Jane Fonda: an American hero

Almost every single one of them were called liars by her and others in that movement.

The vast, vast, vast majority served in Viet Nam without ever shooting a person in the back, or breaking the law, torturing anybody, or otherwise being "bad" as they were portrayed.

It is entirely possible they hate her because of what she said about them rather than transference from the same entity that she conveniently hates.

I wonder if the majority served without ever killing a civilian, by accident even? Or how many of them served who didn't know whether they had, but suspected so?

Who put them there? Who gave them that to live with? The government.

It was all for a lie. You know, like the war we're in now. and these guys will come home and either hate the people who lied to them and put them there, or they'll hate people like me. But they'll hate.

Had you been tortured by a group of people, and some famous hottie ran around saying you never were and that you were a liar and heck, what were you doing in that neighborhood at that time of night anyway (maybe Ann Coulter)? Do you think you might be able to hate them directly without having to transfer hate from some entity that they supposedly 'can't hate'?

I dont belive she ever said that no prisoners were ever tourtured, she said the ones she saw did not appear to have been... Big difference.

I wonder if the majority served without ever killing a civilian, by accident even? Or how many of them served who didn't know whether they had, but suspected so?

Who put them there? Who gave them that to live with? The government.

It was all for a lie. You know, like the war we're in now. and these guys will come home and either hate the people who lied to them and put them there, or they'll hate people like me. But they'll hate.
The ones I know do not hate. Not even Jane Fonda.

Most of the ones at the Legion always are in awe how people were convinced of what they had supposedly done with purpose in Viet Nam that they never saw. They are astounded at how they were portrayed and shocked that people would believe that of them, but they don't "hate" the government or Jane.

There are some who do for sure, but most of them do not. Nor will "all" of the people returning from Iraq.

Almost every single one of them were called liars by her and others in that movement.

The vast, vast, vast majority served in Viet Nam without ever shooting a person in the back, or breaking the law, torturing anybody, burning down a single village or otherwise being "bad" as they were portrayed.

It is entirely possible they hate her because of what she said about them rather than transference from the same entity that she conveniently hates.

She said that every one of them shot people in the back, or broke the law, tourtured someone, burned down a village or was otherwise "bad" as portrayed?

Damo, the vast, vast, supermajority, of vets who hold a seething, sometimes, murderous, hate for this woman, were never even captured, no less tortured.

The vast vast supermajority of vets were never captured or tortured. That doesn't stop them from disliking a woman who proclaimed that it wasn't happening to their brethren.

A vet doesn't have to have been captured or tortured to find her comments extremely offensive.

Most of the ones at the Legion always are in awe how people were convinced of what they had supposedly done with purpose in Viet Nam that they never saw. They are astounded at how they were portrayed and shocked that people would believe that of them, but they don't "hate" the government or Jane.

There are some who do for sure, but most of them do not. Nor will "all" of the people returning from Iraq.

Of course. The ones you know don't hate anybody. Not a surprise.

I dont belive she ever said that no prisoners were ever tourtured, she said the ones she saw did not appear to have been... Big difference.
The larger difference is in how it was portrayed by the media and what people heard. Do you maintain that nobody thought that her statement meant exactly what it was said to have meant?

Of course. The ones you know don't hate anybody. Not a surprise.
Darla, reading comprehension. "Most" does not mean all, and the last line of my previous post is a true statement. There are some who do, but most do not.

Don't blindly paint this group like you want them to appear because you have seen a few with anger. That is just as silly as stereotyping women as weak.

Angry people are seen more often than people who are not angry, because they are more likely to speak out. Don't take an angry minority and paint a whole group of good people with that brush.

Yeah that is a big difference. I always forget to closely watch Damo's words, as he jumps to conclusions, which he then presents as facts, and argues a strawman. It's how he debates.

Darla, reading comprehension. "Most" does not mean all, and the last line is a true statement. There are some who do, but most do not.

Don't blindly paint this group like you want them to appear because you have seen a few with anger. That is just as silly as stereotyping women as weak.

I guess YOU are the one who has comprehension problems.

The larger difference is in how it was portrayed by the media and what people heard. Do you maintain that nobody thought that her statement meant exactly what it was said to have meant?

I am sure plenty took it to mean something different than what she said, but that is not her fault. Plenty on the right took what she said and overstated it to promote a political agenda.

Is how it was portrayed by the media her fault?

The vast vast supermajority of vets were never captured or tortured. That doesn't stop them from disliking a woman who proclaimed that it wasn't happening to their brethren.

A vet doesn't have to have been captured or tortured to find her comments extremely offensive.
Every one of them faced that if captured, yet she dismissed its importance saying that those she saw "didn't appear to be" tortured.

How does one appear that way? Was a woman never raped once her bruises have healed and she "no longer appears" that way?

Wow, a hot Jane Fonda, Vietnam topic. But alas I am a flag waver, son of a Vietnam veteran so I am not qualified to discuss this. Carry on. ;)

I guess YOU are the one who has comprehension problems.

Next line begins with?: "Most of the ones at the Legion"

Yeah. You do have a reading comprehension problem. Selective understanding to maintain your specific world view doesn't change that you only choose to read what you want and refuse to understand what doesn't fit.

I choose not to hang with the haters. Hence I don't "know" them.

Wow, a hot Jane Fonda, Vietnam topic. But alas I am a flag waver, son of a Vietnam veteran so I am not qualified to discuss this. Carry on. ;)

Sense when do you have to be qualified to discuss something on a discussion board that is mostly about opinions?

Yeah that is a big difference. I always forget to closely watch Damo's words, as he jumps to conclusions, which he then presents as facts, and argues a strawman. It's how he debates.
First of all, all of my statements are my opinion, not of fact. And it was a question, not a statement.

Could it be possible they dislike her because she was instrumental in many people hating them before they ever met them? Even if it was only media portrayal, it is what happened.

Some of us do not show up at the "Legion".
I would think those are the ones more likely to feel as Darla describes....
Works for me anyway.

A true American hero stands up for what they belive in, regardless of what it is they belive in!

Does that include voting for George W. Bush?

Hey, Jarod, you still down in the Ft Lauderdale area? I was down there just a couple of weeks ago. Took a cruise out of Port Everglades.

Immie

I am sure plenty took it to mean something different than what she said, but that is not her fault. Plenty on the right took what she said and overstated it to promote a political agenda.

Is how it was portrayed by the media her fault?

Purely antedotal but I can tell you my grandmother, an Obama voter, who lost her son in Vietnam loathes and I mean loathes Jane Fonda for her actions there.

Back