Louisiana will require the 10 Commandments displayed in every public school classroom

signalmankenneth

Verified User
I see a lot of lawsuits coming against this crap?!! I'm tired of these religious fanatics shoving their religion and beliefs on the rest of us?!!
There is something called a separation of church and state too!

BATON ROUGE, La. — Louisiana has become the first state to require that the Ten Commandments be displayed in every public school classroom, the latest move from a GOP-dominated Legislature pushing a conservative agenda under a new governor.

The legislation that Republican Gov. Jeff Landry signed into law on Wednesday requires a poster-sized display of the Ten Commandments in “large, easily readable font” in all public classrooms, from kindergarten to state-funded universities.

Opponents questioned the law’s constitutionality and vowed to challenge it in court. Proponents said the the measure is not solely religious, but that it has historical significance. In the language of the law, the Ten Commandments are “foundational documents of our state and national government.”

The posters, which will be paired with a four-paragraph “context statement” describing how the Ten Commandments “were a prominent part of American public education for almost three centuries,” must be in place in classrooms by the start of 2025.

Under the law, state funds will not be used to implement the mandate. The posters would be paid for through donations.

The law also “authorizes” but does not require the display of other items in K-12 public schools, including: The Mayflower Compact, which was signed by religious pilgrims aboard the Mayflower in 1620 and is often referred to as America’s “First Constitution"; the Declaration of Independence; and the Northwest Ordinance, which established a government in the Northwest Territory — in the present day Midwest — and created a pathway for admitting new states to the Union.

Not long after the governor signed the bill into law at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School in Lafayette on Wednesday, civil rights groups and organizations that want to keep religion out of government promised to file a lawsuit challenging it.

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/19/nx-s1-5012597/louisiana-10-commandments-law-public-school-classrooms

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/2ZR43BIM3NGKBGKSH7HUUYIKQU.jpg&w=1200

Posting up the 10 Commandments up in every classroom will have the same effect as making every student watch REEFER MADNESS!

If they should be posting anything up in a classroom, they should be posting the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of The United States, or the BILL OF RIGHTS!

I see a lot of lawsuits coming against this crap?!! I'm tired of these religious fanatics shoving their religion and beliefs on the rest of us?!!

BATON ROUGE, La. — Louisiana has become the first state to require that the Ten Commandments be displayed in every public school classroom, the latest move from a GOP-dominated Legislature pushing a conservative agenda under a new governor.

The legislation that Republican Gov. Jeff Landry signed into law on Wednesday requires a poster-sized display of the Ten Commandments in “large, easily readable font” in all public classrooms, from kindergarten to state-funded universities.

Opponents questioned the law’s constitutionality and vowed to challenge it in court. Proponents said the the measure is not solely religious, but that it has historical significance. In the language of the law, the Ten Commandments are “foundational documents of our state and national government.”

The posters, which will be paired with a four-paragraph “context statement” describing how the Ten Commandments “were a prominent part of American public education for almost three centuries,” must be in place in classrooms by the start of 2025.

Under the law, state funds will not be used to implement the mandate. The posters would be paid for through donations.

The law also “authorizes” but does not require the display of other items in K-12 public schools, including: The Mayflower Compact, which was signed by religious pilgrims aboard the Mayflower in 1620 and is often referred to as America’s “First Constitution"; the Declaration of Independence; and the Northwest Ordinance, which established a government in the Northwest Territory — in the present day Midwest — and created a pathway for admitting new states to the Union.

Not long after the governor signed the bill into law at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School in Lafayette on Wednesday, civil rights groups and organizations that want to keep religion out of government promised to file a lawsuit challenging it.

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/19/nx-s1-5012597/louisiana-10-commandments-law-public-school-classrooms

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/2ZR43BIM3NGKBGKSH7HUUYIKQU.jpg&w=1200
axZD7mD_700b.jpg

how about transing the kids at school?

does that stimulate your ire?

You know what happens next:

1. This enters the court system to tie up courts for a few years and ultimately gunk up the Supreme Court docket
2. The Church of Satan will no doubt raise it's annoying head and demand satanic shit be posted in classrooms to make a point
3. Everyone gets all up in arms over something that should never have happened in the first place because we have a Constitution

The most annoying part of this sort of gambit (other than the usual course of events) is that the reason the Separation Clause exists is to protect religion as much as protecting us from theocracy. If someone mandates a state religion it can easily back fire and the "wrong" religion gets preference and people end up at loggerheads yet again.

No one is keeping Christians in Louisiana from enjoying their faith. NO ONE. So they can enjoy it to their hearts content in the privacy of their own lives. They shouldn't want to force it on anyone because that opens the door to faiths they DON'T like being forced on them.

C'mon, America. Get your shit together and just learn to enjoy your own stuff in your own homes. You don't have to make EVERYONE enjoy it with you.

don't you mean the Code of Hammurabi?......atheists are always telling us the Bible simply copies it anyway?........

That isn't Islam. But if you want religion forced on the public at tax payer expense you better damn well be sure you get your own religion forced because you have opened the door to others being forced on YOU and at YOUR tax expense.

wrong......the separation clause ONLY exists to protect religion from the state.......that's why your atheism is protected.....

OMG, you just compared atheism to religion! Wow...you are SO ORIGINAL AND INSIGHTFUL. You really need to let everyone know how clever you are! Spread this one around!

That isn't Islam. But if you want religion forced on the public at tax payer expense you better damn well be sure you get your own religion forced because you have opened the door to others being forced on YOU and at YOUR tax expense.
I didn't say it was......I said atheists claim the commandments are identical to Hammurabi's code......but the 10 commandments are not a religion......they are a moral code....you are not forced to abandon atheism because you see the 10 commandments in a school or courthouse.....next you'll start complaining because you're worried someone may be praying for your soul without your permission......

I didn't say it was......I said atheists claim the commandments are identical to Hammurabi's code......but the 10 commandments are not a religion......they are a moral code.

SO the bits about "thou shalt have no God before me" and "keep the Sabbath" are moral and not religious? Interesting view you have there.

...you are not forced to abandon atheism because you see the 10 commandments in a school or courthouse

But I am forced to pay for it. Just as long as you would be OK if your tax money went to build an Islamic display in your public square, I guess it would be OK.

SO the bits about "thou shalt have no God before me" and "keep the Sabbath" are moral and not religious? Interesting view you have there.

But I am forced to pay for it. Just as long as you would be OK if your tax money went to build an Islamic display in your public square, I guess it would be OK.
1) So you disagree with those atheists who insist the 10 Commandments are just a copy of Hammurabi's Code?.......
2) You want the government to pay for abortions but you object to a piece of paper.......do you also regret having to pay for Pride banners in schools?.......

Apparently, you missed the days where they talked about Hebrew slaughter in the OT. Or, more likely, it’s uncomfortable shit that your indoctrination doesn’t wish to address.
obviously you missed the other 99% of the lessons taught in the OT......but of course you did.....you walked away from it because you only learned that humans are sinful........

Back