Last election was who would you have a beer with this year its about a BBQ

Robdawg

Obama would get more barbecue invitations than McCain
WASHINGTON (AP) — People would rather barbecue burgers with Barack than munch meats with McCain.

While many are still deciding which should be president, by 52 percent to 45 percent they would prefer having Barack Obama than John McCain to their summer cookout, according to an Associated Press-Yahoo! News poll released Wednesday.

Men are about evenly divided between the two while women prefer Obama by 11 percentage points. Whites prefer McCain, minorities Obama. And Obama is a more popular guest with younger voters while McCain does best with the oldest.

Having Obama to a barbecue would be like a relaxed family gathering, while inviting McCain "would be more like a retirement party than something fun," said Wesley Welbourne, 38, a systems engineer from Washington, D.C.

Party label means a lot, with three-quarters of Democrats picking the Democrat Obama and the same number of Republicans picking McCain, a Republican. Independents are about evenly split.

"John and I would probably have a lot to talk about," said Republican Michael Mullen, 53, of Merrimac, Mass., like McCain a Navy veteran.

One in six people saying they'd vote for McCain prefer Obama as their barbecue guest; just one in 20 Obama backers would invite McCain.

The AP-Yahoo! News survey of 1,759 adults was conducted online by Knowledge Networks from June 13-23 and had an overall margin of sampling error of plus or minus 2.3 percentage points. The margin of sampling error for subgroups was larger.

http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-candidates

OBAMA 08

I'd rather have a BBQ with Cindy McCain. Pass around the vicodin and let the good times roll.

John McCain’s teeth look like they smell. I would never invite him to a barbeque. I wouldn’t be able to enjoy my potato salad. And I make the best potato salad I’ve ever tasted.

Wow smart, hot and can make potato salad ?

Well, I make good potato salad, I can confirm that. And I don’t put any healthy stuff like tofu in it, so you would probably like it. I only make it a couple of times a year so that I don’t eat too much of it. Now I feel like I want it. Maybe I’ll make some for the weekend.

John McCain’s teeth look like they smell. I would never invite him to a barbeque. I wouldn’t be able to enjoy my potato salad. And I make the best potato salad I’ve ever tasted.

That's not fair Darla. He takes his teeth out every night and cleans them.

Well, I make good potato salad, I can confirm that. And I don’t put any healthy stuff like tofu in it, so you would probably like it. I only make it a couple of times a year so that I don’t eat too much of it. Now I feel like I want it. Maybe I’ll make some for the weekend.

Is it a variation of the pickle/onion/mayonnaise, or more like an anti-American French version, with olive oil & herbs?

My fiancee makes this awesome salad that is a jar of mayo and a cup of sugar mixed in with Cauliflower and Salad greens. Great stuff but be prepared to have an early heart attack!

Seriously though, I think if he had false teeth they would look a lot nicer. I mean who would go to get false teeth and say, “I’ll take the really yellowed ones, and make sure you leave plenty of spaces between the teeth”?

OMG, lol.

And Cindy McCain looks like a vampire to me. There's something weird about her. She's totally bug eyed, or something. I can't put my finger on it.

Maybe it's all the drugs she did.

Seriously though, I think if he had false teeth they would look a lot nicer. I mean who would go to get false teeth and say, “I’ll take the really yellowed ones, and make sure you leave plenty of spaces between the teeth”?

You're right. He needs to upgrade to pearly whites if he wants to be prez. Sunbeam yellow is so 1990s.

Back