Knife Ban in Mass

I like southerners a lot for the most part. Most are very cordial and polite. Bit to class structured for my tastes. Im not one that would enjoy knowing where I rank in life success by the neighborhood i live in.

I don't know what the problem towards us is.

Yeah well some of us are more enlightened than others.

Like southerners and hillbillies, a few yankees give the rest a bad name.

If the right to "protect yourself" causes a thousand deaths for every one it causes, then the state does have that right. GUn nuts don't have rights. They should all be in prison.

idiot, do you know nothing of history, the constitution, and the origin of rights? The right to self preservation is paramount and irrevocable. If my right to self defense kills 100,000,000 people, I still have that right.

The majority of deaths from Guns are suicides.

Just a side thought on the self preservation angle.
If they didn't off themselves with a gun they would use some other method, many of which could involve collateral damage. Regardless, their use of guns shouldn't affect my right to own one and protect myself.

Violent crime has declined while many "gun control" laws have been eliminated or made less restrictive. Many states have eliminated prohibitory or restrictive carry laws, in favor of Right-to-Carry laws. The federal Brady Act`s waiting period on handgun sales ended in 1998, in favor of the NRA-supported National Instant Check, and some states thereafter eliminated waiting periods, purchase permit requirements, or other laws delaying gun sales. The federal "assault weapon" ban expired in 2004. All states now have hunter protection laws, 46 have range protection laws, 46 prohibit local jurisdictions from imposing gun laws more restrictive than state law, 44 protect the right to arms in their constitutions, and 33 prohibit frivolous lawsuits against the firearm industry.10

Studies by and for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the Library of Congress, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and even researchers who support "gun control," have found no evidence that "gun control" reduces crime.11
http://www.nraila.org/issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=126

Ohh it is not the civil war, it is the attitude of the Yankees vs the attitude of the mid southern types.

If its about us being better than you, its because we are. As a Nor'westerner I don't know if I count as a Yankee (I root against them in baseball), but anyway...

Read "More Guns, Less Crime" by John Lott. Protection is used far more often that criminal deaths and USUALLY with a shot never being fired or reported. Simply pointing a gun in self defence and stating that you have it or warning a potential thief, rapist, etc...
This! See there are even somethings that me and this guy can agree on. Even if he is Faux Outrage Boy.:pke:

Ban guns = save lives
tens of thousands of lives per year are saved because of guns. People use them to ward off criminals, apprehend criminals and in some cases like the other night shoot them when they try to rape you. In your world that woman would have been raped a second time the other night. Is that the world you really want?

If its about us being better than you, its because we are. As a Nor'westerner I don't know if I count as a Yankee (I root against them in baseball), but anyway...

Naah most from the northwest are ok. I lived there for a while and people liked me once they found out I was not a Texan.
For some reason they hated Texans, smart people I suppose.

:p

Of course I'm not Texas-born or bred. We probably won't retire here either.

You are certainly not the average texan that I have known.

Of course, I may have known lots of texans and just not realized it. Its the "Everything is bigger and better in Txas" sort of texans that annoy me.

Of course, I may have known lots of texans and just not realized it. Its the "Everything is bigger and better in Txas" sort of texans that annoy me.

The "Ugly American" on a state scale. There are plenty of them in W. Tx. though there are a lot of very nice people too. The greatest problem with considering staying longterm in this region is that it is going to run out of water.

yeah the arrogance level.

The "Ugly American" on a state scale. There are plenty of them in W. Tx. though there are a lot of very nice people too. The greatest problem with considering staying longterm in this region is that it is going to run out of water.

Its not already out?

Back