Is it safe to say that the Democrats shot themselves in the foot?

McCain picking a female running mate would be a plus for him and the future of the republican party. If the republicans could bring themselves to vote for a female for pres in a few years...

That was her strategy- piss off blacks so they would vote for Obama in SC, hoping that the Super Tuesday (majority white) states would backlash against the blacks. Of course its all predicated on the assumption that many Democrats are racist, and tend to look backwards instead of forwards, so it just might work.

I agree with you that this creates a problem for her in the General. Uless she can convince Obama to be Veep, blacks will stay home, or may even (gasp) vote Republican. I can't see a black man playing second fiddle to a woman though. Even if he did, black men would dissaprove.

I can already see Obama on stage at the Democratic convention telling all the brothers and sisters to vote for Billery.

Hillary would crush mcain, she got way more votes than him in Florida without even campaigning the state. The warmongers can't win

Hillary would crush mcain, she got way more votes than him in Florida without even campaigning the state. The warmongers can't win

Top, I don't agree with you often, but my gut feeling is that the panic about Hillary losing to mccain is overblown. I wouldn't agree with your characterization of "crush" though.

Damn, it was only like 12 months ago that national polls mostly showed Rudy G. beating Hillary in a general election. Rudy just performed one of the worst crash and burns in politics I've ever seen. Polls don't mean shit, as of now.

McCain hasn't faced any intense scrutiny on the national stage yet. I'm not quite sure his warmongering, his complete ineptitude and utter disregard on the economy, and his age aren't going to be huge negatives in the end, IF they are exploited.

McCain/Hillary might come down to a base versus base vote. And the only thing I fear, is all the hillary-hate among progressives keeping them home.

Top, I don't agree with you often, but my gut feeling is that the panic about Hillary losing to mccain is overblown. I wouldn't agree with your characterization of "crush" though.

Wanna bet?

You say a general with McCain vs. Hillary would go Democrat. I think it would go to McCain.

How much faith do you have in your party's frontrunner?

McCain picking a female running mate would be a plus for him and the future of the republican party. If the republicans could bring themselves to vote for a female for pres in a few years...
It would be pandering and disingenuous.

Wanna bet?

You say a general with McCain vs. Hillary would go Democrat. I think it would go to McCain.

How much faith do you have in your party's frontrunner?

"You say a general with McCain vs. Hillary would go Democrat."

I said nothing of the sort.

So what does that mean then?

Your gut feeling is that Hillary won't lose to McCain, but won't win either?

It means I think the panic that hillary is a dead duck about mccain is overblown.

I made no prediction of certainty, who would win. That would have been clear, if you actually read my post.

Damn, it was only like 12 months ago that national polls mostly showed Rudy G. beating Hillary in a general election. Rudy just performed one of the worst crash and burns in politics I've ever seen. Polls don't mean shit, as of now.

McCain hasn't faced any intense scrutiny on the national stage yet. I'm not quite sure his warmongering, his complete ineptitude and utter disregard on the economy, and his age aren't going to be huge negatives in the end, IF they are exploited.

McCain/Hillary might come down to a base versus base vote. And the only thing I fear, is all the hillary-hate among progressives keeping them home.
Epidural, no where in this statement does he say that he thinks for a fact that Hillary will win. You told him to go back and re-read his post well I thought I would repost it so you could read it while you point out the place where he says Hillary will win. ALL he says is that the panic is overblown. I don't think it is so much panic as it is dread. The woman is spinach to the right wing's Popeye.

Epidural, no where in this statement does he say that he thinks for a fact that Hillary will win. You told him to go back and re-read his post well I thought I would repost it so you could read it while you point out the place where he says Hillary will win. ALL he says is that the panic is overblown. I don't think it is so much panic as it is dread. The woman is spinach to the right wing's Popeye.

Epicurios is being a penis. I IA’d him for a few days so I don’t lose my temper and blow up at him. Only because I’m afraid that if I blow up at one more person this week, I might get a reputation as a hothead around here.

Epicurios is being a penis. I IA’d him for a few days so I don’t lose my temper and blow up at him. Only because I’m afraid that if I blow up at one more person this week, I might get a reputation as a hothead around here.
Well that and the fact she just can't ignore me...

too late

Darla ---> :burn:

Back