Is consciousness an inherent property of the universe

Again, I don't know what that means. You have to explain.

Athiest, Thiest, agnostic, hedonism, nihilist etc etc etc ---aside from any specific outlook DOES ONE HAVE FAITH THAT AN ABSOLUTE STATE OF EXISTENCE EXISTS?

Yes one holds that there are absolute(s)

or

No one holds that there are NO absolute(s)

is the question.

Athiest, Thiest, agnostic, hedonism, nihilist etc etc etc ---aside from any specific outlook DOES ONE HAVE FAITH THAT AN ABSOLUTE STATE OF EXISTENCE EXISTS?

Yes one holds that there are absolute(s)

or

No one holds that there are NO absolute(s)

is the question.

Absolute what?

Absolute what?

For example:

Ying and Yang are absolutes.

Or on a down to earth POV, Life and death are absolutes.

Or on a mundane POV, war and taxes are absolutes.

It's an open question borne of the school of logic that says chaos is the motivating law of nature

Have to explain this. Chaos is the law of nature?

What is chaos in entropy?
Essentially, the basic tenents of chaos theory that relate to entropy is the idea that the system leans towards "disorder", i.e. something that is unpredictable. (It is NOT the second law of thermodynamics.) This implies that the universe is a chaotic system.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What are examples of entropy in real life?
A campfire is an example of entropy. The solid wood burns and becomes ash, smoke and gases, all of which spread energy outwards more easily than the solid fuel. Ice melting, salt or sugar dissolving, making popcorn and boiling water for tea are processes with increasing entropy in your kitchen.

What is chaos in entropy?
Essentially, the basic tenents of chaos theory that relate to entropy is the idea that the system leans towards "disorder", i.e. something that is unpredictable. (It is NOT the second law of thermodynamics.) This implies that the universe is a chaotic system.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What are examples of entropy in real life?
A campfire is an example of entropy. The solid wood burns and becomes ash, smoke and gases, all of which spread energy outwards more easily than the solid fuel. Ice melting, salt or sugar dissolving, making popcorn and boiling water for tea are processes with increasing entropy in your kitchen.

Entropy is not chaos.

No. Just relations defined in terms of the other.

The following question is a Thought exercise:

What if I now said that for the life of me I cannot read what you quote above says? I see letters But I cannot make out the words nor the sentence...

I would be lying. I can read the your post. I absolutely comprehend your quote above.

Which of the statements I've made are absolute?

The following question is a Thought exercise:

What if I now said that for the life of me I cannot read what you quote above says? I see letters But I cannot make out the words nor the sentence...

I would be lying. I can read the your post. I absolutely comprehend your quote above.

Which of the statements I've made are absolute?

You use of "absolute" is undefined. There is no logical difference between, "This is the month of July," and "This is absolutely the month of July."

Entropy is not chaos.

For something to be true it must be verified by three (3) checks.

1. the mentor.
2. The mentor's contemporaries.
3. The text books that the mentor learnt from.

Another maxim for learning a truth is to learn it from the mother of authorities --thus, the maxim read thus:

"How do you know who your real father is? Ask your mother"*

*for those bereft of the mother are experiencing unpalatable karma.

You use of "absolute" is undefined. There is no logical difference between, "This is the month of July," and "This is absolutely the month of July."

Yes it is a simple question ... but real life atheists will argue that NO absolutes exist. It's not a new thing I am making up.

man and woman are absolutes.

24 different genders are not absolute.

There are parties that adhere to these differing stances.

For something to be true it must be verified by three (3) checks.

1. the mentor.
2. The mentor's contemporaries.
3. The text books that the mentor learnt from.

Another maxim for learning a truth is to learn it from the mother of authorities --thus, the maxim read thus:

"How do you know who your real father is? Ask your mother"*

*for those bereft of the mother are experiencing unpalatable karma.

Authoritarianism. Not my concept of learning.

Entropy in physics is quantifiable. It is not chaos.

In World War II, the United States Navy used submarines heavily. ... Submarines in the United States Navy were responsible for sinking 540,192 tons or 30% of the Japanese navy and 4,779,902 tons of shipping, or 54.6% of all Japanese shipping in the Pacific Theater.

or

The Germans made use of this advantage, sending out about 20 U-boats to begin the naval blockade. In January, before the declaration of "unrestricted submarine warfare" as the submarine blockade was called, 43,550 tonnes of shipping had been sunk by U-boats.
+_______
583,742 x 2240lbs/tonne

1,307,582,080 pounds

Imagine mining ore in Wales and refining the klinker out of it and milling it and hauling it and transporting it and sending it to the bottom of the sea

Back