Louisiana will require the 10 Commandments displayed in every public school classroom

axZD7mD_700b.jpg

It isn't the words. It's taking my money to support YOUR religion that hurts.

How is posting the 10 Commandments taking a damn penny from you?

Mandating it be posted in every public funded school means it will incur a cost. Are you really not aware of how the world works? Do mommy and daddy still pay for everything for you?

1 Sam 15:3.
does that include 1 Sam 15:2 as well?....
2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

the picking of cherries.......

Mandating it be posted in every public funded school means it will incur a cost. Are you really not aware of how the world works? Do mommy and daddy still pay for everything for you?
Obviously, you need to grow up. Your ignorance is appalling.

Obviously, you need to grow up. Your ignorance is appalling.

So, yeah, your mommy and daddy still pay for stuff for you. Here in the big-boy world when someone installs something in the classroom it costs something. It costs materials, time to install, printing, etc.

But you haven't learned that yet. When you grow up and get a job (maybe fireman? spaceman?) you will have to pay for things if you want them done. You'll learn it soon enough. :)

no, they died years ago.......both made it to 95.......and I'm sure we both are required to spend money on things I don't approve of......Biden's salary is a good example......

no, they died years ago.......both made it to 95.......and I'm sure we both are required to spend money on things I don't approve of......Biden's salary is a good example......

....and you've lost the ability to follow the conversation yet again. Good for you. You made it, what, 3 posts before you worked in Biden?

Try reading the Constitution some time. Your guy loves it so much he doesn't even know the limits of the power of the Executive branch.

I see a lot of lawsuits coming against this crap?!! I'm tired of these religious fanatics shoving their religion and beliefs on the rest of us?!!
There is something called a separation of church and state too!

BATON ROUGE, La. — Louisiana has become the first state to require that the Ten Commandments be displayed in every public school classroom, the latest move from a GOP-dominated Legislature pushing a conservative agenda under a new governor.

The legislation that Republican Gov. Jeff Landry signed into law on Wednesday requires a poster-sized display of the Ten Commandments in “large, easily readable font” in all public classrooms, from kindergarten to state-funded universities.

Opponents questioned the law’s constitutionality and vowed to challenge it in court. Proponents said the the measure is not solely religious, but that it has historical significance. In the language of the law, the Ten Commandments are “foundational documents of our state and national government.”

The posters, which will be paired with a four-paragraph “context statement” describing how the Ten Commandments “were a prominent part of American public education for almost three centuries,” must be in place in classrooms by the start of 2025.

Under the law, state funds will not be used to implement the mandate. The posters would be paid for through donations.

The law also “authorizes” but does not require the display of other items in K-12 public schools, including: The Mayflower Compact, which was signed by religious pilgrims aboard the Mayflower in 1620 and is often referred to as America’s “First Constitution"; the Declaration of Independence; and the Northwest Ordinance, which established a government in the Northwest Territory — in the present day Midwest — and created a pathway for admitting new states to the Union.

Not long after the governor signed the bill into law at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School in Lafayette on Wednesday, civil rights groups and organizations that want to keep religion out of government promised to file a lawsuit challenging it.

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/19/nx-s1-5012597/louisiana-10-commandments-law-public-school-classrooms

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/2ZR43BIM3NGKBGKSH7HUUYIKQU.jpg&w=1200
That will never last, even with the current Supreme Court.

Yes it includes 1 Sam 15:2. Genocide is genocide no matter how you parse it. I thought you were against murdering babies.

Talk about "cherry picking"
I am against murdering babies......and you're in favor of it.......and I am in favor of children learning morals in school and you're against it......

Back