LP Nominates Barr

Go Bar Go , it will help McCain to get his ass summarily kicked.

BTW Frost was pretty prolific ,which of those people he talks of did he consider himself?

Go Bar Go , it will help McCain to get his ass summarily kicked.

BTW Frost was pretty prolific ,which of those people he talks of did he consider himself?

According to polls, Barr is pulling just as many Democrats as Republicans due to his non-interventionist stance on foreign policy. Also, it must be remembered that a significant portion of Hillary supporters will back McCain in the general election. Obama is doomed. :clink:

If I lived in a swing state, I'd vote for McCain. But being as I live in Washington, which Obama will win in a landslide, I have no qualms about voting for Barr.

That said, Barr isn't a spoiler. He is a serious contender.

Don't underestimate him.

Weird choice for the Libertarian party

*Political positions in Congress
Bob Barr, best known as one of the House Managers for Clinton's impeachment.

During his tenure, Barr was regarded as one of the most conservative members of Congress.[17] In 2002, he was described as "the idol of the gun-toting, abortion-fighting, IRS-hating hard right wing of American politics".[14] However, Barr's criticism of the Bush administration's encroachment on privacy and other civil liberties after the 9/11 attacks was unusual among House Republicans.

Life Member of the National Rifle Association and serves on its Board of Directors. Gave the keynote speech at a June National Board Meeting of the (racist) Council of Conservative Citizens

*War on drugs
Barr was a strong supporter of the War on Drugs, reflecting his previous experience as Anti-Drug Coordinator for the Department of Justice.[19]

*Same-sex marriage
Barr took a lead in legislative debate concerning same-sex marriage. He authored and sponsored the Defense of Marriage Act, a law enacted in 1996 which states that only marriages that are between a man and a woman can be federally recognized,

*Religious freedom
In Congress, he also controversially proposed that the Pentagon ban the practice of Wicca in the military

*Personal Life:
Barr's second divorce involved a trial in which Barr lied about his long-term adulterous relationship with a woman named Jerri Dobbin, the woman Barr destroyed his second marriage for and eventually married as his third wife. .... An outspoken foe of abortion, the Georgia lawmaker had acquiesced to his then-wife having an abortion in 1983.[9] And he had invoked a legal privilege during his 1985 divorce proceeding so he could refuse to answer questions on whether he'd cheated on his second wife with the woman who is now his third wife. In 1992, Barr was seen licking whipped cream off the chests of two women in bustiers at a benefit for the Leukemia Society

wikipedia

Another three time married, serial adulterer, family values conservative. :clink:

I love it when liberals pretend to be morally outraged. :rolleyes:

Everyone is a hypocrite in some way at some time or another, because we're human.

Everyone makes mistakes. No?

Oh wait, you're a liberal. You don't believe in the concept of "sin."

From your perspective, is there even anything wrong with adultery?

According to polls, Barr is pulling just as many Democrats as Republicans due to his non-interventionist stance on foreign policy. Also, it must be remembered that a significant portion of Hillary supporters will back McCain in the general election. Obama is doomed. :clink:

If I lived in a swing state, I'd vote for McCain. But being as I live in Washington, which Obama will win in a landslide, I have no qualms about voting for Barr.

That said, Barr isn't a spoiler. He is a serious contender.

Don't underestimate him.

:lmao: lmao.......

"serious contender"......still :lmao: :cof1::readit::clap::fogey:

LadyT,

Have you ever heard of the Whig Party?

It disappeared 150 years ago, when it was replaced by the GOP.

Oh jeezee we have another person who hates half of America.

Where do you get the idea that I "hate" anyone?

I don't hate. I just disagree.

yeah just how bad is this charactor at reading the political future?

It will be the begining of a long series of bad predictions or he/she will not stay here long.

Sounds like a flipflopping dumb-ass to me. Barr now favors (from YOUR article btw):

Repealing the Defense of Marriage Amendment, which he had authored.

Sounds like a flipflopping dumb-ass to me. Barr now favors (from YOUR article btw):

Repealing the Defense of Marriage Amendment, which he had authored.

You gotta admit, he has style though. Licking whipped cream off the breasts of two ladies at a Cancer benefit event, is something I never would have thought of.

You gotta admit, he has style though. Licking whipped cream off the breasts of two ladies at a Cancer benefit event, is something I never would have thought of.

C'est tres vrai.

I'm still :lmao: at the fact that someon thinks he's a "serious contender"

Newsflash Libertarians:

You're "serious contender" and his blimp went down in a ball of flame Hindenburg style.

C'est tres vrai.

I'm still :lmao: at the fact that someon thinks he's a "serious contender"

Newsflash Libertarians:

You're "serious contender" and his blimp went down in a ball of flame Hindenburg style.

When I say serious contender, it doesn't mean I think he can win. It does mean, however, that he will give both major party candidates a run for their money. A Barr-Root ticket could easily win several million votes and impact the outcome of the election. (But, I do cautiously predict McCain will win).

How the hell do you get anomination for suddenly being against a social bill YOU authored.

I've seen nothing to indicate Barr now opposes DOMA. Until I've seen a verified source (an anti-war site doesn't count), I'll have to assume he stands by that vote. There is nothing inherently anti-Libertarian about DOMA.

Back