Loving the lefty tolerance

It's in my family, it's what I believe is right (if you take the guns from the law-abiding citizens, the criminals will still have them), it's for safety.

I fish, but I've never hunted. I could do it if I need to (I'm a decent shot), but my current firearms are no long-distance rifles.

no 'security of a free state' premise at all?

Yes and no. I'm ok with not being able to own a machine gun, but I am never ok with the public being completely disarmed in the face of a heavily armed government.

What will be, will be....I'll just wait before i rally the militia.

Yes and no. I'm ok with not being able to own a machine gun, but I am never ok with the public being completely disarmed in the face of a heavily armed government.

that seems rational.

I'm not sure you'll fit in here!

but owning a machine gun is perfectly legal......as long as it was taxed and registered before a certain date, so how is it constitutional to make it impossible to own one if it was manufactured after a certain date, but not before that date?

See: emissions rules for older vehicles. It's actually a measure to meet you a part of the way, imo. We have plenty of guns in the US now, but if more automatic were to enter the market, more violent criminals would have access to them.

Why isn't it legal to own a nuke?

Hmmm.

Well I took "no arrests" to mean something very different than "intentionally forcing physical confrontations with worshipers". Where I'm from, forcing physical confrontations leads to charges being made. Call me crazy.

Regardless, there were broad generalizations made about 'lefties', and a less-than-polite response when I asked (in what I meant to be a polite way) for a more moderate source.

Soooo, Smarter....noted...

Damocles...is it evident that they were two distinctly separate protest groups? Does "rightmichigan" seem like a good source for at least semi-neutral news about purported 'lefties'?

Regardless, it should have been evident that I do not condone the disruption of the Churchgoers religious doings/rituals/etc in their own church.
What is evident is the word "another" points to the fact that it was a separate group of people than the ones inside. Whether they were a different group doesn't change that they were not the same people.

See: emissions rules for older vehicles. It's actually a measure to meet you a part of the way, imo. We have plenty of guns in the US now, but if more automatic were to enter the market, more violent criminals would have access to them.
I could agree with this argument if there was something in the bill of rights about owning and driving a pre-emission automobile, however, I also have an issue with people misinterpreting 'shall not be infringed'.

Why isn't it legal to own a nuke?

A nuke isn't a military members 'arm', it's a strategic device. Let's not get too much further in to the strawman argument. You and I both know what is meant by 'arms' in the second amendment.

So if there were a group of police inside, and there was another group of police outside, would they be deemed separate?

I could agree with this argument if there was something in the bill of rights about owning and driving a pre-emission automobile, however, I also have an issue with people misinterpreting 'shall not be infringed'.

A nuke isn't a military members 'arm', it's a strategic device. Let's not get too much further in to the strawman argument. You and I both know what is meant by 'arms' in the second amendment.

First off, sorry i didn't quote in the last reply....It was for Damocles (obviously, I reckon)

Smarter, I actually am a bit ignorant on the wording. Where do 'arms' end, so-to-speak? (honest question)

Back