Kids dont need Uzis

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27399337/

An 8-year-old boy died after accidentally shooting himself in the head while firing an Uzi submachine gun under adult supervision at a gun fair.

The boy lost control of the weapon while firing it Sunday at the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo at the Westfield Sportsman's Club, police Lt. Lawrence Vallierpratte said.

The boy, Christopher Bizilj of Ashford, Conn., was with a certified instructor and "was shooting the weapon down range when the force of the weapon made it travel up and back toward his head, where he suffered the injury," a police statement said.

I wouldn't let my kids and I doubt most would, but presumably this has been allowed for awhile and this is the first injury of it's kind I've seen.

One future con out of the gene pool.
This is a bullshit statement. I am NOT a conservative. My 2 year old has his first rifle, a lever action 22, that he has not fired yet but will by the time he is 5. I have been at events where people were allowed to fire automatic weapons and children were allowed as well with an adult helping them hold the weapon. This accident happened because there was NOT adequate supervision by the "certified firearms instructor". But to callously write this off as "a future con out of the gene pool" shows a serious need for come counseling. I would suggest at the very least someone with a Ph.D.

This is a bullshit statement. I am NOT a conservative. My 2 year old has his first rifle, a lever action 22, that he has not fired yet but will by the time he is 5. I have been at events where people were allowed to fire automatic weapons and children were allowed as well with an adult helping them hold the weapon. This accident happened because there was NOT adequate supervision by the "certified firearms instructor". But to callously write this off as "a future con out of the gene pool" shows a serious need for come counseling. I would suggest at the very least someone with a Ph.D.

Umm a PHD ? Well the poor boys father seems to be a DR.

Desh only posted this as a trial balloon to make a case to boost support for the upcoming ban on so called assault weapons when President Obama joins with the 100% certain very large Dem majorities in the house and senate and proposes it.

Lefties had plenty of public capital to push for gun bans in the 90's when it was their priority when they were in power and they milked it, they left that issue off the table for awhile to get back into power and now they can return to the same ol push for more gun bans and control.

Doesn't change the fact that you took some satisfaction in the kid dying. Try and remember that the next time you feel like preaching to Repubs about "compassion".

Satisfaction ? Heck I would not even take any satisfaction in you dying dixie.
Let alone some poor kid whose Father is a DR but devoid of common sense.

There are limits guys.

That is why I posted this.

Guns are fucking dangerous just like cars.

They need good regulations to protect the public.

Just like we will NEVER want to outlaw cars but will not let eight year olds drive them or allow jet fuel powered race cars on the freeway.

Get sensable

There are limits guys.

That is why I posted this.

Guns are fucking dangerous just like cars.

They need good regulations to protect the public.

Just like we will NEVER want to outlaw cars but will not let eight year olds drive them or allow jet fuel powered race cars on the freeway.

Get sensable

There are safety regulations in place. Those adults supervising this kid were not followiing regulations. Any "instructor" at a gun show should understand the basic concept of kickback and understand that kids are not likely to possess the strength to control a weapon like the UZI on their own. They should have had someone holding the gun with the child to prevent this.

Side note: Two kids died in the backseat of their parents car here in CO a couple months ago (they were left in the car in hot temperature).... lets make sure we ban cars along with the UZIs.

Not in most places. Not in KY for sure.

USC you are a fucking moron. Don't question me. Neither of the two statements in your two line post are even remotely close to being correct.

You and Watermark should start a club or something.

http://www.kc3.com/kyccw/ccw_home.htm

II. License Requirements

To be eligible to apply for a license to carry concealed deadly weapons, issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky, a person must:

Be at least 21 years old.

Be a citizen of the United States.

Have been a Kentucky resident for at least the last six months before applying or a member of the armed services stationed in KY for the previous six months.

Pass a state records check regarding criminal, drug abuse and mental history.

Pass a similar federal check including NICS specifically.

Successfully complete an eight hour course of training which includes safe use and care of handguns, the laws regarding the possession and carrying of firearms and the use of force, and range firing with the requirement to hit a full size silhouette target 11 out of 20 rounds

Back