Lefty

Phil Mickelson writes right handed, and I believes throws right hand as well.
He plays golf left handed, but almost certainly could play better than the average recreational player
playing right handed.

Good work for Phil, but the PGA Championship is supposed to be in August.

There seems to be nothing that this generation of Americans can't screw up.

I would have given Bernie or Liz absolute authority over absolutely everything and taken my chances with that.

When we miraculously run into a remaining smart person these days, we need to take advantage.

Bernie and Liz are mature, stable, smart people.
I bet they at least know when to run the PGA Championship, for Christ's sake.
:hij:

I would have given Bernie or Liz absolute authority over absolutely everything and taken my chances with that.

When we miraculously run into a remaining smart person these days, we need to take advantage.

I'm glad they moved it, actually. For a while, May had the two Dallas metroplex tournaments and the TPC. But players didn't like how Sawgrass played in May as opposed to March, so it was moved back. That left a huge gap between the Masters and the US Open. Now, basically the five majors (I include the TPC) are in consecutive months from March to July, and then we have the championship. I'm good with that.

I'm glad they moved it, actually. For a while, May had the two Dallas metroplex tournaments and the TPC. But players didn't like how Sawgrass played in May as opposed to March, so it was moved back. That left a huge gap between the Masters and the US Open. Now, basically the five majors (I include the TPC) are in consecutive months from March to July, and then we have the championship. I'm good with that.

I've heard that argument and it's a valid one.

If the TPC is a major, and I'm not saying that it shouldn't be, other big events with a specifically defined field should be majors too.
The R&A and the USGA Amateurs should be retuned to major status. The Bobby Jones Grand Slam still means something.
The PGA should just be the top club pros and a few invitees, maybe other past major winners, seeing that the Tour players already have their own championship--and it should still be a major.
The R&A and USGA Opens are very pure championships with open qualifying---very definitely majors.

I don't get the Masters--an invitational, championship of nothing, and a celebration of the ante-bellum bad old days.
That's me, though--most people love it. It will always be a major.

If the TPC is a major, and I'm not saying that it shouldn't be, other big events with a specifically defined field should be majors too.
The R&A and the USGA Amateurs should be retuned to major status. The Bobby Jones Grand Slam still means something.
The PGA should just be the top club pros and a few invitees, maybe other past major winners, seeing that the Tour players already have their own championship--and it should still be a major.
The R&A and USGA Opens are very pure championships with open qualifying---very definitely majors.

I don't get the Masters--an invitational, championship of nothing, and a celebration of the ante-bellum bad old days.

I laugh every year at how stuffy and arrogant Augusta is. They are so full of themselves. I think the whole amateur thing has changed such that scoring that Grand Slam is a virtual impossibility, but it would be fun to see someone try. Tiger might have pulled it off if he'd delayed going pro. I agree on the Opens, they are actually 'open', and to me are the most prestigious of the majors.

It was a conspiracy to keep him from winning the US Open.

The Master's is like the Fiesta Bowl. A contrived event that was pushed/marketed to be considered on par with the older/established major events (Open/US Open/PGA & Rose/Sugar/Sun/Cotton/Orange).

Interesting speculation, but on the part of whom?
You have to go to the LPGA to find pro golfer Democrats, and maybe the LPGA of 1972.

That's just my idea of a Mickelson joke. He needs the US Open to complete a career Grand Slam, and finished 2nd/T2 six times from 1999-2013. Apparently that's a record. Normally, this is the time of the year in which the US Open would have been taking place, rather than the PGA.

I just looked it up, and the US Open will be held at Torrey Pines this year. Almost feels like fate for Phil, that he should get home course.

Back