Kyle Rittenhouse attempted to join the Marine Corps in January,

I do have a big problem with Trump, but my point wasn't that.
It was whether or not one was doing the most to stop him.

Voting for Biden, whether you like him or not, is what one has to do if stopping Trump is the first priority.
If one does anything else, then stopping Trump was clearly NOT his/her first priority.
Again, run better candidates rather than shitting all over everyone who doesn’t swallow the bullshit you are selling. It’s not the American way to force people to vote for the lesser evil.

Besides, what’s the worse that could happen? You get the partition you always wanted and I get to shoot Nazis for the rest of my life. Win-Win!

Again, run better candidates rather than shitting all over everyone who doesn’t swallow the bullshit you are selling. It’s not the American way to force people to vote for the lesser evil.

Besides, what’s the worse that could happen? You get the partition you always wanted and I get to shoot Nazis for the rest of my life. Win-Win!

I've already gotten to shoot at people.
It seriously sucks, and you're never the same person after it.

I'm not telling you what you should do, Oom, and I think that you know that.
I'm just saying that while you may strongly disapprove of Trump, stopping him is NOT your first priority.

And again, your vote, like mine, isn't going to matter anyway.
The networks can color Texas red and Massachusetts blue right now in April.

I've already gotten to shoot at people.
It seriously sucks, and you're never the same person after it.

I'm not telling you what you should do, Oom, and I think that you know that.
I'm just saying that while you may strongly disapprove of Trump, stopping him is NOT your first priority.

And again, your vote, like mine, isn't going to matter anyway.
The networks can color Texas red and Massachusetts blue right now in April.
If Trump is elected, you’ll be able to shoot overweight, poorly-educated MAGAts instead of women and children in black pajamas.

Disagreed. You’re blaming me for not voting Biden should Trump win.

It matters, but agreed it’s unlikely to change the outcome.

If Trump is elected, you’ll be able to shoot overweight, poorly-educated MAGAts instead of women and children in black pajamas.

Disagreed. You’re blaming me for not voting Biden should Trump win.

It matters, but agreed it’s unlikely to change the outcome.

As much as I might enjoy blaming you, Oom, I'm not sure how I could frame that argument.:thinking:

I get your point and agree, if the person considering voting for the (L) (or other alternative to (D) and (R)) candidate lives in a swing state.

Texas is not one of them, so basically Dutch's vote doesn't count no matter who he casts it for.

We need to get rid of the electoral college. As it is, a handful of states decide who is POTUS.

The rest of the country's votes are meaningless except as a personal gesture.

The swing states vary over time. Texas is moving toward a Purple AKA Swing State. I expect Arizona is too.

Disagree on “vote doesn’t count” per the post below. It gives a truer picture of the level of support. The Republicans would prefer 100% support. Those voting for opposing parties, even if it’s a known loser, skew the voting record.

While I agree a better system should be found, and the popular vote also distorts representation, it is impossible to get such a bill through Congress much less 3/4s of the states to ratify it. Specifically the smaller, less populated states than California, Texas, Florida and New York.

Similar to opposing party votes, how different states vote is important even if they lose. They skew the voting record and, by their views, select their Senators and Representative for Congress.

For one, I wish Congress would stop making compromise a dirty word.

People should vote even if they know they are in the minority. Election math sends a message.

If 10 voters are eligible for an election but only 6 actually vote, the 6 votes will be "100%" of the voters. If 5 of them voted for Trump and 1 for Biden, then it would be 83%+ voting for Trump. If 8 voted, again with 5 voting for Trump, then Trump would still win but the percentage would be 62%+ for Trump. The more even the vote, the less power for the winners.

Remember when GW Bush declared 51% was a "mandate from the people"? All the smart people knew he was full of shit...and it's mostly the smart people with the money.

My advice to all Americans is to VOTE, even if in the minority. Skew the numbers. LOL

2grr5e.jpg

watching the bigots show their anger cracks me up
What do you think TOW’s post was showing angry bigotry, Legion? Claiming he’s poorly educated? Claiming he doesn’t meet the weight standards of the USMC? That he shot 3 people by running around the streets armed that night?

The swing states vary over time. Texas is moving toward a Purple AKA Swing State. I expect Arizona is too.

Disagree on “vote doesn’t count” per the post below. It gives a truer picture of the level of support. The Republicans would prefer 100% support. Those voting for opposing parties, even if it’s a known loser, skew the voting record.

While I agree a better system should be found, and the popular vote also distorts representation, it is impossible to get such a bill through Congress much less 3/4s of the states to ratify it. Specifically the smaller, less populated states than California, Texas, Florida and New York.

Similar to opposing party votes, how different states vote is important even if they lose. They skew the voting record and, by their views, select their Senators and Representative for Congress.

For one, I wish Congress would stop making compromise a dirty word.

No (R) will ever, ever vote to abandon the EC. When is the last time an (R) won the popular vote for POTUS? That's why we're stuck with it.

No (R) will ever, ever vote to abandon the EC. When is the last time an (R) won the popular vote for POTUS? That's why we're stuck with it.
I’m a “never say never” guy, but readily agree we’d be unlikely to see it in our lifetimes. A more likely approach is for states to either apportion their EC votes and/or ranked voting.

Back