Insult-free week

In honor of our founding fathers and our fight for independence, I'd like to propose an "insult-free" week for the board starting this coming Monday.

Naturally, not everyone will participate, but I'd urge my fellow posters here to really try it - take the high road, and win debates with better & more persuasive arguments. Insults are the refuge of the weak.

Our national discourse HAS to improve; I have never seen it so bad. Let's do our part here on JPP to improve the climate.

And yes - I have occasionally used insults on the board, just to save anyone time from searching. I have endeavored to cut down on this all year (it was my new year's resolution), and have been largely successful.

In honor of our founding fathers and our fight for independence, I'd like to propose an "insult-free" week for the board starting this coming Monday.

Naturally, not everyone will participate, but I'd urge my fellow posters here to really try it - take the high road, and win debates with better & more persuasive arguments. Insults are the refuge of the weak.

Our national discourse HAS to improve; I have never seen it so bad. Let's do our part here on JPP to improve the climate.

Starting on July 1st ending on July 8th? I like it. I don't think the liberals on the board will be able to control themselves but it is worth a try!

And yes - I have occasionally used insults on the board, just to save anyone time from searching. I have endeavored to cut down on this all year (it was my new year's resolution), and have been largely successful.

Perhaps, but you still sound like an idiot.

Try "cutting down" on your wrists, little Thingy.

I suggest longitudinal cuts.

You’ve been awesome!

Excellent idea.

I regret that I have but one 'Thanks' to click for this Thread.

You're on an anonymous chat board in/with america/americans, THE most insane unhealthy society on the planet at the moment. Best of luck to you sir. You can probably scratch Legion off now.

"Win debates" on line? What a silly concept. The only victors I've ever seen are those feckless self-declared victors.

after Gabby Giffords was shot in the head I started a civility experiment and asked everyone to join me

I didn't insult anyone for an entire year

I spent that entire year being insulted by every con every time I spoke to them

just like now

it changed nothing

they in fact tried really hard to make me break

I didnt

it me just taught how moralless the right is

decisions_decisions_-_geograph_org_uk_-_191544.jpg

Good idea,I will try!

Back