LP Nominates Barr

It only took a second to find it. BTW I just got back from seeing the new Indiana Jones movie with my family and forgot to log off the putty.

Just because you see my name on the list does not always mean Im sitting in the chair friend.

No, I just think it's creepy that you'd run a search on me.

LMAO@desh again!

It only took a second to find it. BTW I just got back from seeing the new Indiana Jones movie with my family and forgot to log off the putty.

Just because you see my name on the list does not always mean Im sitting in the chair friend.

Uh desh...you are in the stealth mode...no one can see your name except the admin!...I do believe thornicus was referring to something else than being logged in!:cof1:

I don't care how Barr has "changed" his positions. I don't trust a man who votes for the patriot act, the Iraq War, the "defense of marriage act", and then proclaims to be for individual rights and peace. If Ron Paul doesn't run as an independent (which I'm sure he will not), then I'll be voting for Obama.

I really feel a lot of LP'ers will have wished that Ron Paul had run as an (L). Barr is nothing more than the LP's hope to gain a larger foothold on the political landscape. I wouldn't be surprised if Barr is simply using the LP to gain national attention; it's hard to believe he is truly for protecting individual rights.

If I remember correctly, Barr promised to vote for it so long as he could be on the committee writing the bill. Why? So he could make sure there would be a sunset provision inserted into the bill.

Ironhead, I have an off-topic question for you. How is it that so many liberals and left-leaning libertarians are able to overlook Ron Paul's 100% pro-life stance and opposition to "gay rights"? Perhaps you can address that question. Paul authored the Sanctity of Life Act, which would have effectively given equal protection by law to the unborn. He also voted to ban "gay adoptions" in the District of Columbia. How are you so quick to overlook this for Paul, but not for any other candidate? I'm curious.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, Barr promised to vote for it so long as he could be on the committee writing the bill. Why? So he could make sure there would be a sunset provision inserted into the bill.

Ironhead, I have an off-topic question for you. How is it that so many liberals and left-leaning libertarians are able to overlook Ron Paul's 100% pro-life stance and opposition to "gay rights"? Perhaps you can address that question. Paul authored the Sanctity of Life Act, which would have effectively given equal protection by law to the unborn. He also voted to ban "gay adoptions" in the District of Columbia. How are you so quick to overlook this for Paul, but not for any other candidate? I'm curious.

Because Paul is only "personally against" gay rights and abortion. He would take away federal protections, and give the right to make laws for or against, to the individual states. The federal government has no business getting involved in civil rights of any kind, and the states should be the ultimate daddy figure and tell women and gays what to do. That's what we call, Freedom, baby.

I am not fond of RP's stances on abortion, however, he has consistently voted on it as a matter of federalism and believes the states should decide the issue. I can live with this, even though I disagree, considering that I agree with so many of RP's positions on other issues, such as foreign policy, civil liberties, sound money, health care, and others.

Ron Paul views (as do I) gay rights within the context of individual rights. He may not view them as broadly as I do, but he does not support the federal marriage ban - so that's at least a decent compromise on the issue. Barr voted for the federal marriage ban, the patriot act, and the Iraq war. Therein lies a big part of why I can't trust Barr, nor vote for him.

........ Barr voted for the federal marriage ban, the patriot act, and the Iraq war. ......

Those are pretty big Libertarian issues. I don't know too much about the guy, but I don't understand how he got the nomination by being in favor of those big ticket items. For most socially left leaning groups any one of those are deal breakers let alone all three.

which highlights what I said before:

lmao......."serious contender"

Shocking there...

Those are pretty big Libertarian issues. I don't know too much about the guy, but I don't understand how he got the nomination by being in favor of those big ticket items. For most socially left leaning groups any one of those are deal breakers let alone all three.

which highlights what I said before:

lmao......."serious contender"

Umm no one else wanted the job that was not in prison ?

Back