McCain flips on "Mission Accomplished"

Please, Lorax consistently speaks on how he has no sense of humor.

Don't try to pretend that he is magically and suddenly having the capacity to understand such things. And you can't really talk either. BAC, Oncelor, and you. The three "What? That was a joke? You didn't really think that he meant it that way?" posters...

Um, Okay.

Again, I can understand that on things where he wished and washed...

Like the tax breaks.

The war, he has consistently said the handling of this war was poor. I can't see this one as being a "flip" or a wish or wash...

You dont understand, at one point he was defending "Mission Accomplished" and the presidents actions. Later he was saying "Mission Accomplished" was wrong!

Thats a classic flip flop...!

Whew, I thought it was just me who couldn't make heads or tails of that. What a relief.

Damo, are you hitting the sauce this morning? :clink:
[Man, if Obama had done this]

Your sad attempt to associate McCain to a candidate who is on the downward trend in the polls notwithstanding...

;)

And Cypress, stop puppy-dogging it. Repeating what others say is not original, or funny.

Whew, I thought it was just me who couldn't make heads or tails of that. What a relief.

Damo, are you hitting the sauce this morning? :clink:

He's trying his hand at comedy. I wish I understood "jokes."

It reminds me of when I used to watch the old Rush Limbaugh show on TV (as is well known here, I am somewhat of a masochist). Rush would say something that would get a crinkled brow from me at best, and there would be people in the audience who were practically on the floor or in tears, laughing their heads off.

There is a real, discernible difference between right & left humor.

You dont understand, at one point he was defending "Mission Accomplished" and the presidents actions. Later he was saying "Mission Accomplished" was wrong!

Thats a classic flip flop...!
Okay.

I see what they are saying, at one time he repeated that idiotic explanation of the Administration. However, he has spent years saying that this war was handled poorly...

I can live with a mistake on that. You are right, it's a "flip"...

It doesn't change that Lorax is associating the two candidates... :D

Okay.

I see what they are saying, at one time he repeated that idiotic explanation of the Administration. However, he has spent years saying that this war was handled poorly...

I can live with a mistake on that. You are right, it's a "flip"...

It doesn't change that Lorax is associating the two candidates... :D

Okay, but the topic was not McCains opinion on how the war has been handled. It was how he responded to the idiotic actions of President Bush. He blindly defended them, until that became unpopular 5 years later and now he blindly condems them!

Okay, but the topic was not McCains opinion on how the war has been handled. It was how he responded to the idiotic actions of President Bush. He blindly defended them, until that became unpopular 5 years later and now he blindly condems them!
LOL.

I don't think Jarod was being sarcastic.

He's right, too; classic obfuscation from you. That was NOT the topic. The topic is his feelings on the "Mission Accomplished" banner & sentiment. In 2003, he agreed with it and defended it. Yesterday, he contradicted that, and said he was always against it.

That, as Jarod said, is a classic flip-flop. One thing that I do find kind of funny - even though I have a very small, almost insignificant sense of humor - is your stubborn attempts to defend & distract from that.

He's right, too; classic obfuscation from you. That was NOT the topic. The topic is his feelings on the "Mission Accomplished" banner & sentiment. In 2003, he agreed with it and defended it. Yesterday, he contradicted that, and said he was always against it.

That, as Jarod said, is a classic flip-flop. One thing that I do find kind of funny - even though I have a very small, almost insignificant sense of humor - is your stubborn attempts to defend & distract from that.

Ill agree with this...!

This time I was laughing at myself.

I can understand why you would be confused this time. I wasn't clear with where the LOL was aimed.

Again, it wasn't "obfuscation" it was dry wit. You know sarcasm meant to be slightly biting, not LOL funny. I thought it would be obvious even to you because it was clearly off-topic.

Your pretense that the post was entirely serious on the points I was making is sad, especially when I stated why it was pointed where it was.

Whatever, Onceler, I just have GOT to remember never to joke with a Lib, unless it is the LOL type because nuance is not their strong point.

Whatever, I just have GOT to remember never to joke with a Lib, unless it is the LOL type because nuance is not their strong point.

Ya, like the cons getting so offended over something like the latest Time Mag cover.

Ya, like the cons getting so offended over something like the latest Time Mag cover.
Yeah, but it seems to be the entire group of libs. Seriously.

The only people who seem to miss the dry wit every time are always the same players, and it ain't the cons. There are a few of the cons who will occasionally take a remark too seriously, but the libs.. It's like it's a founding principle...

(Hijacking... sorry Onceler)...

Yeah, but it seems to be the entire group of libs. Seriously.

The only people who seem to miss the dry wit every time are always the same players, and it ain't the cons. There are a few of the cons who will occasionally take a remark too seriously, but the libs.. It's like it's a founding principle...

(Hijacking... sorry Onceler)...

I see both sides doing that all the time. Not just the libs. Cons do it consistantly... They are always offended by something. Thats not patirotic, thats attacking religen, thats not pro-american...

I see both sides doing that all the time. Not just the libs. Cons do it consistantly... They are always offended by something. Thats not patirotic, thats attacking religen, thats not pro-american...
My point is, only one group seems to do it as a religious practice.

I stated both do it, but only one seems to do it every time. If a joke isn't right out there and of the LOL type, then the nuance is lost if that group sees it.

"Where are the quotes where he said it was all fantastic at that time?

Doesn't "flipping" require they take a position different to what they stated before? He said that the way the war was handled sucked for a long time. "

This is "dry wit?"

Are you saying that you don't really feel this way, and that you do in fact think it was a flip flop?

That's the main point I was addressing, you fool.

Back