It's been a month. Please vote on your thoughts RE: the "thread ban" feature

Final Verdict on "Thread Ban" Feature

• KEEP IT. It is a great feature and I have zero complaints.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • KEEP IT. There might be a few problems with it, but it's overall a NET POSITIVE.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I am 100% neutral and truly do not lean one way or the other

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • GET RID OF IT. It may have had good intentions, but it's overall a NET NEGATIVE.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • GET RID OF IT. There is nothing good about it.

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
It's been a month. Please vote on your thoughts RE: the "thread ban" feature

Please take this seriously, it's a feature a lot of people like/some dislike, so do not troll this poll. Don't use alts.

Accounts less than 2 months old will not count, as we want people slightly more established with the community.

What are your thoughts on the "thread ban" feature?

Poll is ANON from everyone except mods. So don't be afraid to vote how you really feel.

I agree with The Dude.

I think you should ban trolls from the site, not let trolls ban the searious from troll threads

Also, although there are currently only a couple of troll members the potential exists for more to arrive and effectively split the board. The banned trolls will start their own thread on a specific topic resulting in duplicate threads. It will be a hassle, if not confusing, for newcomers who will be obliged to post their opinions in both threads.

I think you should ban trolls from the site, not let trolls ban the searious from troll threads

I agree with The Dude.

Also, although there are currently only a couple of troll members the potential exists for more to arrive and effectively split the board. The banned trolls will start their own thread on a specific topic resulting in duplicate threads. It will be a hassle, if not confusing, for newcomers who will be obliged to post their opinions in both threads.

I'm with you guys. Get rid of the two trolls and all will be fine.

I've noticed a distinct improvement of post quality in threads due to their absence.

Hope those who dreamed it up are not allowed to vote. It would add a definite bias.

why? just because I had the idea doesn't mean I can't like or dislike it on it's own merits. I am user of this board as well, and it's a feature that effects me as it does anyone else.

I personally will not ban anyone and if I got banned, so what, been there done that. If "you" cannot stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen. All these supposed troll names being thrown around are all Greek to me, to pun intended.

This reminds me of someone here, but I can't put my finger on who...

images

I agree with The Dude.

Traditionally, troll votes don't count. I would assume Gribd is not counting pure troll votes such as Ivan or Legion.

i think it had good intentions, but overall a negative effect. a few people have abused it to merely ban people they don't agree with politically and that doesn't do the board any overall good and many threads have simply become echo chambers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back