Louisiana will require the 10 Commandments displayed in every public school classroom

....and you've lost the ability to follow the conversation yet again. Good for you. You made it, what, 3 posts before you worked in Biden?

Try reading the Constitution some time. Your guy loves it so much he doesn't even know the limits of the power of the Executive branch.
and you went two before you worked in the superiority of atheist beliefs over Christians......I'm sure you will use that to judge me again.......

and you went two before you worked in the superiority of atheist beliefs over Christians.

I shouldn't be surprised at your lies, they flow so easily, but would you care to tell me where I espoused superiority of atheism over Christians?

.....I'm sure you will use that to judge me again.......

Your own words judge you. You should know that by now. If you don't, you might want to learn it.

So when God commanded Saul to do exactly that via his Prophet why is THAT OK?
for some reason the board engine identifies you as moon and I can't change it.........yeah. obeying what God requires of us is OK.....the passage is in the OT to teach you something.......though I am sure you will get it wrong.......

for some reason the board engine identifies you as moon and I can't change it.........yeah. obeying what God requires of us is OK

So it's OK if someone thinks God tells them to murder infants and that's your morality?

Sounds pretty relative and arbitrary. And a bit scary.

I see a lot of lawsuits coming against this crap?!! I'm tired of these religious fanatics shoving their religion and beliefs on the rest of us?!!
There is something called a separation of church and state too!

BATON ROUGE, La. — Louisiana has become the first state to require that the Ten Commandments be displayed in every public school classroom, the latest move from a GOP-dominated Legislature pushing a conservative agenda under a new governor.

The legislation that Republican Gov. Jeff Landry signed into law on Wednesday requires a poster-sized display of the Ten Commandments in “large, easily readable font” in all public classrooms, from kindergarten to state-funded universities.

Opponents questioned the law’s constitutionality and vowed to challenge it in court. Proponents said the the measure is not solely religious, but that it has historical significance. In the language of the law, the Ten Commandments are “foundational documents of our state and national government.”

The posters, which will be paired with a four-paragraph “context statement” describing how the Ten Commandments “were a prominent part of American public education for almost three centuries,” must be in place in classrooms by the start of 2025.

Under the law, state funds will not be used to implement the mandate. The posters would be paid for through donations.

The law also “authorizes” but does not require the display of other items in K-12 public schools, including: The Mayflower Compact, which was signed by religious pilgrims aboard the Mayflower in 1620 and is often referred to as America’s “First Constitution"; the Declaration of Independence; and the Northwest Ordinance, which established a government in the Northwest Territory — in the present day Midwest — and created a pathway for admitting new states to the Union.

Not long after the governor signed the bill into law at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School in Lafayette on Wednesday, civil rights groups and organizations that want to keep religion out of government promised to file a lawsuit challenging it.

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/19/nx-s1-5012597/louisiana-10-commandments-law-public-school-classrooms

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/2ZR43BIM3NGKBGKSH7HUUYIKQU.jpg&w=1200
That's awesome!

Posting up the 10 Commandments up in every classroom will have the same effect as making every student watch REEFER MADNESS!

If they should be posting anything up in a classroom, they should be posting the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of The United States, or the BILL OF RIGHTS!

They teach that halfwit. Geckos have very small brains.

You know what happens next:

1. This enters the court system to tie up courts for a few years and ultimately gunk up the Supreme Court docket
2. The Church of Satan will no doubt raise it's annoying head and demand satanic shit be posted in classrooms to make a point
3. Everyone gets all up in arms over something that should never have happened in the first place because we have a Constitution

The most annoying part of this sort of gambit (other than the usual course of events) is that the reason the Separation Clause exists is to protect religion as much as protecting us from theocracy. If someone mandates a state religion it can easily back fire and the "wrong" religion gets preference and people end up at loggerheads yet again.

No one is keeping Christians in Louisiana from enjoying their faith. NO ONE. So they can enjoy it to their hearts content in the privacy of their own lives. They shouldn't want to force it on anyone because that opens the door to faiths they DON'T like being forced on them.

C'mon, America. Get your shit together and just learn to enjoy your own stuff in your own homes. You don't have to make EVERYONE enjoy it with you.
200.webp

I never quite understood why holy rollers never wanted the cornerstone of Jesus' teachings posted, the sermon on the Mount.

My theory is that MAGA morons cannot abide by Christ's teachings on anger, hate, judgementalism, peace, love.

I see a lot of lawsuits coming against this crap?!! I'm tired of these religious fanatics shoving their religion and beliefs on the rest of us?!!
There is something called a separation of church and state too!

BATON ROUGE, La. — Louisiana has become the first state to require that the Ten Commandments be displayed in every public school classroom, the latest move from a GOP-dominated Legislature pushing a conservative agenda under a new governor.

The legislation that Republican Gov. Jeff Landry signed into law on Wednesday requires a poster-sized display of the Ten Commandments in “large, easily readable font” in all public classrooms, from kindergarten to state-funded universities.

Opponents questioned the law’s constitutionality and vowed to challenge it in court. Proponents said the the measure is not solely religious, but that it has historical significance. In the language of the law, the Ten Commandments are “foundational documents of our state and national government.”

The posters, which will be paired with a four-paragraph “context statement” describing how the Ten Commandments “were a prominent part of American public education for almost three centuries,” must be in place in classrooms by the start of 2025.

Under the law, state funds will not be used to implement the mandate. The posters would be paid for through donations.

The law also “authorizes” but does not require the display of other items in K-12 public schools, including: The Mayflower Compact, which was signed by religious pilgrims aboard the Mayflower in 1620 and is often referred to as America’s “First Constitution"; the Declaration of Independence; and the Northwest Ordinance, which established a government in the Northwest Territory — in the present day Midwest — and created a pathway for admitting new states to the Union.

Not long after the governor signed the bill into law at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School in Lafayette on Wednesday, civil rights groups and organizations that want to keep religion out of government promised to file a lawsuit challenging it.

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/19/nx-s1-5012597/louisiana-10-commandments-law-public-school-classrooms

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/2ZR43BIM3NGKBGKSH7HUUYIKQU.jpg&w=1200
Good

I never quite understood why holy rollers never wanted the cornerstone of Jesus' teachings posted, the sermon on the Mount.

My theory is that MAGA morons cannot abide by Christ's teachings on anger, hate, judgementalism, peace, love.
Yet you whine Jesus will throw people into hell for not believing in him. You people just say whatever stupid shit seems to make to advance the narrative in the moment.

Back