John 6

No they left because they knew exactly what he was saying but they couldn't accept it. That's the only context in which Jesus' question in v67 makes sense.

In other words, you believe that the communion contains real flesh and blood?

In other words, you believe that the communion contains real flesh and blood?

What I am say is that's what Jesus says and if have faith in Jesus than what else should I believe? There is no reason for Jesus to ask the question in v 67 if he is speaking figuratively.

Are you suggesting Jesus can heal the sick and raise the dead but can't make his flesh and blood present in communion?

What I am say is that's what Jesus says and if have faith in Jesus than what else should I believe? There is no reason for Jesus to ask the question in v 67 if he is speaking figuratively.

Are you suggesting Jesus can heal the sick and raise the dead but can't make his flesh and blood present in communion?

I am not suggesting that. It is a bizarre belief. To believe that you ACTUALLY eat flesh and drink blood. If it was me, I'd know the difference. :laugh:

Self Defense in God's eye.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also."

I don't see many actual religion threads on this board so I thought I'd start one.

A major difference between some Christian denominations is the teaching of Jesus regarding his body and blood. Most protestant denominations believe that in the book of John chapter 6 Jesus is speaking figuratively while Catholics and other orthodox denominations believe Jesus is speaking literally. What do you think?

So you want to discuss transubstantiation vs consubstantiation, good luck with that one

When the Bible talks of Jonah living inside a whale for forty days and nights is it speaking literally or figuratively?

I am not suggesting that. It is a bizarre belief. To believe that you ACTUALLY eat flesh and drink blood. If it was me, I'd know the difference. :laugh:

Right and people who thought it was a bizarre belief then also walked away. Three times Jesus says refers to his flesh, not bread but his flesh verses 53, 54 and 56. So he can heal the sick and raise the dead but can't make his flesh and blood present in the communion?

So you want to discuss transubstantiation vs consubstantiation, good luck with that one

When the Bible talks of Jonah living inside a whale for forty days and nights is it speaking literally or figuratively?

I want to talk about what Jesus says. Jesus did not tell the Jonah story. That story however is a foreshadowing of the death and resurrection of Jesus.

I want to talk about what Jesus says. Jesus did not tell the Jonah story.

You are attempting to rationally explain religion, not possible, think Plato, you either believe it or you don’t, Aquinas was wrong, you can not rationally explain faith, you have it or you don’t, it’s as simple as that

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

You are attempting to rationally explain religion, not possible, think Plato, you either believe it or you don’t, Aquinas was wrong, you can not rationally explain faith, you have it or you don’t, it’s as simple as that

I am not trying to explain religion I am looking at the words Jesus uttered. What anyone believes about what he said is a separate matter all together. It's as simple as that.

I'd love to hear your evidence about a Thomas being wrong.

Don't ever display a picture of someone shooting the finger targeting Democrats and then try to talk to me about religion or Jesus!

Or I'll just reply- FUCK OFF!

Now Fuck OFF retard!

Don't ever display a picture of someone shooting the finger targeting Democrats and then try to talk to me about religion or Jesus!

Or I'll just reply- FUCK OFF!

Now Fuck OFF retard!

Somebody needs a safe space. I bet youre a stuffed tiger type of guy am I right? You're so "ferocious"?

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

I am not trying to explain religion I am looking at the words Jesus uttered. What anyone believes about what he said is a separate matter all together. It's as simple as that.

I'd love to hear your evidence about a Thomas being wrong.

Sure you are, if you recognize Jesus of Nazareth as a religious figure you are explaining religion, some don’t see him as nothing but another historical figure.

Aquinas was wrong attempting to employ reason to explain religion, all of his arguments as that of the Prime Mover are easily discredited by the cynic. Augustine was correct, it can’t be done, nor shouldn’t even be attempted, it is a question of faith, you either have it or you don’t, the difference between Plato and Aristotle

Sure you are, if you recognize Jesus of Nazareth as a religious figure you are explaining religion, some don’t see him as nothing but another historical figure.

Aquinas was wrong attempting to employ reason to explain religion, all of his arguments as that of the Prime Mover are easily discredited by the cynic. Augustine was correct, it can’t be done, nor shouldn’t even be attempted, it is a question of faith, you either have it or you don’t, the difference between Plato and Aristotle

No I'm not but if you think so then ok.

Thanks for your opinion.

I don't see many actual religion threads on this board so I thought I'd start one.

A major difference between some Christian denominations is the teaching of Jesus regarding his body and blood. Most protestant denominations believe that in the book of John chapter 6 Jesus is speaking figuratively while Catholics and other orthodox denominations believe Jesus is speaking literally. What do you think?

Just what we need a sermon from a nutjob.

Just what we need a sermon from a nutjob.

Can you even imagine the FUCKED UP SHIT rolling around in YAK YAK's little pea brain?

Hilariious!

Homer-Simpsons-brain-seen-with-MRI-X-ray-Image-reproduced-on-many-Internet-sites_Q640.jpg

Back