consumer.

OMG, that may be the stupidest idea ever. Do you not understand what would happen to the dollar if we just started arbitrarily ignoring our debt? It's value would dwindle to nothing along with the purchasing power of the American consumer.

Then Mexico should man up and pay the bill.

Then Mexico should man up and pay the bill.

And when they say no? If you want to create fortress America then at least have the decency to be as honest in your ignorant position as nAHZi.

You guys are way over your head. You can't just say "fuck off, we are not going to pay you back," without diminishing the value of the dollar. Even if the rest of the countries holding debt did not raise a peep (and they certainly would) we would diminish the value of our dollar to some extent by decreasing demand for it by Mexico.

I am not even sure AssHat would support this, unless he does not understand how fiat currency works and just bitches about it anyway. Okay, yeah he'd probably support it.

Why are you spinning it that it would be us not paying our debt? If Mexico is costing us billions, maybe trillions then that is their debt and why shouldn't we collect it?

Why are you spinning it that it would be us not paying our debt? If Mexico is costing us billions, maybe trillions then that is their debt and why shouldn't we collect it?

How are you going to collect if they refuse to pay these arbitrary costs you believe are their responsibility? Let's just nuke Mexico. That would be a far better idea than the idiotic notions you guys propose.

And when they say no? If you want to create fortress America then at least have the decency to be as honest in your ignorant position as nAHZi.

You guys are way over your head. You can't just say "fuck off, we are not going to pay you back," without diminishing the value of the dollar. Even if the rest of the countries holding debt did not raise a peep (and they certainly would) we would diminish the value of our dollar to some extent by decreasing demand for it by Mexico.

I am not even sure AssHat would support this, unless he does not understand how fiat currency works and just bitches about it anyway. Okay, yeah he'd probably support it.

Odd that you haven't taken this opportunity to submit your own plan; but instead have just denigrated everyone elses.

Well; maybe not so odd, afterall.

You guys are way over your head. You can't just say "f... off, we are not going to pay you back," without diminishing the value of the dollar. Even if the rest of the countries holding debt did not raise a peep (and they certainly would) we would diminish the value of our dollar to some extent by decreasing demand for it by Mexico.

I am not even sure A..Hat would support this, unless he does not understand how fiat currency works and just b.....s about it anyway. Okay, yeah he'd probably support it.

Maybe you are forgetting who we are, we are the people that took half of their country in less than a month. We are the people who forced the French out of Mexico by the mere threat of an invasion. Say no to us, not going to happen.

How are you going to collect if they refuse to pay these arbitrary costs you believe are their responsibility? Let's just nuke Mexico. That would be a far better idea than the idiotic notions you guys propose.

But; wouldn't it be wrong for Mexico to just say "fuck off, we are not going to pay you back," without diminishing the value of the peso. Even if the rest of the countries holding debt did not raise a peep (and they certainly would) they would diminish the value of their peso to some extent by decreasing demand for it by other countries.

Maybe you are forgetting who we are, we are the people that took half of their country in less than a month. We are the people who forced the French out of Mexico by the mere threat of an invasion. Say no to us, not going to happen.

Having a hard time reading your dark font with my board skin.

Okay, great! Let's just start extorting money from our neighbors. That will be sure to go over well. Like I said, we might as well just nuke them. You guys don't seem to understand. We can't just do whatever we want. We can try, but it's going to end badly.

Odd that you haven't taken this opportunity to submit your own plan; but instead have just denigrated everyone elses.

Well; maybe not so odd, afterall.

Right, I feel sorry for all the suffering of the Mexican people but not to the point that I want our Nation to be just like it. That is why we have to do what ever it takes to protect our people. Well, I have to go check of the the FFZ, the C -n- C and Zoie's Corner. It has been nice talking to you, I hope you keep doing well.
Marty

So why do you think that this still wouldn't be possible, after the wall was in place??

I think your description of the wall would be overkill and a huge waste of money with my changes in step 1. But I do not object to more border enforcement as part of the deal, see step 2. If it's the only part then, no.

Back