Liberals and One Party Rule

Ain't that the truth. I wonder what would happen if actual Conservatives were to take the reins of power?

Well; first I would hope they would pass term limits on Senators and Congresspeople.
Next I would hope they would abolish the current tax code and supplant it with a Fair Tax or Flat Tax.
Next I would hope they would rescind Obamacare.
Next I would hope they abolish the Departments of Agriculture (USDA), Department of Commerce (DOC), Department of Education (ED), Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Department of Labor (DOL) and the Department of Transportation (DOT).

Then with that done, we can see REAL change and reform, a booming economy and a balanced Federal Budget.

;)

I don't know if you consider Michelle Bachman or Rick Santorum true conservatives but they will never win the Presidency. Does anyone today on the national scene qualify as a true conservative to you?
They are completely off the wall, I'll readily admit. But if anyone thinks some limpwristed "moderate" is the way to go, then I'm sorry, but the GOP does not represent my views.

They are completely off the wall, I'll readily admit. But if anyone thinks some limpwristed "moderate" is the way to go, then I'm sorry, but the GOP does not represent my views.

I'm just curious if you think anyone today qualifies as a true conservative. I ask because it is a hell of a lot easier to be a 'true conservative' on a message board or even during a campaign than when it comes to actual governing.

It's really no different for liberals.

Wrong; 9-11 fvcked it all up thanks to American naiveté' and apathy.

You think Bush was a true conservative until 9/11? No way. In retrospect Bush was a big government Republican all along. His education bill and the pill bill had nothing to do with 9/11.

I don't know if you consider Michelle Bachman or Rick Santorum true conservatives but they will never win the Presidency. Does anyone today on the national scene qualify as a true conservative to you?

Ben Carson...Newt Gingrich...Richard Shelby...Jeff Sessions...Marco Rubio...Jeb Bush...Kelly Ayotte...Tom Coburn...Tim Scott...John Tune...Bob Corker...Ted Cruz...Mike Lee...John Barrasso to name just a few.

You think Bush was a true conservative until 9/11? No way. In retrospect Bush was a big government Republican all along. His education bill and the pill bill had nothing to do with 9/11.

I don't know if Bush was a "true" conservative; whatever that might mean. But I did think he was honest, experienced and a free market capitalist.

What is a BIG Government Republican? ALL Federal politicians are BIG Government. Was he BIG Government because he created the Department of Homeland Security due to ... wait for it ... 9-11?

I don't know if Bush was a "true" conservative; whatever that might mean. But I did think he was honest, experienced and a free market capitalist.

What is a BIG Government Republican? ALL Federal politicians are BIG Government. Was he BIG Government because he created the Department of Homeland Security due to ... wait for it ... 9-11?

Boris just called Bush a RINO. What is a big government Republican? The dictionary will show a picture of George W. Bush. I already gave two examples of his massive increase of government with his education bill and the pill bill. You pointed out a third with the Department of Homeland Security. Look at the growth of spending under his watch. There is nothing Republican about that. He didn't veto a single spending bill during his first six years in office. His Presidency completely set back the Republican Party.

Republicans had a chance with Bush/Cheney and control of Congress but they fvcked it all up.

Because Bush wasn't a conservative. One of the first things somebody in that situation would do if they were conservative is work to pass a balanced budget amendment. Instead we were getting hints of amnesty.

I guess Leftists like Howey, Poser-It, and Christie won't be happy until the entire country is ruled by nothing but Leftists. So what do you think? Would the country be all unicorns and rainbows without Conservatives and Conservatism?

Chris Christie is Right Wing. He spoke at the RNC last election. Only small brains like you consider him "Left".

Copy/paste and quote this. Christie will win next election. Anti-Party said this YEARS in advance.

You don't know why because you are bias.

Because Bush wasn't a conservative. One of the first things somebody in that situation would do if they were conservative is work to pass a balanced budget amendment. Instead we were getting hints of amnesty.

why would anyone want that?

imagine if you could never again borrow any money.

how would that help you succeed?

BS. He was touted and sold as a conservative. Just because he didn't live up to your ideal doesn't mean he wasn't, for all practical purposes. President Obama isn't the liberal I would like him to be. BFD.

Yeah they elect them to destroy government and they get in office and destroy what they can and it fucks everything up so they get mad at the guy they hired.

then they do it all over again and blame us because their minions to a wealthy pack of assholes with bad ideas that don't work.

yet somehow they JUST KEEP thinking its not the fault of their historically failed ideas

Back