Kyle Rittenhouse attempted to join the Marine Corps in January,

If the FBI were called BEFORE 1/6, WHY did 1/6 happen?????

The FBI definitely knew there was going to be a protest, and that it might be violent. They did not know for a fact it would be violent. Even if they did, they are not the force to take on several thousand violent criminals. That would be the National Guard.

Rittenhouse needed help, and his mother bought him an assault weapon. A slight offer to help could end in extreme violence. I think the high school did the best they could under the circumstances.

I did volunteer work for a charity. There was a white, homeless Vietnam veteran who realized he was due some money from the VA. Very charming, intelligent, troubled man. I was specific warned about offering more help than they ask for, and only helped him get the money and an apartment. He was happy, and being very charming. Another volunteer also mentioned that the VA also offers free drug rehab, and that there were actually open slots available (unusual). Suddenly he had an exacto knife out and was trying to kill us.

Violent people who do not want help will become extremely violent when offered help.

You don't see that as mental illness? Agreed the laws are lacking as the HS proved.

So you;re anti-help because of some cherry-picked incident?

I am very pro-help. I am saying you have to be careful about offering help to people who do not want help, especially if they are violent.

It is not cherry picked. It happens over, and over again.

you really are just a nazi who wants to kill the useless eaters, arent' you? very nasty. very evil.

You are angry when people try to help you, and angry when people do not force help upon you. Can you see the problem here?

You don't see that as mental illness? Agreed the laws are lacking as the HS proved.

It is definitely mental illness. It is usually addiction, or similar to addiction. If you threaten to take away someone's addiction, he will feel you are threatening his life. To him, a reasonable reaction will be to kill you.

In Rittenhouse's case, the only support network he has is violent racists, and guns. If you try to take away either, you are threatening to kill him. He will respond by killing you in self defense.

Hopefully, Rittenhouse will realize he has a problem. There is a real chance he will never, because he is deep in this. If he does realize he has a problem, and seeks help, I hope there is someone there to help him. But offering him help before that is extremely dangerous.

And the US Marines are not there to help Rittenhouse.

It is definitely mental illness. It is usually addiction, or similar to addiction. If you threaten to take away someone's addiction, he will feel you are threatening his life. To him, a reasonable reaction will be to kill you.

In Rittenhouse's case, the only support network he has is violent racists, and guns. If you try to take away either, you are threatening to kill him. He will respond by killing you in self defense.

Hopefully, Rittenhouse will realize he has a problem. There is a real chance he will never, because he is deep in this. If he does realize he has a problem, and seeks help, I hope there is someone there to help him. But offering him help before that is extremely dangerous.

And the US Marines are not there to help Rittenhouse.
Same here, but most mentally ill people aren't very good at helping themselves. They need help. A major problem in the US is that the help usually isn't there even if the person asks.

There is no clear reason given for his non-acceptance.

The reason for Rittenhouse being rejected has not been made public, but it is easy to see that he fails in every possible way. The only question is which got him rejected first.

The US Navy took Hunter Biden as an officer because of WHO his daddy is. He'd have been rejected as too old and unqualified to a be an officer on any other basis.

Hunter Biden was a Yale Law School graduate, so would have been accepted whoever his father was. The US Navy accepts a small number of very educated people whatever their age. Saying he was unqualified to be a Navy lawyer is just silly.

I can see the Marines rejecting Rittenhouse on the basis of notoriety.

Rittenhouse was rejected in January of 2020, when no one knew he existed. Seven months later, in August of 2020, Rittenhouse shot three people, and became famous. The way time works, what you are saying is completely impossible.

You're not 18, makes it a lot tougher.

You clearly never served. Being 17 is probably the easiest age to be accepted at. The military absolutely loves the pre-acceptances.

Given Rittenhouse's parents are divorced or whatever, and needing BOTH to agree to his going in, on its own probably got him rejected.

Nope, completely wrong. You get accepted when you are 17 years old, and take your oath when you are 18. There is absolutely no parental approval needed.

If he had a community college transcript, even with just a few classes he passed, that counts as "some college" not just having a GED or HS diploma. That puts him in the 31 score category.[/QUPTE]

Again, no it really does not. He has a GED. He failed all his classes, but no one cares about that. The law states GED, so if you have a GED you need to be in the upper 5%.

A four-year college accepts transfers on the basis of GPA

He flunked out of a community college, so was not good enough for a community college. That means he is not going to a 4 year college.

At 17 getting accepted into the military isn't easy at best, and they'll usually tell you come back once you're 18 and graduate.

Have you ever talked to a recruiter? A recruiter will NEVER tell you to come back later, if they can possibly avoid it. You know why, because almost no one comes back later.

They accept you at age 17 to take the oath at age 18. It is provisional on you actually graduating, but they do not need you to actually graduate before being accepted.

It is very similar to college that way. Millions of people apply to college before they graduate from high school. You do not have to wait until you graduate from high school to apply. The same applies to graduate school.

This thread is actually just celebrating how the establishment machine is now attempting to destroy minors.

The alt right is all about individual responsibility, rather than personal responsibility. They want everyone to be responsible to only themselves, and not taking personal responsibility for others. They see an organization like the US Marines as destroying a young adult, rather than building him up.

Same here, but most mentally ill people aren't very good at helping themselves. They need help. A major problem in the US is that the help usually isn't there even if the person asks.

That is what makes the proliferation of guns and violent ideology so dangerous. It just makes trying to help people who need help so much more dangerous.

That is what makes the proliferation of guns and violent ideology so dangerous. It just makes trying to help people who need help so much more dangerous.
Banning guns, cars and axes doesn't cure mental illness. It doesn't solve gang problems either, but the greater need is mental illness. About 50,000 suicides every year. Most mentally ill are more of a danger to themselves than others, but we lack the ability to determine which is which much less how to help them. Why? Little to no interest by both the two major parties and We, the People.

Banning guns, cars and axes doesn't cure mental illness.

I am not saying that we need to ban guns. I am saying we have a violent culture where guns are easily available throughout much of America. This makes everything more dangerous.

Maybe there is some benefit in that, but there is no denial of the problems it causes.

I am not saying that we need to ban guns. I am saying we have a violent culture where guns are easily available throughout much of America. This makes everything more dangerous.

Maybe there is some benefit in that, but there is no denial of the problems it causes.
I think the answer to violence is in expanding freedoms, not restricting them. Why do you think Prohibition failed in America? The War on Drugs?

Last edited:
remind us again WHO controlled Congress at that time? oh, I think it was Pelosi and the Democrats.
First, let's not forget that Trump had a Republican trifecta until he decided to torpedo any House Republicans who didn't suck kiss his ring in 2018 thus giving the fucking Democrats control of the House by letting them gain over 40 seats.

Second, the Senate was still Republican controlled.

Why do you not know this?

I am beginning to figure out who never served, and does not seem to be close to anyone who ever served.

Yea, you.

Until you sign your contract to join and take the oath, nothing--NOTHING--counts in being recruited. What's in that contract is ALL that matters.

The recruiter wants you to be 18+ and have a good ASVAB score. There are waivers for lots of stuff that makes joining harder but still doable. You have to provide a social security card and birth certificate. A driver's license or passport is desirable but not necessary.

The HS diploma or GED counts towards entry, but your grades ONLY count for specific programs in addition to your ASVAB score. Ace the ASVAB, and you can take any program you want outside of those with specific additional requirements beyond that score.

Pre-acceptances are a PITA. What a recruiter loves is somebody walking in who is 18+, gets like an 80 or 90+ on the ASVAB cold, has some college or a HS diploma, and got decent grades in particular classes that qualify them for special programs. They take JROTC and the like too, along with specific other civic activities like being a Boy or Girl Scout and achieving a particular rank in those (or at least the used to).

I think the answer to violence is in expanding freedoms, not restricting them. Why do you think Prohibition failed in America? The War on Drugs?

Prohibition greatly reduced drinking culture in America. Construction workers used to take whiskey breaks, and now take water breaks. It used to be acceptable for high school students to be falling down drunk. We went from a culture that drank whiskey all day, every day, to a culture that drank beer on the weekends.

With drugs (including alcohol) there appears to be a middle ground. The problem is that middle ground is ever changing. Legalize heroin, and at first there is harm reduction. The death rates plummets. Then it becomes out of control, and a huge number of lives are destroyed. Outlaw heroin, and the number of heroin users begins falling, but then can shoot up decades later. The death rate gradually drops, but then shoots up as harm reduction is reduced.

I have not seen the magic bullet.

And there is always the moral question to all this. What right do I have to tell people how they can live their lives? Do I have the right to tell the cancer patient who will be dead in a month that she cannot use all the painkillers she wants? If no, do I have the right to tell the 80 year old man he cannot use all the painkillers he wants? How about the healthy 20 year old? Some would argue it is all their lives, and while I can advice, I cannot force.

So one more time, Rittenhouse is a pudgy, mentally unbalanced, uneducated, idiot, who lacks focus and discipline, and even more importantly, he does not want to be physical fit, educated, or to have focus or discipline. There was no way they would accept Rittenhouse into the US Marines.

It did not get better when he started shooting people, but all the red flags were there before hand.

The recruiter wants you to be 18+ and have a good ASVAB score.

I have been recruited. I know recruiters. They want you to be turning 18. The easiest time to get you approved is at 17, and then have you take the oath on your 18th birthday. If they are talking to you at age 19, you are already finding other options. Time is not on their side. They are allowed to get you pre-approved at 17. If they do that, you start limiting your own options, and making plans around service.

The HS diploma or GED counts towards entry, but your grades ONLY count for specific programs in addition to your ASVAB score.

You absolutely need to either graduate from high school, or have a GED to get into the US Marines. They used to not accept a GED at all, but now will accept it if you do off the charts well at ASVAB.

remind us again WHO controlled Congress at that time? oh, I think it was Pelosi and the Democrats.

You would be wrong. There are two houses of Congress, with Pelosi only being the leader of one of them. The house of Congress that ran the show, The Senate, was controlled by the Republicans.

Back