Is JD Vance an "Iraq War veteran"?

Cypress

Al Gore's tour in Vietnam was as an Army journalist. I don't think he ever boasted and paraded it around as a major part of his biography, and I don't remember Democrats ever promoting an Al Gore "the Vietnam War Veteran" as an important talking point.

Does Lil' JD Vance issuing press releases from an air-conditioned military public relations office quality him as an "Iraq war veteran"?

Al Gore's tour in Vietnam was as an Army journalist. I don't think he ever boasted and paraded it around as a major part of his biography, and I don't remember Democrats ever promoting an Al Gore "the Vietnam War Veteran" as an important talking point.

Does Lil' JD Vance issuing press releases from an air-conditioned military public relations office quality him as an "Iraq war veteran"?
Vance was in a war zone where the enemy wanted to kill anyone that had an American flag on their uniform. Vance served honorable and has always been truthful about his service. Vance did everything America asked him to do.

Vance was in a war zone where the enemy wanted to kill anyone that had an American flag on their uniform. Vance served honorable and has always been truthful about his service. Vance did everything America asked him to do.
Al Gore was in a war zone too.

Lifeguards and firefighters face more risk than JD Vance faced in his air conditioned public relations office.

I never saw the media going out of their way to advertise that Al Gore was a Vietnam War Vet.

Yes,

And you can't change the fact of Walz' stolen Valor by trashing an actual combat vet.

Lifeguards and firefighters face more risk than JD Vance faced in his air conditioned public relations office.

I never saw the media going out of their way to advertise that Al Gore was a Vietnam War Vet.

You Communists NEVER stopped talking about Gore and his Purple Heart that he fake threw away to protest against America.

The DNC Media NEVER stopped yapping about Gore being a Vietnam vet.

If you were serving during the Iraq War or Desert Storm, or whatever, you are a veteran of that war even if you were in a support role. Not everybody gets to be an astronaut either, but those that played a role in making a moon shot possible are part of that mission just like those that support the frontline combatants.

If you were serving during the Iraq War or Desert Storm, or whatever, you are a veteran of that war even if you were in a support role. Not everybody gets to be an astronaut either, but those that played a role in making a moon shot possible are part of that mission just like those that support the frontline combatants.
Sure but with militaries the test is actually being in the combat zone, which means in danger of losing life and/or limb. My wife was actually in the Mosul chow hall when it was attacked, she lost members of her unit, being in a AC cooled building on a FOB was to be in danger.

Reactions: TOP
Being in the theater of operations is one thing.

Promoting the label "Iraq War veteran" as a major and important part of your biography, when you were in no more danger - and perhaps less danger - than Al Gore was on his Vietnam tour, starts to look like showboating.

Promoting the label "Iraq War veteran" as a major and important part of your biography, when you were in no more danger - and perhaps less danger - than Al Gore was on his Vietnam tour, starts to look like showboating.
You sound petty and unappreciative.

Sure but with militaries the test is actually being in the combat zone, which means in danger of losing life and/or limb. My wife was actually in the Mosul chow hall when it was attacked, she lost members of her unit, being in a AC cooled building on a FOB was to be in danger.
No, the test is you did your job to make it possible to win the war.

During Desert Storm I was in shop 10A at SIMA San Diego (an air conditioned office). I was in the amphib section and had the "book" on 6 of the biggest floating wrecks in the Pacific Fleet (new guy you get the shit nobody else wants). Those ships were preparing to take a Marine Amphibious Brigade to Iraq. My job was to get as much of the maintenance work orders on them done as possible.

If those ships couldn't sail, the Marines weren't going to be where they needed to be when they needed to be there. Are you going to try and tell me that what I was doing didn't count towards winning that war?

You're boy is a Stolen Valor bitch - you trashing an actual combat vet won't change that.

No, the test is you did your job to make it possible to win the war.

During Desert Storm I was in shop 10A at SIMA San Diego (an air conditioned office). I was in the amphib section and had the "book" on 6 of the biggest floating wrecks in the Pacific Fleet (new guy you get the shit nobody else wants). Those ships were preparing to take a Marine Amphibious Brigade to Iraq. My job was to get as much of the maintenance work orders on them done as possible.

If those ships couldn't sail, the Marines weren't going to be where they needed to be when they needed to be there. Are you going to try and tell me that what I was doing didn't count towards winning that war?
By that definition the guy helping to build airplane parts in St Louis is a war vet.

No.

I don't make a big deal out of my wartime service because it's something I had to do. No, I didn't see combat, that wasn't my job. My job was to fix shit and make sure others who often were doing the fighting had the stuff to do their jobs and make sure it worked. Somebody's got to do that too. I did it in peacetime, and I did it in wartime. I'm sure the troops on the frontlines when they returned to base were happy the lights were on, the air conditioning worked, that hot food was available and that somebody like me was making sure the electricity for all of that was available and reliable.

Why arebyou so scared?

JD Vance as deployed to Iraq for about six months in 2005 as a military journalist, although he didn't experience combat.

“I was lucky to escape any real fighting,” he said in his 2016 memoir.

He left the Marine Corps in 2007 as a corporal to attend Ohio State University.

Writing press releases from the Marines public affairs office does very little to help win a war.

Rosie the riveter did more to help win a war.

That's why Al Gore had the humility to not promote and sell an image as a Vietnam War veteran as an important cornerstone of his biography.

Back