Just an FYI... Rule 14... If all you do is follow someone around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the part where the teacher played a Beethoven music then explained that he turned deaf in his later life.

Rock n roll has always existed since the dawn of mankind. Nothing new.

About Beethoven and the Ninth Symphony? That's a great story.

https://www.classicfm.com/composers/beethoven/guides/deaf-hearing-loss-composing/
When it came to the premiere of his massive Ninth Symphony, Beethoven insisted on conducting. The orchestra hired another conductor, Michael Umlauf to stand alongside the composer. Umlauf told the performers to follow him and ignore Beethoven's directions.

The symphony received rapturous applause which Beethoven could not hear. Legend has it that the young contralto Carolina Unger approached the maestro and turned him around to face the audience, to see the ovation.

About Beethoven and the Ninth Symphony? That's a great story.

https://www.classicfm.com/composers/beethoven/guides/deaf-hearing-loss-composing/
When it came to the premiere of his massive Ninth Symphony, Beethoven insisted on conducting. The orchestra hired another conductor, Michael Umlauf to stand alongside the composer. Umlauf told the performers to follow him and ignore Beethoven's directions.

The symphony received rapturous applause which Beethoven could not hear. Legend has it that the young contralto Carolina Unger approached the maestro and turned him around to face the audience, to see the ovation.

LOL. I like that story. Though I'd image if it was me, I'd be able to feel it. But that's just because I was born deaf.

Yes. And that is exactly how I quit too, after decades. Went to my oldest g-kid's 7th birthday party. On the way home I was thinking about how smart and excellent she is, and threw my pack of cigs out the window. Have never touched one since. And she IS still super smart and excellent, now aged 22.

I guess there has to some trigger, some goal, some reason. For me it was always my kids/g-kids.

It is probably easier now that most people don't. In my family only the dog didn't smoke, because he couldn't hold a fag easily. I started when I was about ten, but moved up to fifty a day when I got stuck in a tax office to be bored to death while I waited to go into the RAF. I gave it up about five times, the longest spell off it, ending when our oldest child was born. Finally, a lot later, I took the option still easily available in ex-mining areas and went over to snuff, which a I cut down five or ten minutes a week for as long as it took. It probably saved me from lung cancer to take my nicotine that way - I got a bladder tumour instead! :) Happy days! The great thing to remember is that the tobacco companies' profits kept up wonderfully. Long liver capitalism, eh?

It is probably easier now that most people don't. In my family only the dog didn't smoke, because he couldn't hold a fag easily. I started when I was about ten, but moved up to fifty a day when I got stuck in a tax office to be bored to death while I waited to go into the RAF. I gave it up about five times, the longest spell off it, ending when our oldest child was born. Finally, a lot later, I took the option still easily available in ex-mining areas and went over to snuff, which a I cut down five or ten minutes a week for as long as it took. It probably saved me from lung cancer to take my nicotine that way - I got a bladder tumour instead! :) Happy days! The great thing to remember is that the tobacco companies' profits kept up wonderfully. Long liver capitalism, eh?

Yep, for sure. Now they market their poison to people in third world countries.

I'm glad you were able to break free!

If all you do is follow 1 or 2 posters around to harass them Rule 14 will apply and you will not have an account for long.

Even if you try to pepper your harassment with an occasional "real" post about politics, if you continue to follow just one or two posters around to harass them we will take some action.

I added the bold, but this is the rule I am talking about.

If you are worried, then I am talking to you.

So I guess you put this one on pause, eh?

If all you do is follow 1 or 2 posters around to harass them Rule 14 will apply and you will not have an account for long.

Even if you try to pepper your harassment with an occasional "real" post about politics, if you continue to follow just one or two posters around to harass them we will take some action.

I added the bold, but this is the rule I am talking about.

If you are worried, then I am talking to you.

So I guess you put this one on pause, eh?

Why do you think it's on pause? Because you have two active threads lying about me but which you've blocked me from responding to defend against your lies? People are still posting to your harassment threads.

What other reason would you create these threads if not to harass me? Why else make a thread about me but block me from responding except to harass and cyberbully me?

BTW, it appears he was talking to you. LOL

Is Dutch Uncle secretly geigh?

He seems to constantly tell me he's not but has a plethora of gay pics and references to homosexuals, he looks like a well groomed george michaels.

Seems to me, he doth protest to much.

It's ok I don't judge, but damn that guy seems obsessed with all things gay.
This Thread is dedicated to members who were caught stealing valor. and in honor of our first charlatan, I dub the list "Dutch's List"

First up on the list is "Dutch Uncle" who has made some extraordinary claims about his military service. Come to find out not all is as it seemed.

In this case, A guy who lets people believe he was a 20 year career active duty military man was a 6 year active duty guy who went naval reserves.

61622141.jpg

#StolenValor

You went ROTC (PLCA) in 75, which is not active duty nor is it even anything other than being a college kid who plays marine on the weekends and in the summer. so that means you were active duty from about 79-85 which is 6 years active and you spent the rest of your "military career" in the naval reserves after the marines booted you as non-essential, Seaman

Q. If I join the NROTC program, would I be considered to be in the military, or would I still be
a civilian?

A. NROTC Midshipmen are given the same status as "inactive reservists." You would have a
"reserve" military ID card, but you would be a civilian during all but the summer training cruise
periods of your curriculum. The summer training is performed in an active duty "reserve" status.

https://nrotc.oregonstate.edu/sites...s/frequently_asked_questions_-_recruiting.pdf

You were not a marine until you were commissioned. STOP FUCKING LYING ABOUT YOUR SERVICE

You were in the marines for 5-6 years after college, then they kicked you out via RIF (Reduction in force) meaning you were at the bottom of the list in competency compared to your peers, you then you went to the navy reserves but let everyone here believe you were a 20 year career active military veteran, you are not..

*****Claiming you were a marine from "75-85" is a lie and stolen valor. , Letting people believe you were active navy and leaving out you went reserves is Stolen Valor. *****

#stopthesteal
#stolenvalor

Sometimes thread drift can be a good thing, eh?

Agreed. It's also common. Someone coming out of left field with an offtopic personal attack isn't "thread drift".

OTOH, that's all some people have; just Name-calling. Rinse. Repeat.

It's not clear to me if it's healthy venting or watching a person self-destruct in a chaotic world.

Agreed. It's also common. Someone coming out of left field with an offtopic personal attack isn't "thread drift".
OTOH, that's all some people have; just Name-calling. Rinse. Repeat.
It's not clear to me if it's healthy venting or watching a person self-destruct in a chaotic world.

I see JPP's Second Biggest Victim(c) bumped yet another one of his sobsnivelwhinemucus threads. :laugh:

I hereby dedicate this song to Captain Underpantz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back