Is it moral to avoid taxes?

Is it immoral to avoid paying taxes?

• I don't pay taxes because I live in Mom's basement and use food stamps.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only losers follow the illegal tax laws, the 16th Amendment was never Ratified!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
It seemed interesting to me. Christ paid his taxes and told us to "render unto Caesar", does this mean that avoiding paying taxes is immoral?

Is the money that I earn "mine" or "Caesars"? Does that make a difference?

(I'll be adding a poll, but this is also a discussion thread.)

Leftists always argue that the Founding Fathers were simply concerned about representation, which I always find funny. Does anyone here really believe that the State assemblies would have voted to levy the sugar tax, stamp tax, or the Townsend duties? Already, the colonists were notorious for piracy and smuggling (such as Washington's little enterprise in illegal Madeira Wine), which is why the British established Admiralty Courts - because colonial juries didn't consider piracy to be a crime, and would typically nullify indictments unless perhaps they thought the defendent was a douchebag.

Until the rise of leftism in America, it was considered patriotic by all parties to hate and protest taxation of all forms.

I think its moral to use every honest means to keep as much money as you can.

It seemed interesting to me. Christ paid his taxes and told us to "render unto Caesar", does this mean that avoiding paying taxes is immoral?

Your income is not Ceasars.

I'm not as familiar with Caesar's government as our own, but I don't see a lot of legitimate comparisons between the two. Our Constitution forbids the government from doing a lot of what it does, so if I can avoid paying up to the percentage that pays for these illegal acts then I am acting moral.

I'm not as familiar with Caesar's government as our own, but I don't see a lot of legitimate comparisons between the two. Our Constitution forbids the government from doing a lot of what it does, so if I can avoid paying up to the percentage that pays for these illegal acts then I am acting moral.

Sort of a "The end justifies the means" situation?

Is avoiding paying for uncosntitutional things justification for being immoral in your personal behavior?

If you can legally avoid paying taxes, then of course you can. What Christ meant was to follow the law of the land. This does not mean you can not fight for lower taxes or work to create tax shelters that are legally proscribed.

The only time a Christian is allowed to break with the laws of the land are if those laws would cause him to break a law of God's.

If you can legally avoid paying taxes, then of course you can. What Christ meant was to follow the law of the land. This does not mean you can not fight for lower taxes or work to create tax shelters that are legally proscribed.

The only time a Christian is allowed to break with the laws of the land are if those laws would cause him to break a law of God's.

Would christ say to follow the law of the land even if it's communist china, or Iran? I never considered christ such an unconditional suckup to entrenched power.

Would christ say to follow the law of the land even if it's communist china, or Iran? I never considered christ such an unconditional suckup to entrenched power.

LOL...well it's a good thing you reject him then~~~

The emphasis on Christ's teaching Ahz, is that we are pilgrims in this land (wherever we live) and that we are required to follow those laws. There is, as I said before, nothing stopping a believer from fighting for change.

In many communist states is was illegal to have a bible or worship God. This would be a law that a Christian would not have to follow. As to paying taxes I am afraid that we don't get off the hook because of our faith.

LOL...well it's a good thing you reject him then~~~

The emphasis on Christ's teaching Ahz, is that we are pilgrims in this land (wherever we live) and that we are required to follow those laws. There is, as I said before, nothing stopping a believer from fighting for change.

In many communist states is was illegal to have a bible or worship God. This would be a law that a Christian would not have to follow. As to paying taxes I am afraid that we don't get off the hook because of our faith.

This is your fascist brainwashed interpreation of jesus teachings, noahide.

Do jews need to believe in christ for salvation, according to your understanding of christianity?

Back