Is the American experiment over?

No matter who runs, or what happens in 2024 - the side that loses WILL NOT ACCEPT THE RESULTS.

I don't know what this means on a practical level. Civil war? A trial separation? Economic collapse? All of the above?

We just won't continue as we were. People used to get depressed when their side lost. Now, they simply will not accept it. And the ramifications of that will likely not be positive, in any way.

It could be it for the republic, as we know it.

I have long accepted the fact the the American Republic in its present configuration
is no longer acceptably functional.

The polarity between us is extreme--understated, actually--
but nothing is being done to execute the partition of the nation
required to mitigate the situation.

You read crap. That is why you claim Biden's corruption is axiomatic. It is not. You are positive about right-wing claims and innuendo. Biden's honesty has never been questioned. Trump's has always been .

Biden's honesty has often been questioned for good reason... but Weathergate will hopefully be the last time we have to worry about his lies affecting our country.. I have no doubt about his guilt.. and we see more evidence of that everyday... Hunter's going to let everyone in on the details very soon here...

Biden's honesty has often been questioned for good reason... but Weathergate will hopefully be the last time we have to worry about his lies affecting our country.. I have no doubt about his guilt.. and we see more evidence of that everyday... Hunter's going to let everyone in on the details very soon here...

How can morality even be regarded as a consideration in misogynist Ohio, TOP?

They have a mid-summer referendum to require a 60% vote to change the state constitution

so that women's rights won't be codified with a constitutional amendment.

If my state did this, I would be devastated with humiliation.
You're not?

Your slanted right-wing lack of doubt is meaningless.

What do you mean face justice?

Are you condemning him before he is even convicted of anything?

Do you know for a fact he is guilty?

Should we just wave off the trials and sentence him already?

It's people who think like you who are the real threat to democracy.

Trump did crimes on the phone and in public. Trump will have great difficulty escaping a guilty verdict. Could he get away? It is possible. Trump will get all the justice possible.

Trump did crimes on the phone and in public. Trump will have great difficulty escaping a guilty verdict. Could he get away? It is possible. Trump will get all the justice possible.

What crimes?

Please, spell them out for me and cite which law they broke.

How can morality even be regarded as a consideration in misogynist Ohio, TOP?

They have a mid-summer referendum to require a 60% vote to change the state constitution

so that women's rights won't be codified with a constitutional amendment.

If my state did this, I would be devastated with humiliation.
You're not?
Is that a town in Ohio? We have some with very strange names...;)
I'll be voting on Tuesday...i bet that you can guess how I'll vote... I'm embarrassed that our community is destroying each others signs....Kids these days...

Is that a town in Ohio? We have some with very strange names...;)
I'll be voting on Tuesday...i bet that you can guess how I'll vote... I'm embarrassed that our community is destroying each others signs....Kids these days...

If our social values were represented as circles on a sheet of paper, TOP, would they scarcely intersect or would they not even touch one another at all?

Maybe they would barely touch because we both like puppies.
Only you between us, obviously, cares even a tiny bit about human fetuses.
That's simple reality. I regard the unwanted ones as I would tumors.
I see that as the only moral perspective when considering YOUR gender's rights.

Ideological diversity in humans makes every other kind see quite pale in comparison, don't you think?

I won't lie.
I find it borderline fantasy that Democrats and Republicans are viewed as the same genetic species.
Our thought processes do not seem remotely related to me.

Codified misogyny in your state does not embarrass you in the least.
Your vote will confirm that.
The fact that it exists in my NATION [clearly not in my commonwealth] humiliates me enough to believe
that it's time to partition the republic.

If I believed in sin, I'd regard the anti-choice position as a mortal one...a sacrilege.
As it is, it would seem at the very least to be an abomination.
That would be the secular humanist position.
I know and must accept, however, that this isn't remotely how you feel.
Quite the contrary.

Also, there are many, many people like you and many, many people like me.
If the way brains function are one of the definitive factors for determining individual biological species,
how is your group and mine even remotely the same?

Do you think that what we generally consider to be human beings really are all the same species?
If we are, how can we be so completely different?

If our social values were represented as circles on a sheet of paper, TOP, would they scarcely intersect or would they not even touch one another at

Maybe they would barely touch because we both like puppies.
Only you between us, obviously, cares even a tiny bit about human fetuses.
That's simple reality. I regard the unwanted ones as I would tumors.
I see that as the only moral perspective when considering YOUR gender's rights.

Ideological diversity in humans makes every other kind see quite pale in comparison, don't you think?

I won't lie.
I find it borderline fantasy that Democrats and Republicans are viewed as the same genetic species.
Our thought processes do not seem remotely related to me.

Codified misogyny in your state does not embarrass you in the least.
Your vote will confirm that.
The fact that it exists in my NATION [clearly not in my commonwealth] humiliates me enough to believe
that it's time to partition the republic.

If I believed in sin, I'd regard the anti-choice position as a mortal one...a sacrilege.
As it is, it would seem at the very least to be an abomination.
That would be the secular humanist position.
I know and must accept, however, that this isn't remotely how you feel.
Quite the contrary.

Also, there are many, many people like you and many, many people like me.
If the way brains function are one of the definitive factors for determining individual biological species,
how is your group and mine even remotely the same?

Do you think that what we generally consider to be human beings really are all the same species?
If we are, how can we be so completely different?
I think it's just puppies...and that's ok...;) When we were born, for a moment, we're all exactly the same...and then...well, the differences begin...
It's not so difficult to understand....We're a product of our families and our environment...You seem to be content with yours, and I know I'm content with mine... I doubt it you had the opportunity to do it over, you'd want things to be different...I know I wouldn't have it any other way...Someone has to love kids enough to want to teach them...right? As for Issue One, I don't see "codified misogyny"...but I'm sure you'd find many here in town who agree with you...
Getting out to vote is taking on a whole new meaning...the neighborhood facebook is full of nothing else...including a new report every morning with how many signs are defaced or stolen...Hundreds are waiting hours in line to early vote in this heat...I'll vote with my ID on Tuesday, and wait about 15 minutes at most...And snack on the goodies the Boosters will have for sale...
Q: "Do you think that what we generally consider to be human beings really are all the same species?
If we are, how can we be so completely different? "
A: Yes and bottom line, we're all not as different as you might think...we're kind of the extremes...lol
I focus on the things that are the same (comes with the job)...you, the opposite (comes with your job, I'll assume)...and that's OK...Let me share this song...mostly because I love it... Jane is from Ohio...may she rest in peace...

BREAKING: FORMER PAKISTANI PRIME MINISTER IMRAN KHAN ARRESTED | IS THIS THE SAME AS TRUMP?

Imran Khan was arrested after being handed a 3 year prison sentence for illegally selling state gifts.

The conviction could bar Khan from contesting an upcoming election, potentially ending his political career.

Khan denied any wrongdoing, and in a pre-recorded video address released by his party, he said "By the time you hear this statement, they will have arrested me. I have only one appeal: don't sit silently at home. I am struggling for you and the country and your children's future."

Since being ousted, Khan has survived an assassination attempt, multiple arrests, a media blackout and political witch-hunts accusing him of the most egregious of charges that could be leveled against someone.

ELECTION TIMING AND TRIAL OUTCOME

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has proposed that parliament be dissolved on Aug. 9, FOUR DAYS after the arrest of Khan

Khan had by June been charged in at least SEVENTY CASES, including treason, murder and corruption, since being ousted in a no confidence vote in Pakistan's parliament in April 2022.

The media has been stopped from even mentioning his name.

TRUMP VS KHAN: DEMOCRACY AT THREAT?

I interviewed Khan on my spaces on June 23rd, the same day that Wagner carried out their mutiny. Whether you like the man or not, it’s hard to deny that many, if not most of the charges he is facing are politically motivated.

For those comparing him to what Trump is going through, this is SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE: He is facing very serious charges, faced multiple assassination attempts, and his name CANNOT EVEN BE MENTIONED ON TV.

In the space, Khan spoke about the persecution of his party members, many who were being arrested and even held without charges.

The military establishment in Pakistan has been accused of pulling the strings of power and subverting the course of democracy.

This was admitted by Pakistan’s outgoing military chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa, in November 2022, that decades of “unconstitutional” interference in national politics by his powerful institution had occurred.

I don’t know if Khan is innocent, and I don’t know what will happen next. One thing I DO know: Democracy is at threat globally, including the U.S

-------------------------------------------------

Democracy dies along with the West.

What comes next the Han decide.

I think the most striking thing is the sense of "fun" that Trump supporters seem to have about the end of the republic.

They just love the idea of Trump winning again, and taking a hammer to everything. Which he'll do.

If they think this is some awful tyranny right now - they may be surprised by what happens if the gov't as we know it collapses.

Back