Jeopardy

leaningright

Moderate Republican
Staff member
This Arthur Chu guy drives me crazy when he starts picking at the bottom of the categories. Can't argue with his success though ... 7 days, $180,000

Oh, I don't hate him. I love that he is kicking butt. It still drives me crazy when they work from the bottom up...and don't run the categories.

lots of people go for the big bucks and why not if its a category you are confident of. love how he takes the big swing at dly dbls.

He definitely does that. He's confident enough in himself to make up for any ground he may lose if he misses a DD question. My deal comes from just the smidge of OCD in me.

He definitely does that. He's confident enough in himself to make up for any ground he may lose if he misses a DD question. My deal comes from just the smidge of OCD in me.
dont you nean CDO ? dontcha think the letters SHOULD be in order ? (from a tshirt i saw)

I saw him grab two bottom answers and they both turned out to be Daily Doubles.

daily doubles are in the bottom two categories a much higher frequency of the time.

I have always liked arthur chu but I was a little blown away that so much of a big deal was being made about him after only 3 wins. A lot of casuals were blown away that he was hunting for daily doubles but that is a semi-common strategy. Obv though now chu is beast moding and doing awesome.

I only watched him play on day 6 when he made it to $150k. As such, I didn't realize that busybodies had generated a nontroversy over his style of play.

Apparently Jeopardy is inviting back 90s champions to compete with one another.

can I please how you knew the results at 530? where the eff is it airing so early?

Comes on here at 4:30. Has for years. My mom and dad never missed it while she was alive. My dad never misses it now. My son and I rush home from school to watch it.

I only watched him play on day 6 when he made it to $150k. As such, I didn't realize that busybodies had generated a nontroversy over his style of play.

No controversy....just discussion. A way of talking through my OCD ... er ... ah...CDO, as I've learned is a better way to put it. :). I talk about things that I like. Politics, Sports, Jeopardy, ... anyone here reload? ;)

Comes on here at 4:30. Has for years. My mom and dad never missed it while she was alive. My dad never misses it now. My son and I rush home from school to watch it.

I apologize in advance; because I can't just walk away from a soft pitch. :)

How is that working out, with you both in the same class? :D

LOL...ok. I did lob that one. But it is great to work at school where my boy goes. We get to spend a lot of time together and I'm taking advantage of it now before he gets too cool for his old man. :)

Maybe. I think he is actively looking for the daily doubles. However you slice it, he's good.

Yes, that's why he starts at the bottom. But he also changes categories which gives him an edge. Another trick is to not read off the full category name. The person selecting the category knows what it is and if the opponents are not paying close attention they might lose track of the category.

this guy is just beast mode-ing.

after 3 games it didn't make any sense for him to be getting so much media buzz. he was good, but I watch jeopardy a lot and people going multiple days, winning 20k per day, and hunting for daily doubles is somewhat normal. I am now beginning to think that Jeopardy wrote the media in advance that this guy was going to go on a tear and they really wanted to drum him up. (this filmed back in november)

Last edited:
Back