Is it ok to use Obama's middle name?

His middle name is not only used by those who are attempting to attack him. The loudest detractors would like you to think so, but it is simply untrue.

Everybody who thinks the simple usage of his name is an attack in every single context is being deliberately disingenuous.

How about "vast majority of time his middle name is used by political opponents & their supporters" - would you accept that characterization?

It's idiotic, and even worse that you seem to be defending it. The purpose is clear to any intelligent person. I've had it with the dumb routine of "hey, it's just his middle name...why can't we say it?"

Yeah-yeah-yeah....!

How about "vast majority of time his middle name is used by political opponents & their supporters" - would you accept that characterization?

It's idiotic, and even worse that you seem to be defending it. The purpose is clear to any intelligent person. I've had it with the dumb routine of "hey, it's just his middle name...why can't we say it?"

and I am sure your tye dyed 'T' shirt is packed for your march on Denver! Maybe if we are lucky you will get your sorry ass kicked!:shock:

Yes, most people who use the name are those who hope that association will help them, and most who wish it wouldn't be used are those who think it will.

However, the whole "outrage" thing over using his name is total garbage. It's his name, if it is a weakness, then it is a weakness.

I'm not "defending" it, I think it is unimportant. And I think that the longer we talk about such inane topics the less people focus on something important.

It is simply idiotic to call the usage of his name an "attack".

I wouldn't say its an "attack", so much as I would say the WAY it is used would qualify as dirty politics.

It's geared toward an uneducated audience, and it has been effective. There are many who think Obama is a closet Muslim, or related to Saddam, or whatever. And that's what the intent is; if you don't want to call that dirty or deceptive or despicable, I can't do much for you, but all of those characterizations apply. And I don't know how anyone can sit there and listen to "hey, it's just his middle name" (nudge, nudge, wink wink), and not feel insulted by the contempt that shows for the average person's intelligence.

I wouldn't say its an "attack", so much as I would say the WAY it is used would qualify as dirty politics.

It's geared toward an uneducated audience, and it has been effective. There are many who think Obama is a closet Muslim, or related to Saddam, or whatever. And that's what the intent is; if you don't want to call that dirty or deceptive or despicable, I can't do much for you, but all of those characterizations apply. And I don't know how anyone can sit there and listen to "hey, it's just his middle name" (nudge, nudge, wink wink), and not feel insulted by the contempt that shows for the average person's intelligence.
that is EXACTLY it. The use is geared toward the least intelligent on the right. Which is why I said he needs to confront it head on and acknowledge that it is his middle name just as not all people with the nickname bubba are dumb ass inbred rednecks. (Just the ones that get off on saying Barak Hussein Obama)

So, it seems as if you are not one of the people I was talking about then.

that is EXACTLY it. The use is geared toward the least intelligent on the right. Which is why I said he needs to confront it head on and acknowledge that it is his middle name just as not all people with the nickname bubba are dumb ass inbred rednecks. (Just the ones that get off on saying Barak Hussein Obama)
Which is basically what I am saying. His name is.

His name seems to cause some consternation.

If he wants it to end, pretending outrage when people use his name is not the way to do it. In fact it draws the attention of those who might think he is "muslim" because of it. It HELPS create a "wave of mystery" for those who might look for one...

"Why is he so upset you used his name?" They'll think. "It isn't because it doesn't matter!"

Oh well.

If you think it is a good plan to pretend "outrage" and that, as some have said, it is an "attack" when it is used....

Well, I think that is the dumbest plan ever.

Is it ok to call him Barack Hussein Obama?

Is it ok to call him B.Hussein Obama like Lord Keller does?

It's just his name. If he doesn't like it then he should change it.

You mean like John Ellis Bush did ?

Or like McCain seems to forget his middle name is Sidney ?

Is even John Wayne's name his origional name ?

Back