Is it ok to use Obama's middle name?

It is okay to use the middle name.

It is not okay to use it to promote fear and hatrid out of ignorance.

It depends on how you use it!

It is okay to use the middle name.

It is not okay to use it to promote fear and hatrid out of ignorance.

It depends on how you use it!

The ignorance already exists. Why not take political advantage of it? Should ignorance be off limits to politicians? Jeez they'd be pretty bloody quiet wouldn't they?

You're being dishonest on this. This is only half the story.

It is also the HOPE of association that causes people like Bill Cunningham & Limbaugh & the rest to use his middle name, mainly with the uneducated. And you know that.
Ah, yes. There is a hope as well. I should put that forward as well. Some will use the name hoping there will be an association, others will attempt to mock them for fear there will be an association.

Many on this site have used "Sidney" and Mitt's first name previous to that.

US Presidents and Serial killers will often have their full names listed. And I don't know why those two groups do, but they just do.

Probably so they don't get confused with others by the same first and last name!

of course.

A right wing pundit repeatedly using the middle name "Hussein", when in ordinary speech people almost never mention a middle name, is not an attempt at a smear or association with Islam. No. No way man. That's impossible. It's just fear, man, because you liberals KNOW it's true!

Damo's just plain stupid today.

Maybe...but unless he thinks Barack Hussein Obama is suddenly going to be outed as a serial killer he has just conceded that he's going to be elected President.

"US Presidents and Serial killers will often have their full names listed."

Well done there, Damo.

However, considering the success of previous predictions...we should consider this topic again in November.

Maybe...but unless he thinks Barack Hussein Obama is suddenly going to be outed as a serial killer he has just conceded that he's going to be elected President.

Well done there, Damo.

However, considering the success of previous predictions...we should consider this topic again in November.

LMAO

Well done there, Damo.

Pretty much. I just think that the people who make the largest deal about using the name are those who believe that just the name association alone will kill Obama's shot. If that were true, he'd be doomed already.

Pretty much. I just think that the people who make the largest deal about using the name are those who believe that just the name association alone will kill Obama's shot. If that were true, he'd be doomed already.

If America really was that small minded, you're right, he'd never have become the front runner.

However, if he were to become the nominee and subsequently lose to the old fella then a large part of the World's media is going to cry "Racist!" as loud as they possibly can. Obama will have been beaten by racism, the system and everything under the sun except McCain. Obama can't really lose.

If America really was that small minded, you're right, he'd never have become the front runner.

However, if he were to become the nominee and subsequently lose to the old fella then a large part of the World's media is going to cry "Racist!" as loud as they possibly can. Obama will have been beaten by racism, the system and everything under the sun except McCain. Obama can't really lose.
You mean Obama can't lose without people accusing the US of racism. The reality is that the race is already closer than people want it to be. Why else do you think that simply saying is name is an "attack"?

Damo has been stupid for awhile now. He is trying to find some bullshit way to support the repubs again.

It is ridiculous to claim that the real issue is those that criticize the use and not those playing to the prejudices.

Damo has been stupid for awhile now. He is trying to find some bullshit way to support the repubs again.

It is ridiculous to claim that the real issue is those that criticize the use and not those playing to the prejudices.
This is ridiculous. I think the guy who says "barack HUSSEIN obama" is clearly doing exactly what others are complaining about. I don't think the guy who simply uses all three names is always doing that though.

Often the outrage about just using the name is way overblown, and if this is all that McCain has to apologize for... some other guy saying Hussein... then the reality is the outrage is really overblown.

Barak needs to attack this head on. he needs to say " My name is Barak Hussein Obama. It was a name I had no choice in and was given to me by my parent. It is part of who I am and part of who I will always be. I am not ashamed of it and my right wing detractors have attempted to use it in a cynical way to draw a line between myself and Saddam. Thos people that are simpleton enough for this to have an impact would never have voted for me in the first place and from here on out it is a non issue EXCEPT for the idiots that think it will sway people." And be done with it. Get someone to clean up what I just said, point out nicely how fucking stupid people like Cunningham are, move on. Only retards think this thing has any legs.

Barak needs to attack this head on. he needs to say " My name is Barak Hussein Obama. It was a name I had no choice in and was given to me by my parent. It is part of who I am and part of who I will always be. I am not ashamed of it and my right wing detractors have attempted to use it in a cynical way to draw a line between myself and Saddam. Thos people that are simpleton enough for this to have an impact would never have voted for me in the first place and from here on out it is a non issue EXCEPT for the idiots that think it will sway people." And be done with it. Get someone to clean up what I just said, point out nicely how fucking stupid people like Cunningham are, move on. Only retards think this thing has any legs.

:rolleyes: what can anyone say...more false outrage comes to mind....let this thread die a honorable death!

John McCain's is Sidney. Hillary's is Diane.

Oh, and I bet you knew that before you googled it too.

Listen, it does nothing to prove your point if you didn't know the names from memory, because it's not common knowledge. Why is Obama's middle name common knowledge? Why would it matteR? Why would anyone care or even mention the name if they didn't want everyone to think Obama was a muslim?

Please try not to dodge me with "All you asked was..."

We are adults here, damo. You knew exactly what I was asking you.

Last edited:

Who brought the entire situation up, Mr. partisan hack? Your side. The racists.

You mean Obama can't lose without people accusing the US of racism. The reality is that the race is already closer than people want it to be. Why else do you think that simply saying is name is an "attack"?

You're being unusually stupid today.

If I said "Barack Hussein Obama", it would not be an attack. His middle name is only said by people who are using it as an attack. Clear, plain, and simple. Don't play the trivialization game.

You're being unusually stupid today.

If I said "Barack Hussein Obama", it would not be an attack. His middle name is only said by people who are using it as an attack. Clear, plain, and simple. Don't play the trivialization game.
His middle name is not only used by those who are attempting to attack him. The loudest detractors would like you to think so, but it is simply untrue.

Everybody who thinks the simple usage of his name is an attack in every single context is being deliberately disingenuous.

Back