Is being gay a choice?

Well fuck me to tears.....I haven't fathered one child, but helped raise three...one to my first marriage and two to the second. Take your presumptions and shove 'em up your ass.
I assume that means you married two women who both already had children. In the US your marriages created no obligations or rights concerning the mothers children. You may have voluntarily assumed those obligations but they werent in anyway created or impacted by the marriage. If you adopted any of them, the adoption creates the obligation, not the marriage.

You're right. They can get married if that's what they want...what's the issue? I'll throw you a bone here.....let's suppose the housekeeper is an(GASP!) Illegal Alien!

The marriage would be declared to be fraudulent by immigration and the platonic couple would be excluded from the benefits of marriage. Just as some states annul or dissolve platonic marriages for a failure to consummate the relationship.

No one claimed it did. Try to resist the allure of the strawman. Platonic couples are excluded from marriage by laws that annul, dissolved or declared fraudulent for a failure to consummate the relationship. "gay marriage" makes the exclusion of platonic and closely related couples unconstitutional. The exclusion of these same couples in marriage limited to heterosexual couples IS constitutional because only heterosexual couples have the potential of procreation. Marriage limited to hetero and homosexual couples has no such justifications. These court cases that have declared procreation and the well being of the children that result to now be irrelevant to the governmental interest served by marriage, also have declared tha formation of stable homes to now be the interest served by marriage. But a sexual relation has no rational relationship to this governmental interest. Any two consenting adults can benefit from the advantages of a stable home.

I did not make any strawman arguments, douchebag. I asked you a question and made a response against your poorly elaborated argument.

Same sex marriage does not exclude those marriages. But please cite these laws, outside of immigration, that annul, dissolve or declare sexless marriages fraudulent? Inside of immigration the law says nothing about sex.

???? Marriage to someone with children creates no obligation of care or support for those children. Simply moving a second adult into the home prevents them from being"on their own". Marriage has no impact upon this. Birth of a child creates an obligation upon only two people in the world. The woman who gave birth and the man that caused her to do so. Presumed by the law to be her husband.

For the purposes of applying for state benefits it does.

Besides this you are claiming that MARRIAGE benefits the child. A parents obligation to the child has nothing to do with marriage. The value of marriage to the child is in the expectation of shared resources in a two parent home. These benefits are not dependent or increased by the marriage being between parents.

Your arguments are nothing more than rationalizations.

I assume that means you married two women who both already had children. In the US your marriages created no obligations or rights concerning the mothers children. You may have voluntarily assumed those obligations but they werent in anyway created or impacted by the marriage. If you adopted any of them, the adoption creates the obligation, not the marriage.

Marriage is not the primary source of the obligation for the biological father either. But you are wrong. A child may be eligible for ss benefits from a step parent if the step parent provided the majority of their support.

You are just spouting a bunch of bullshit trying to figure out some way to deny rights homosexuals.

The marriage would be declared to be fraudulent by immigration and the platonic couple would be excluded from the benefits of marriage. Just as some states annul or dissolve platonic marriages for a failure to consummate the relationship.

Wrong again.

The immigration law says nothing about having sex. The marriage is fraudulent if its purpose was to evade the law.

Sexless marriages can only be annulled or dissolved if there was an expectation of sex.

I don't believe the state can require a married couple to have sex or make benefits and rights dependent on having sex. Where are these laws?

Wrong again.

The immigration law says nothing about having sex. The marriage is fraudulent if its purpose was to evade the law.

Sexless marriages can only be annulled or dissolved if there was an expectation of sex.

In a few states. Most states the law will simply presume expectation of a sexual relationship. Presume a fraudulent relationship without it.

Here's how badly republicans are behind the times.
The french are stuck in the 1950's on social equality for woman;
And even they beat us to legalizing gay marriage.

Why would it be declared fraudulent? If the lived together the rest of the old lady's life, INS certainly isn't going to force them to have lesbian sex in front of them to "prove" their love to them.

Why would it be declared fraudulent? If the lived together the rest of the old lady's life, INS certainly isn't going to force them to have lesbian sex in front of them to "prove" their love to them.

What is the U.S. government’s view of a typical marriage? The statutes and regulations don’t go into detail on this, so the following comes from a combination of court cases and attorneys’ experiences. You certainly are not required to match every description on this list -- but the fewer you match, the greater the likelihood that you will face lots of questions and close scrutiny of your application.

The "normal" married couple has a fair amount in common. They share a language and religion. They live together and do things together, like take vacations, celebrate important events, birthdays, and holidays, join clubs or gyms, and have sex and children.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/fiance-marriage-visa-book/chapter1-6.html

Back