Kudos to McCain and the republican party

One thing about McCain - he is very consistent on this. Bill Cunningham trashed him for weeks after he took Cunningham to task for his remarks at a McCain event a few months back.

McCain/Obama could be one of the classiest, most issue-oriented campaigns we'll have in our lifetime (from the candidates themselves, anyway)...

One thing about McCain - he is very consistent on this. Bill Cunningham trashed him for weeks after he took Cunningham to task for his remarks at a McCain event a few months back.

McCain/Obama could be one of the classiest, most issue-oriented campaigns we'll have in our lifetime (from the candidates themselves, anyway)...

It would be refreshing, wouldn't it?

Hey I dont care as long as they display class.

Im sure we could speculate it was all to have McCain look gracious and powerful but hell even if that were true at least it sends a great message to the American people about the tone we want for our elections.

They have pulled the add before it even aired.

Keep it up guys and you will have my respect.

I've seen the ad several times. No need to run it now. Why bother with the expense to pay to run the ad in a local market when they had it on air in a national market for free?

I'd give credit if the ad was pulled before every goddamn cable news station had a copy of it.

Wouldnt that be a wonderful thing to see?

I've seen the ad several times. No need to run it now. Why bother with the expense to pay to run the ad in a local market when they had it on air in a national market for free?

I'd give credit if the ad was pulled before every goddamn cable news station had a copy of it.

So essentially there is not one single thing McCain could have done that you would have found acceptable?

Hey I dont care as long as they display class.

Im sure we could speculate it was all to have McCain look gracious and powerful but hell even if that were true at least it sends a great message to the American people about the tone we want for our elections.

I agree.

The same old republican attacks will not work in this election.

I'd agree with that too.

McCain isn't really all that classy, unless of course being "classy" involves telling jokes about the ugliness of the teenage daughters of his political opponents.

So essentially there is not one single thing McCain could have done that you would have found acceptable?

There are plenty of things he could have done. I mean, if the ads were never going to hit the air why the hell does every news station already have a copy of the thing. Keep it from getting out. It doesn't matter if it hits the air now in North Carolina. It has already hit the air across the entire country. For free.

This is another tried and true tactic. Huckabee pulled the same shit in the primary with a negative ad about Romney.

. . . adding, pulling the ad gives us yet another reason to keep showing the ad over and over again while heaping praise on the RNC and McCain for getting it "pulled."

It's win - win and they're laughing their asses off as we speak I'm sure.

Last edited:
There are plenty of things he could have done. I mean, if the ads were never going to hit the air why the hell does every news station already have a copy of the thing. Keep it from getting out. It doesn't matter if it hits the air now in North Carolina. It has already hit the air across the entire country. For free.

This is another tried and true tactic. Huckabee pulled the same shit in the primary with a negative ad about Romney.

. . . adding, pulling the ad gives us yet another reason to keep showing the ad over and over again while heaping praise on the RNC and McCain for getting it "pulled."

It's win - win and they're laughing their asses off as we speak I'm sure.

Right... so what you are saying is that there is nothing he could have done that would have been right in your opinion. Just out of curiosity... who was it that relased the ads to the media?

Back