Is Christian culture compatabel with Western Culture....

Jarod

Contributor
So I keep hearing this crap about how Liberals should be opposed to Muslims because they are hostile to women's rights and homosexual rights.

Here is my response.... There are groups of Christians who are hostile to women's rights and homosexual rights. I disagree with their positions and their stance.

HOWEVER, I agree that they have every right in America to think like that and to speak about it and to promote their ideology! In fact I would fight for their right to do so! The existence of people with these beliefs is ABSOLUTLY compatible with Western Culture. Its healthy and should be encouraged.

So, in closing I point out that I hold the same standard for Muslims. I may disagree with some of them politically, but stand up for their right to have an opinion different than mine! I wont be voting for people with ideas I disagree with, I will debate them, I will point out the error in their arguments, but I will also protect their rights to make those arguments.

They have nothing, Counselor, except the usual "ISIS is killing gays right now" and "Methodists don't fly planes into buildings" pap.

BTW, you misspelled "compatible".

They cant seem to understand the concept that while Americans can disagree we still support each other and their right to believe what they chose.

They cant seem to understand the concept that while Americans can disagree we still support each other and their right to believe what they chose.

Up to the point of being legal. It is legal (under sharia law) to do what is not legal under western law. Since sharia law is one with civil law in muslim states it's hard to argue that flinging homosexuals off buildings or honor killing females is a problem there. But it's incompatible with the west. As Western culture is, a Christian one, Christianity is by definition compatible.

Up to the point of being legal. It is legal (under sharia law) to do what is not legal under western law. Since sharia law is one with civil law in muslim states it's hard to argue that flinging homosexuals off buildings or honor killing females is a problem there. But it's incompatible with the west. As Western culture is, a Christian one, Christianity is by definition compatible.

Only because Christian acts of faith-based violence are illegal under American law.

You yearn to assault gays, oppress women, and kill blasphemers. Only your fear of the consequences prevents you.

Don't lie.

I notice that you said "it's hard to argue that flinging homosexuals off buildings or honor killing females is a problem".

Yes, that would be murder, it's a crime. I would agree that anyone doing something like that, including killing abortion doctors, should be inprisoned.

Yes, that would be murder, it's a crime. I would agree that anyone doing something like that, including killing abortion doctors, should be inprisoned.

Didn't Robert Dear, the Christian terrorist, idolize a man who murdered an abortion doctor?

So I keep hearing this crap about how Liberals should be opposed to Muslims because they are hostile to women's rights and homosexual rights.

Here is my response.... There are groups of Christians who are hostile to women's rights and homosexual rights. I disagree with their positions and their stance.

HOWEVER, I agree that they have every right in America to think like that and to speak about it and to promote their ideology! In fact I would fight for their right to do so! The existence of people with these beliefs is ABSOLUTLY compatible with Western Culture. Its healthy and should be encouraged.

So, in closing I point out that I hold the same standard for Muslims. I may disagree with some of them politically, but stand up for their right to have an opinion different than mine! I wont be voting for people with ideas I disagree with, I will debate them, I will point out the error in their arguments, but I will also protect their rights to make those arguments.

Would we have western culture without Christianity?

You got nothing?

basically you have stated an argument I have never heard anyone raise and said it wasn't a good argument........what do you want me to say?......that these imaginary people who said Christianity isn't compatible with Western culture are wrong?......

You've gone full retard on this GayRod.

There is nothing in the Christian New Testament that says we should persecute, never mind torture then throw off tall buildings, any person that does not hold to Christian doctrine. Yet in the Koran, that's exactly what is written with respect to Islam.

The argument that destroys yours is black and white, counselor.

Back