Lara Trump says debates ‘rigged so heavily’ in Biden’s favor

If Texas were in actual play, wouldn't NOT voting for Biden
be essentially
NOT making the maximum effort to stop Trump?

Unfortunately in our two party dominated system this is correct.

The one time I voted third party was in 2000 when I lived in a solidly DEEEEEEEEP blue state and I knew Gore would get the electoral votes so I could vote Green (Nader at the time) just so the Green party would be able to get matching funds the next time they ran someone. It was an attempt to try to stand up a 3rd party option in the future (not sure I actually thought Nader would be good, just that there was legit 3rd party and this was the best tactic without "wasting my vote" or giving it to W.

If you didn't have that luxury, however,
would you feel that stopping Trump was NOT the priority?

This is not unlike that silly "vote uncommitted" in the Dem Primaries that people are pushing to get Biden to support a ceasefire in Gaza. It's not like Biden would be "scared" that a Left leaning voter would vote for TRUMP knowing full well that the danger Trump represents to the immediate country we all live in is far, far greater. It's an empty gesture on the part of the Left.

If only we weren't stuck with only two parties, but then that's all we ever think in terms of and we seem incapable as a nation of thinking outside of that box.

If it were, you'd have to vote for Biden
because anything else would NOT be making the maximum effort to stop Trump.

I'm missing the contradiction, though.

If Texas were in actual play, wouldn't NOT voting for Biden
be essentially
NOT making the maximum effort to stop Trump?

You have the luxury, Oom, to cast a conscience vote without consequence in Texas.
[For that matter, I would as well, if I were so inclined, being in Massachusetts.]

If you didn't have that luxury, however,
would you feel that stopping Trump was NOT the priority?
If it were, you'd have to vote for Biden
because anything else would NOT be making the maximum effort to stop Trump.
No worries. I'm not voting for Biden, neef, pure and simple. The fact you, like the MAGAts, chose to run an unfit candidate is your problem, not mine.

Another contradiction to claim I have the luxury "to cast a conscience vote without consequence in Texas" then berate me for not voting for your hero Biden. LOL

And that is a hugely important point that everyone who lives in a contested state should consider.

Trump would be a disaster for America and the world in a second term. If a "vote for a third party" or "stay at home" might help him, I would ask for the person to reconsider.
Yep. As I live in Idaho, my vote goes for naught. And, isn’t it odd, Idaho is a mail in ballot state and no Republican bitches about that!

Yep. As I live in Idaho, my vote goes for naught. And, isn’t it odd, Idaho is a mail in ballot state and no Republican bitches about that!
Disagreed. It skews the numbers. Even in Texas, Trump only won 52% of the vote, Biden 46% with the rest being Third Party voters.

The only vote that "goes for naught" is the one that isn't made. The 40% of US voters who don't vote.

Here's my take on election math:
People should vote even if they know they are in the minority. Election math sends a message.

If 10 voters are eligible for an election but only 6 actually vote, the 6 votes will be "100%" of the voters. If 5 of them voted for Trump and 1 for Biden, then it would be 83%+ voting for Trump. If 8 voted, again with 5 voting for Trump, then Trump would still win but the percentage would be 62%+ for Trump. The more even the vote, the less power for the winners.

Remember when GW Bush declared 51% was a "mandate from the people"? All the smart people knew he was full of shit...and it's mostly the smart people with the money.

My advice to all Americans is to VOTE, even if in the minority. Skew the numbers. :)

Disagreed. It skews the numbers. Even in Texas, Trump only won 52% of the vote, Biden 46% with the rest being Third Party voters.

The only vote that "goes for naught" is the one that isn't made. The 40% of US voters who don't vote.

Here's my take on election math:
People should vote even if they know they are in the minority. Election math sends a message.

If 10 voters are eligible for an election but only 6 actually vote, the 6 votes will be "100%" of the voters. If 5 of them voted for Trump and 1 for Biden, then it would be 83%+ voting for Trump. If 8 voted, again with 5 voting for Trump, then Trump would still win but the percentage would be 62%+ for Trump. The more even the vote, the less power for the winners.

Remember when GW Bush declared 51% was a "mandate from the people"? All the smart people knew he was full of shit...and it's mostly the smart people with the money.

My advice to all Americans is to VOTE, even if in the minority. Skew the numbers. :)

Trump took 64% of the vote in the 2020 election in my state. That is in spite of the larger towns tending to lean left. In my lifetime, my vote for any Democratic presidential candidate will not tilt the election. It does on the local level. My two state reps and one state senator are all Democrats and all female.

Election math means nothing to the winner. They take any win and call it a mandate, whether it be 51% or 65%.

Trump took 64% of the vote in the 2020 election in my state. That is in spite of the larger towns tending to lean left. In my lifetime, my vote for any Democratic presidential candidate will not tilt the election. It does on the local level. My two state reps and one state senator are all Democrats and all female.

Election math means nothing to the winner. They take any win and call it a mandate, whether it be 51% or 65%.
Nonetheless, better to skew the numbers than to surrender to the MAGAts. Good point about noting there are other elections involves.

It means a lot to the donors and others in Congress. Even though Trump won in your state, your Democrat reps know that he has weak support the larger the number of those who voted against him.

Back