marginal tax rates for 100 years on top 1%

They gain the most and should pay the most.

Asking people who are struggling to pay after the top just had YEARS of record profits is UNFAIR.

Asking people who are struggling to pay after the top just had YEARS of record profits is UNFAIR.

They do pay the most, but to suggest they should pay half or 70% or 90% of their income is absolutely ridiculous.

By & large, people who earn a lot have worked their asses off to get where they are. What you are talking about is punitive, and to me, it's where the left completely loses me.

How come people don't talk about how we can reduce spending, and increase gov't efficiency? Why is the 1st line of argument always "fleece the rich?"

Nobody has suggested that they pay such stuff, this is emotive politics and just plain silly.

Those who are struggling in such a way don't pay taxes, and they haven't for a long, long time.

This country has worked best when those peoples taxes are high.

Say what you want the facts are in.

"Those peoples" taxes were high in the 90s?

The nation works best when people believe they have opportunities. The measure of compassion and good government is not the number of people who are "helped" by the government or how much you believe it is "fair" to take from one group to give to another.

(Again... Generalizing is fun, but it is equal to the inane statement to begin with.)

I think they are better off closing tax loopholes so that Imus cant build a massive ranch funnel all his money thru it having like 10kids s year show up with cancer and calling it a non profit.

Desh, you sound like Dano.

You are not showing any causation. There is nothing inherently good about high taxes. There is no logic to your argument.

You just want high taxes for the sake of it. It's wrong.

Every part
Again, those taxes were higher in the 90s than they were at what time before?

The nation does best when people believe that they don't need the government because there are opportunities in abundance. Not because you think punitive taxation to be "more just".

try to make some sense next time mmmkay.

This is about making the country work.

It works best when the wealtheist contribute in a level manner in which they benifit.

Its not puniative its share in proportion to benifit.

It works and that has been proven by history.

Nobody has suggested that they pay such stuff, this is emotive politics and just plain silly.

Those who are struggling in such a way don't pay taxes, and they haven't for a long, long time.

Damo many struggling people pay taxes.
Come down from Camelot and smell the crap.

try to make some sense next time mmmkay.

This is about making the country work.

It works best when the wealtheist contribute in a level manner in which they benifit.

Its not puniative its share in proportion to benifit.

It works and that has been proven by history.

We have a progressive tax system. The wealthy do pay more.

When you start getting into ranges above 40%, it is most definitely punitive. Even that is too high for any citizen to pay.

They do pay the most, but to suggest they should pay half or 70% or 90% of their income is absolutely ridiculous.

By & large, people who earn a lot have worked their asses off to get where they are. What you are talking about is punitive, and to me, it's where the left completely loses me.

How come people don't talk about how we can reduce spending, and increase gov't efficiency? Why is the 1st line of argument always "fleece the rich?"

I may disagree with you a lot Onceler but I've heard you say this before here (what you wrote above) and I respect you for it. I would think regardless of party affiliation we should all want government to run as efficently as possible. That should be a goal we can all come together on.

Back