Kamala's message is hope - Trump's isn't

BartenderElite

Verified User
It's very reminiscent of Obama - and the enthusiasm is, as well. This is obviously a movement.

And it's aspirational. Harris talks about America the way I want to hear America talked about - the vast potential, the call to unity, how much we can achieve if we work together. It's an uplifting message. It appeals to the proverbial better angels of our nature.

Trump? His positivity starts & ends with "Make America Great Again." But his words are dark, and negative. They are all in the vein of his "American Carnage" speech - WWIII, economic Depression, losers & idiots.

It's a pretty clear choice. Hope & positivity vs. division & hate.

I'm a centrist. I was a Kasich guy in 2016, and I haven't voted Democrat since 2008. I haven't been this excited about a candidate in my lifetime.

Harris speaks neo-marxist fantasy, Trump speaks the truth.

The truth? You mean the guy that thinks he got more people than MLK? THAT GUY? Woah.

These are very dark times.

Actually they aren't as dark as Donny needs them to be. This whole myth of the swarms of murdering immigrants coming over the border like some scene in World War Z is just bunk. You are being amped up.

Yeah there's some bad shit going on. There ALWAYS is. The one thing that DOES concern me for the future is that we are seeing the rise of the Far Right Nationalists across the globe. Kind of like what we saw in the 1930's. It's worrisome because when people get into their heads that they need to pull inwards and they start to look around for a group to demonize to account for anything they are unhappy about, usually bad things happen. And we have to go through the whole cycle again.

But really, yeah things are expensive now. They were at other times in my life. But it passes. What DOESN'T help is painting the picture blacker than it is just to scare people into voting for you.

It's very reminiscent of Obama - and the enthusiasm is, as well. This is obviously a movement.

I'm definitely getting that vibe now. They seem to be trying to reignite the Obama "Hope" movement. It's definitely needed right now, but I worry that the dark side is going to do everything to extinguish it.

And it's aspirational. Harris talks about America the way I want to hear America talked about - the vast potential, the call to unity, how much we can achieve if we work together. It's an uplifting message. It appeals to the proverbial better angels of our nature.

There's a strong streak of that in America. I can't claim this, but most Americans ARE more positive and "glass half full". It's kind of our "brand". We take adversity and innovate around it and over it and past it. We don't get lost in our self-analysis. Self analysis is CRITICAL, IMHO, but it's not necessarily something America does. We move FORWARD. Not backward.

And so a message that highlights that SHOULD have more traction than one in which the candidate only lists the horrors that await us.

Trump? His positivity starts & ends with "Make America Great Again." But his words are dark, and negative. They are all in the vein of his "American Carnage" speech - WWIII, economic Depression, losers & idiots.

It has been ever thus.

I'm a centrist. I was a Kasich guy in 2016, and I haven't voted Democrat since 2008. I haven't been this excited about a candidate in my lifetime.

While Kamala may not be the absolute top shelf candidate she is still good. And she is a MUCH needed breath of fresh air, more youthful exuberance, and that positivity vibe.

It could be that we are being sold a bill o goods but if I'm being sold a bill of goods as to whether America is worth saving or if it is a horrid hellhole I think I will prefer the version where America is worth saving.

Obama did both "I am a man from Hope"

Ummm, that was Bill Clinton.

and "I feel your pain"....when Trump talks about dark times what the people hear is that he gets it.

Explain to me how a man who has been a millionaire since age 8, who flies around in a private 737 jet (not a small private jet mind you), who proclaims to all who will listen that he is amazingly wealthy, how THAT person "gets" it?

...he is not lying to us like everyone else is.

I have a bridge you may be interested in purchasing.

I think that the cause is lost, that Hell is here.....were are too late.

I also think that we should stand a fight.

Well said, thanks. Do you feel as though there are many more like you, ready to vote for a hopeful future rather than a dark and dangerous one? Can this overcome the haters?

Obama did both "I am a man from Hope" and "I feel your pain"....when Trump talks about dark times what the people hear is that he gets it...he is looking at what we are looking at....he is not lying to us like everyone else is.
Well, you just passed the TRUMTARD test- THE ULTIMATE CONVENIENT IDIOT TEST!

Stop now, and reward yourself with a friendly reach-around in celebration!

Well said, thanks. Do you feel as though there are many more like you, ready to vote for a hopeful future rather than a dark and dangerous one? Can this overcome the haters?

I do. I feel that there is such a fatigue out there - not just at Trump's negative rhetoric, but at all of the division, hate, casual references to civil war....all of it.

People WANT to hope. They want to feel good about their future - and our future. They want to feel like we're all Americans, even though we disagree.

Hope always wins. I feel that strongly. I love the Harris campaign.

Obama did both "I am a man from Hope" and "I feel your pain"....when Trump talks about dark times what the people hear is that he gets it...he is looking at what we are looking at....he is not lying to us like everyone else is.
Get out of your house sometime and tell me if you feel nothing but doom and gloom. I go out and I see people wanting to live and love how they please. Hard workers just trying to carve that slice of the American dream.

The way Trump talks, there's people around every corner waiting to kill you, take your job, invade your country, and turn your kids gay or trans. Being that paranoid is WEIRD.

Reminiscent? It's a straight fuckin' rip-off! :rofl2:

GVJTBQYXsAEyR8N.jpg

Yeah, it's aspirational alright. Get in there and wreck everything and then some, just like Obama did, because it's the exact
same people Harris is aspiring to be a puppet for, just like Biden has been for the past 3 1/2 years and Obama was for 8.
Fuck off with that puppet regime in America bullshit. Really that's what it boils down to, too.

Last edited:
I do. I feel that there is such a fatigue out there - not just at Trump's negative rhetoric, but at all of the division, hate, casual references to civil war....all of it.

People WANT to hope. They want to feel good about their future - and our future. They want to feel like we're all Americans, even though we disagree.

Hope always wins. I feel that strongly. I love the Harris campaign.
I believe that you are right. I feel the same way.

Back