Legislators aim to snuff out penalties for pot use

MJ should be treated like alcohol. Legal to buy. Legal to tax. Legal to use. But with harsh penalties if you drive under the influence or if you do anything that causes harm to another person while under the influence.

I think that smoking pot would make you less likely to hurt another person. We should just keep ex-cons lit up all the time, it's actually a good idea.

That's not true. Pot would be no more difficult to control than tobacco or alcohol. I once asked Rep. John Boehner (R - Ohio) when he was running for his first term (I was in college at the time). I asked him that with pot being notably safer than either tobacco or alcohol, why didn't the government legalize it. His answer was pretty good, he said "Well we have enough problems with tobacco and alcohol."

Decriminlization is the key. It regulates trade with out creating a burden for the government to sanction and regulate a vice, while not bothering the responsbile user in their private use of the drug.

We shouldn't decriminalize, we should legalize. Putting dealers, who are usually just poor addicts who have little elsewhere to turn anyway, in jail for most of their natural lives is just an extremely expensive way to raise the price of pot. If you are so concerned about the price, you should just legislate it higher, honestly. If it were legal, it would be safer to go and buy it, and safer to use it.

We should legalize, but we really MUST do something. The current system is unsustainable and puts us on a path toward being an enormous prison-nation.

If decriminalization is all the older generation is willing to accept, then so be it.

first step is to stop spending billions to imprison half a million black kids a year for a few blunts. THAT'S RACIST!! Now if your Rich and white you get a few weeks of rehab for way more dangerous drugs like the cocain (not that I'm against the blow).

We should legalize, but we really MUST do something. The current system is unsustainable and puts us on a path toward being an enormous prison-nation.

If decriminalization is all the older generation is willing to accept, then so be it.

I'm willing to compromise but while I'm anonymous I will still argue for legalization.

Epi is exactly correct, we MUST make progress on the issue.:clink:

Well if swirving around the road, they usually just take them to the police station and give them a blood test. I assure you, they already have procedures to deal with this.

Yes they do if you have pot in your system you are assumed to be intoxicated and DUI.
The question is how much pot is in your system and what is the intoxication limit ?

Why must we make progress on the issue ? We now have Marinol for the sick people.
And smoking is not healthy for ya, banning smoking tobacco is going like gangbusters.

Like most issue's that take more than an eigth grade education you are lost on it.
We spend billions butting black kids in prison for what the majority of medical Dr's think is a good treatment for pain, and nausia.
It's over 55 people like you that are the hold up, still believing the Governments reefer madness BS.:pke:

Yes they do if you have pot in your system you are assumed to be intoxicated and DUI.
The question is how much pot is in your system and what is the intoxication limit ?

I dunno. I would say any but the pot can stay in your system long after its lost any measurable effect on your ability to function. I'm sure it would be easy to find the blood limit though.

If they're swiriving and the alcohol test doesn't work, just take them and give them a blood test. There's no way to design a road test for pot, though.

What we lack for pot is the equivalent of a .08 number with alcohol.

You guys forget, there are road tests that will show whether you are functionally inebriated. It works for both pot and alcohol.

Like most issue's that take more than an eigth grade education you are lost on it.
We spend billions butting black kids in prison for what the majority of medical Dr's think is a good treatment for pain, and nausia.
It's over 55 people like you that are the hold up, still believing the Governments reefer madness BS.:pke:

We also lock up lots of poor white kids and such for abusing prescription pain pills and such.

Not many I know of are locked up unless they are dealing big time or lots of dealing busts.

a lot more in KY get locked up for prescription drug abuse.

Btw topper you do not need anything to make you more stupid.

We also lock up lots of poor white kids and such for abusing prescription pain pills and such.

Not many I know of a re locked up unless they are dealing big time or lots of dealing bussts.

a lot more in KY get locked up for prescription drug abuse.

Just because "you don't know of them" doesn't mean they don't exist.

I know of them.

What we lack for pot is the equivalent of a .08 number with alcohol.

You guys forget, there are road tests that will show whether you are functionally inebriated. It works for both pot and alcohol.

It does?

The breathalyzer test works because there's a ton of alcohol in your blood and you breathe it out. I wouldn't think pot would work the same way.

It does?

The breathalyzer test works because there's a ton of alcohol in your blood and you breathe it out. I wouldn't think pot would work the same way.

Physical tests. Walk a straight line. Touch your finger to your nose. Follow the pen with your eyes.

I take it you have never been pulled over.

Just because "you don't know of them" doesn't mean they don't exist.

I know of them.

Many users of pot are in prison for using pot ?

or were they busted for the other stuff besides pot they also had ?

I am for legalization of pot just like alcohol. Same laws and rules.
Big taxes too.

people rarely get pulled over for being on pot.
Under the influence they tend to drive slower looking for fast food.

Back