Is It Moral To Allow Someone To Be Killed?

Then you should maybe get help. Finding a local Buddhist temple and speaking to the Bodhisattva can lead you to some more realization and control of such things.

I get very uncontrallably angry at people for short period of times, but I can't really bring myself to hate anyone for anything they did to me for a long period. I'm just on the extreme scale of lacking vindictiveness.

This (By WM)

I can't take this
anymore
It's eating at me
I try to resist, but
I feel I can't
I can't take this
Anymore
Everything I see
Is fading away
From me

Basically, it's like a Staind song, without power chords.

My dad would probably kick me out of the house if he knew I were going to a buddhist temple. I'm not even entirely sure there is a buddhist temple in a 100 mile range.

I feel totally inadequate in the use of the English language every time I read The Waste Land.

Sooooo, me being me.................I avoid it :D

I clearly spoke of the need for incarceration. There is a need for incarceration. There is NO NEED for Capital Punishment.

You continue to avoid facts.
And you continue to avoid the fact that there is no need to continue to put people in danger to incarcerate. It's like you fear new ideas and simply pretend they were never stated. When did you become such a weak debater? It must have taken time, you used to be reasonably good at it, and able to accept new ideas that recognize yours and add to them...

Instead you keep repeating, as if it is an argument.... while ignoring all further ideas as if they didn't exist.

Weak, weak, weak... It's been a sad display of a debater that used to have some prominence.

What "alternative" to incarceration have you suggested, Damocles? Until you do that, you are simply blowing hot air.

By the way, just because you are too stubborn to admit when you are clearly wrong, that doesn't mean that my skills have deteriorated.

What "alternative" to incarceration have you suggested, Damocles? Until you do that, you are simply blowing hot air.

By the way, just because you are too stubborn to admit when you are clearly wrong, that doesn't mean that my skills have deteriorated.
I said there are alternate ways to incarcerate to better ensure the safety of prisoners. Do you think there is nothing we could do to ensure the safety of prisoners? Do you think that prisons should always contain the mixtures of crimes they do, for instance?

Your argument states, "If we do nothing to ensure that innocents will not be killed when we can, then we are murderers." That is fine, I am just extending the conversation. Instead of "It is necessary", which is the same argument those who support the death penalty will make, can you come up with a more moral solution?

I certainly believe that we can, that there are myriad ways we could better protect prisoners.

Damocles, you originally used the idea that people sometimes get killed while incarcerated as a Reductio Ad Absurdum. I never said that we shouldn't seek to make incarceration safer for those in custody, in fact, I said that we SHOULD. You switched from equivocating between the the probability that innocent people will be killed by CP, and innocent people being killed while in custody, to saying "I was just saying that there are better ways to incarcerate than how we do it now.

Basically, when I pointed out the weakness of your attempt to refute my argument, you pretended that you never tried, by making a change to your statement, and pretending "That was what I was saying all along".

How long have you been trying to emulate Karl Rove's tactics?

Damocles, you originally used the idea that people sometimes get killed while incarcerated as a Reductio Ad Absurdum. I never said that we shouldn't seek to make incarceration safer for those in custody, in fact, I said that we SHOULD. You switched from equivocating between the the probability that innocent people will be killed by CP, and innocent people being killed while in custody, to saying "I was just saying that there are better ways to incarcerate than how we do it now.

Basically, when I pointed out the weakness of your attempt to refute my argument, you pretended that you never tried, by making a change to your statement, and pretending "That was what I was saying all along".

How long have you been trying to emulate Karl Rove's tactics?

"Damocles...Basically, when I pointed out the weakness of your attempt to refute my argument, you pretended that you never tried, by making a change to your statement, and pretending "That was what I was saying all along".

And this suprises you....how?

(just teasing, damo)

If the radical muslems will target the liberials to kill--I would suport them. lol

But the radical muslims love our liberials, and liberrials love the radical muslims (we have to be sensiteve to other crappy cultures--you know)--and it won't happen. :)

Back