Marine Corps surpasses recruiting goal

This is interesting. I am kicking around in my mind, a piece I want to write about "supporting the troops". And the question I want to ask is, how does one support a troop who joins now? Because I can't.

I can use this information, thanks.

Explain please. Without being anti-American if possible.

I someone joins up to fight in the iraq war at this point, knowing it is a war that is at the very best based on mistakes, and quite probably on lies.

WASHINGTON - The Marine Corps far surpassed its recruiting goal last month and could eventually be more than a year ahead of schedule in its plan to grow the force to 202,000 members.

From the halls of Montezuma....

What part of "I heard" makes disingenuous people think that it is a definitive statement? I think you are being a turd purposefully now.

Calm down damo. I didn't harrass you on this thread. I just posted the article. You made a mistake, you were wrong. I wasn't participating in the dog pile.

I make mistakes all the time dude. PMS much?

Calm down damo. I didn't harrass you on this thread. I just posted the article. You made a mistake, you were wrong. I wasn't participating in the dog pile.

I make mistakes all the time dude. PMS much?
So, because you cannot point to anything definitive in a request for information you make with the 7th grade "PMS" jokes? What is it with you guys today?

Explain please. Without being anti-American if possible.

I was going to ignore this because nothing I say could sound anything but anti-american to you, considering your narrow definition of the phrase. And I'm writing about it so dont want to delve too deeply into it here. Suffice it to say that I have always felt for the guys who joined right after 9/11 and then believed their commander in chief when he told them they were protecting us from wmds by going to iraq. Or the ones, like Pat Tilman who joined after 9/11 because they were brave and they were true and they wanted to protect their country and go to afghanistan, but were sent to Iraq and came to understand they'd been had. Or, even if unlike Tillman, they never came to understand this. I always felt for the national guardspeople who signed on years ago and never believed they'd be called up for tour after tour. I always felt for anyone was in the service prior to 9/11 and Iraq and can't get out now due to stop-loss, so they either go to iraq over and over and over or they go to jail and have their dishonorable discharge follow them their whole lives.

But it is over five years later. We now know that there are no wmds and never were. We now know about all of the lies. We now know this is a dishonorable war waged by a liar. We now know that we have killed some where around 1 million Iraqis, give or take.

And we know, that if you join the service now, you are going to Iraq, period. So why would I support anyone who would do that?

Now I have a question for you Epic. Not too long ago, I was openly musing and weighing, as I often to, arguing with myself so to speak, the costs of voting for a democrat who was not sufficiently anti-war. And you and Dave were all over me. "YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT LIKE THAT, YOU'RE A HYPOCRITE IF YOU DO". And you whined about how you have friends who had to go to Iraq. And about the lives of more young Americans. And I remember I told you and Dave that you were demanding that I lay aside every value I hold dear, in order to be true to only one of them, and to save the lives of men and women who volunteered to join the military, 90% of whom had voted for George Bush in the first place. And I said I'd still do it, but only because of the hundreds of thousands of those, dead and maimed and grief-stricken for life, who never volunteered.

Now I see no sign that Dave is voting for anyone but barack, and yet you are on here, not a year after you screeched at me that i had "no right" because of YOUR friends and other young Americans, talking about voting for Mister John McCain, and I would like to see you explain that. Thank you.

Back