Kids dont need Uzis

Watermark and uscit never let their ignorance get in the way of voicing their opinion.

Noble souls.

citizen should get a pass as he is attempting to set an internet chat board record for posting 100,000 times without saying a single thing of value.

Who else can post two sentence fragments which each contain inaccurate information?

USC is the kind of tool I hate arguing with in real life, because I don't have a computer readily available to demonstrate his ignorance to onlookers.

USC you are a fucking moron. Don't question me. Neither of the two statements in your two line post are even remotely close to being correct.

You and Watermark should start a club or something.

http://www.kc3.com/kyccw/ccw_home.htm

II. License Requirements

To be eligible to apply for a license to carry concealed deadly weapons, issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky, a person must:

Be at least 21 years old.

Be a citizen of the United States.

Have been a Kentucky resident for at least the last six months before applying or a member of the armed services stationed in KY for the previous six months.

Pass a state records check regarding criminal, drug abuse and mental history.

Pass a similar federal check including NICS specifically.

Successfully complete an eight hour course of training which includes safe use and care of handguns, the laws regarding the possession and carrying of firearms and the use of force, and range firing with the requirement to hit a full size silhouette target 11 out of 20 rounds

Umm that is a concealed carry permit you moron. Not just to buy / own a gun.

EPI owned.

So I said possess when I meant carry.

You still don't know your own states CC laws.

Possess is not concealed carry. You are owned dude.

I know my states CC laws, I have a CC permit and assist with CC classes.

In KY you can still posess firearms even if you have been involuntarially congined for mental illness. It takes a seperate order from the courts to take your firearms or prohibit you from obtaining more. I have been lobbying for a change in that law though to prohibit mentally ill from posessing firearms.

Last edited:
There are safety regulations in place. Those adults supervising this kid were not followiing regulations. Any "instructor" at a gun show should understand the basic concept of kickback and understand that kids are not likely to possess the strength to control a weapon like the UZI on their own. They should have had someone holding the gun with the child to prevent this.

Side note: Two kids died in the backseat of their parents car here in CO a couple months ago (they were left in the car in hot temperature).... lets make sure we ban cars along with the UZIs.

you really did not understand what I said did you.

The background check required to buy a firearm from a licenced dealer checks for certain mental illnesses (as reported by mental health professionals).

And that is a federal law.

This kid died because those people running the gun range were negligent. My daughter started shooting when she was 7 or 8. She is an excellent shot now, and is VERY safety concious. When we are at the range, she will comment on other people's violations of basic safety rules.

Stupidity by parents is not an uncommon cause of death for kids. And whether there are guns, drugs, household chemicals or cars involved, the blame lies with the negligent parents.

Satisfaction ? Heck I would not even take any satisfaction in you dying dixie.
Let alone some poor kid whose Father is a DR but devoid of common sense.

You said:
"One future con out of the gene pool."

Are we supposed to believe you were sad when you wrote that? Give us a break. The kid died and your happy because you assume he would have grown up to be a future Conservative and now won't. You let some of your honesty slip and now are trying to cover for it.

My own take on this tragic situation is that the child should not have been allowed to test-fire this weapon in the first place, not even if he was adequately supervised. The age, weight, and related strength of an individual should be taken into account in such a test. In fact, nobody who would not qualify for a licence to own or operate the weapon should have had access to it, supervised or not.

It seems to me that the people at the gun show, and the child's parent, were participating in treating this deadly piece of machinery as a toy and that is reprehensible. Because of the abominably poor judgment of a number people involved in this incident, a child is dead, his potential forever gone, his parents have lost their son and undoubtedly will live with guilt for the rest of their lives, and the person who was supposed to be supervising this travesty ought to be charged with criminal negligence at the very least.

Hopefully, what happened this weekend will prevent something similar from ever taking place again.

you really did not understand what I said did you.

I understood exactly what you said... you pretended that their weren't regulations in place. There were. The instructor should have known that a kid cannot typically handle the kickback. The parents should also have known better. But the fact that the instructor and parents used very poor judgement in monitoring the kid doesn't mean we need some new regulations.

The background check required to buy a firearm from a licenced dealer checks for certain mental illnesses (as reported by mental health professionals).

And that is a federal law.

This kid died because those people running the gun range were negligent. My daughter started shooting when she was 7 or 8. She is an excellent shot now, and is VERY safety concious. When we are at the range, she will comment on other people's violations of basic safety rules.

Stupidity by parents is not an uncommon cause of death for kids. And whether there are guns, drugs, household chemicals or cars involved, the blame lies with the negligent parents.

From a liscenced dealer. Not from individuals or to posess as Epi states.

My own take on this tragic situation is that the child should not have been allowed to test-fire this weapon in the first place, not even if he was adequately supervised. The age, weight, and related strength of an individual should be taken into account in such a test. In fact, nobody who would not qualify for a licence to own or operate the weapon should have had access to it, supervised or not.

It seems to me that the people at the gun show, and the child's parent, were participating in treating this deadly piece of machinery as a toy and that is reprehensible. Because of the abominably poor judgment of a number people involved in this incident, a child is dead, his potential forever gone, his parents have lost their son and undoubtedly will live with guilt for the rest of their lives, and the person who was supposed to be supervising this travesty ought to be charged with criminal negligence at the very least.

Hopefully, what happened this weekend will prevent something similar from ever taking place again.

The best post on this thread. agreed on all counts.

Epic, did I even say anything about whether or not it was legal? Of course it's illegal to have a handgun if you've been proven insane by a court.

Not in KY. You just can't buy another one thry a dealer.

I went thru this with my insane sister in law. I know.
It takes a specific court order.

My particularly favorite tactic is to throw a generally well intentioned poster into a group of wildly disreputable ones.

I.E. Well isn't that just like Battleborne, AssHat, and Thorn.

Me too.

One time I was annoyed at Good Luck so I posted a poll of "who is the most idiotic out of idiotic posters", and I put Good Luck up there with people like Little Acorn and AssHatZombie. Sol came in and said, "I don't think all of them are dumbasses....", clearly referencing Good Luck, so I asked him who wasn't idiotic and listed them all out, sans Good Luck, implying that Good Luck was a given.

Although that might be interpreted more as insane behavior than anything else.

Back